Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

greazeball posted:

lmao what were they thinking

I think he was player manager, but they could at least have found some boots for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Conte is going to love working with Son and hate Alli even more than Mourinho did.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

CyberPingu posted:

A stare as vacant as a certain trophy cabinet

the europa conference league cup is gnna look pretty good next to the audi cup

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Lol

https://twitter.com/arseblog/status/1455512790257524746?t=UK4xI7w7o9OPmtZre3vHKA&s=19

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

greazeball posted:

lmao what were they thinking

He was player-manager, it's a bit forced but at least makes sense.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Thanks for the clarifications, I hope he at least wore that outfit on the touchlines

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

having a normal one

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

vyelkin posted:

Conte is probably the best Spurs could have hoped for, especially if the rumours about him being interested in the Man U job are true, so gj Levy I guess but especially gj to Nuno for making 14m for like four months of work

1.4 million per game managed. an absolute legend at the bank.

can't make this stuff up, can you

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

i think Conte will get Spurs 0 (zero) trophies and will leave them still needing a rebuild, so all in all, im quite fine with this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i think on the whole I'd rather emery in charge of Newcastle for a relegation fight than Howe who seems to be the back up but maybe thats because I've watched us concede a million goals recently and Howe never seemed good at stopping that

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I don't know why Emery would even want to return to england though after how badly his last attempt ended

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

without wanting to hate on Emery, I do think if he was hired, Newcastle fans could expect to watch the same kind of defensive football where they concede a billion shots that they did under bruce/jones. Maybe it'll help offensively.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mr Snips posted:

I don't know why Emery would even want to return to england though after how badly his last attempt ended

Money

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Emery’s problems at Arsenal seemed to be tied to alienating the players after he did pretty well in his first season. He would probably be a bad choice for Newcastle who will presumably be trying to buy all the South Americans that can be purchased from third party owners.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

He'll also be walking into a job where he'll inevitably be fired within 2 years for not hitting the impossible standards put on him as well as a media that made fun of him for his accent

Although hell, I'd be willing to put up with that poo poo too if I was being paid millions for it

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Everyone feeling sorry for Nuno just needs to remember he got £14,000,000 for 4 months work. I've read that according to his contract he wouldn't have been paid off if Spurs failed to finish top 6 so hats off to him for tanking the club badly enough that Levy felt it worth handing him almost 10 million extra quid to have him leave immediately. Good work if you can get it.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
If a lot of draws are what you're looking for, Emery is the man.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Flayer posted:

Everyone feeling sorry for Nuno just needs to remember he got £14,000,000 for 4 months work. I've read that according to his contract he wouldn't have been paid off if Spurs failed to finish top 6 so hats off to him for tanking the club badly enough that Levy felt it worth handing him almost 10 million extra quid to have him leave immediately. Good work if you can get it.

Do people feel sorry for Nuno? And yeah getting sacked as a manger owns. It’s basically a big payday and a vacation.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

blue footed boobie posted:

Do people feel sorry for Nuno? And yeah getting sacked as a manger owns. It’s basically a big payday and a vacation.

I felt a bit sorry for him in the utd game because he was getting so much poo poo (but then I'm a big softy).

Flayer is right though, I don't think he actually wanted the job in the first place and was burned out mentally when he took it.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Mr Snips posted:

The overcast weather allows him better a hunt for plump, pale, and delicious necks. :drac:

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Mr Snips posted:

He'll also be walking into a job where he'll inevitably be fired within 2 years for not hitting the impossible standards put on him as well as a media that made fun of him for his accent

Although hell, I'd be willing to put up with that poo poo too if I was being paid millions for it

Yeah. He must know it's a bridge job, but it's a chance to show he's still relevant, garner some sympathy for his inevitable lovely treatment, and most importantly make fat stacks of money

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

tarbrush posted:

Yeah. He must know it's a bridge job, but it's a chance to show he's still relevant, garner some sympathy for his inevitable lovely treatment, and most importantly make fat stacks of money

He won the Europa again last year beating United, I think he is still pretty relevant.

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Flayer posted:

He had done very well out of it and can now afford to wait on the sidelines for either the Wolves job to come back again, or (more likely) get in the Watford queue.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Don't forget spite

Love a bit of spite

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Jose posted:

waiting to see if newcastle get relegated or not and can go hog wild signing players

Well they’re not getting relegated by January anyway, they may take Kane at that point I reckon.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Excited for the return of good ebenings

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

ZeeBoi posted:

Excited for the return of good ebenings

I have some bad news for you.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59144370

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Bad ebening :o:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

blue footed boobie posted:

Emery’s problems at Arsenal seemed to be tied to alienating the players after he did pretty well in his first season. He would probably be a bad choice for Newcastle who will presumably be trying to buy all the South Americans that can be purchased from third party owners.

If you call missing out on the top four by taking 4 points from the final 5 matches and then letting Chelsea give his team a colonscopy in the Europa League final 'pretty well'.

deletebeepbeepbeep
Nov 12, 2008
According to that BBC article Newcastle have already made unsuccessful approaches to Conte, Xavi and Löw.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Why Xavi of all people? Surely if you want to throw money at someone to fix your poo poo from the ground up you'd want Rangnick or something like that

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Conte posted:

I think this is a great opportunity for me to come back in England in a club of top players and, for sure, it will be a pleasure to be Tottenham manager
Top top players and uhh, a club

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TheRat posted:

Why Xavi of all people? Surely if you want to throw money at someone to fix your poo poo from the ground up you'd want Rangnick or something like that

He's been rumoured for ages but doesn't want to be a manager anymore and we need one of those more urgently than a director of football

But xavi lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
I hear Steve Bruce is available

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

You think you’re funny big guy??

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1455896196107624454

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

the sex ghost posted:

Seems a bit too ambitious for a club like Newcastle

I'd imagine he'll want to hold out for a big job like a Forest or a Forest Green

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

the sex ghost posted:

This would be so loving good.

"Ok Steve, this time you get a wallet. Have fun!"