Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
https://twitter.com/SoundersFC/status/1452018454387515397
https://twitter.com/stuholden/status/1454905535862501381

Anyway...

Revs unsurprisingly got the Shield, which they clinched while at 69 points (nice) and the single season points record, which they can still add to. Cincy got their third straight Wooden Spoon and are 4 goals away from conceding the most goals in a season, which was set by...2019 Cincinnati. All of Texas got eliminated from the playoffs and there's a not-unreasonable chance that all of California does as well (:laugh:). Before we get to Decision Day this Sunday there's a game tonight (LAG @ Seattle), tomorrow (Vancouver @ LAFC) and a handful of Wednesday matchups (including Houston @ Montreal, which serves as the final intraconference matchup before MLS Cup and Houston's final game of the season as they're already eliminated and there's an odd number of teams in the league). Decision Day will see all of the East games kick off at 3:30PM EST and the West games at 6PM EST (and I will be stuck in an SUV for the entire time, but thankfully not driving). No word yet on what the nationally televised games are, probably will be announced on Thursday.

And remember, gently caress KC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Apparently Morris might play tonight, I'm actually legitimately curious how fast he is after returning from his second acl.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

ffs

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

:toot:

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/1455360727904968709

:toot:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Oh what loving horseshit, that's a PK

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Glad video review isn't a thing anymore in Seattle games

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoundersFC/status/1455365633554616323

Maybe it's just me, but it sure looked like he missed the ball and hit the face instead.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Thankfully Rui didn't miss that PK.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Keeper / crossbar :argh:

Uninspired performance, refs didn't help, feels like a one-and-done playoffs this year.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Yeah, after last week that's what I posted, and it sure looks like it will be true.

But hey, at least Morris ran around for 30 minutes, even if his touch was really bad.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
We're going to be fine.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Go Austin

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
here is how cf montreal can still make the playoffs.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
SKC is sleeping.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I forgot that Adrian Healey became Austin's announcer and was confused as to why an ESPN broadcast was on ESPN+

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

:laffo::laffo::laffo::laffo:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

HAHAHHA, gently caress you KC.

Anthony Precourt can still go drown in piss though.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Rob Stone’s gonna be happy about that one!

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

What the hell is happening in Austin tonight?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
You’re welcome, Seattle.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

And with that result, Houston has officially clinched the worst record in the West, with 30 points in 34 played.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Taylor Twellman: "And now you understand why #MLSAfterDark trends in the night time"
Me: ....................

Edward Mass posted:

You’re welcome, Seattle.

Thank you and the players on the pitch who delivered that result and basically nothing else related to your team.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RSL bad

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

RSL real bad.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Tejas on the bottom as God intended. :twisted:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Moktaro posted:

Tejas on the bottom as God intended. :twisted:

And it's not even close either. They could all be 11+ points behind the next best team (San Jose) at season's end.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Alright, time for the goddamn Decision Day effortpost.

code:
Seed   Club             Points  Wins  GD
-------------FIRST ROUND BYE------------
 1     New England (ss) 73      22    25
-------------FIRST ROUND HOST-----------
 2     Philadelphia (p) 53      14    13
 3     Nashville (p)    53      12    22
 4     NYCFC (p)        50      14    20
-------------PLAYOFFS-------------------
 5     Atlanta          48      12     7
 6     Orlando          48      12     0
 7     NYRB             47      13     6
-------------ELIMINATED-----------------
 8     Montreal         46      12     4
 9     DC               44      13     0
10     Columbus         44      12    -1
11     Miami (e)        38      11   -18
12     Chicago (e)      34       9   -16
13     Toronto (e)      28       6   -25
14     Cincinnati (ws)  20       4   -36

Seed   Club             Points  Wins  GD
-------------FIRST ROUND BYE------------
 1     Seattle (p)      59      17    20
-------------FIRST ROUND HOST-----------
 2     SKC (p)          58      17    19
 3     Colorado (p)     58      16    13
 4     Portland (p)     52      16     1
-------------PLAYOFFS-------------------
 5     Minnesota        48      13    -2
 6     Vancouver        48      12     0
 7     LA Galaxy        47      13    -4
-------------ELIMINATED-----------------
 8     RSL              45      13     0
 9     LAFC             45      12     5
10     San Jose (e)     40      10    -8
11     Dallas (e)       32       7    -9
12     Austin (e)       31       9   -18
13     Houston (e)      30       6   -18
This Sunday will be Decision Day, which is something the league copied from Europe came up with a few years ago after realizing that having all of the games kick off at the same time makes things more exciting. However, with so many teams and conference play involved, there will be two sets of kickoffs, with 1 nationally televised game in each set and a whiparound show on the league's various social media platforms to keep track of all of the games simultaneously. Playoffs this year are the top 7 teams in each conference, with the #1 seed getting a first-round bye. Tiebreakers go Points --> Wins --> Goal Differential --> Goals For --> not going to get past this point. Plenty of ink has been spilled about all the scenarios and wackiness that might occur, so I'll just leave links for for that rather than doing a copy-and-paste job. Matchups and a quick blurb on each below:

Eastern Conference - 3:30PM EST
Atlanta @ Cincinnati - Cincinnati is 3 goals conceded away for tying the record for most goals conceded in a season, set by...2019 FC Cincinnati.
Chicago @ Columbus - Reminder that Caleb Porter has never had back-to-back playoff seasons and that Columbus basically needs a meteor strike or two to get in at this point.
Orlando @ Montreal - Loser probably stays at home. Unfortunately for one of those teams, said home is in Florida.
NYRB @ Nashville (ESPN) - Red Bulls are hanging on to the last playoff spot and their 12 year playoff streak by a single point. Good news is one more point will do it and Nashville have 17 ties on the season.
Miami @ New England - New England's month-long regular season victory lap comes to its conclusion.
Philadelphia @ NYCFC - Fight for the #2 seed. At least someone's getting some use out of Yankee Stadium in November. :v:
DC @ Toronto - DC need a slightly smaller meteor than Columbus to get in.

Western Conference - 6PM EST
LAFC @ Colorado - The top two seeds in the West will be getting CCL berths*. Colorado is currently 3rd and has 1st within their reach. LAFC is probably screwed.
RSL @ SKC - *points to thread title*
Minnesota @ LA Galaxy (FS1) - Another "loser probably stays at home" match, but this time with negative goal differentials on both sides.
Austin @ Portland - The second most pointless game this matchday as Austin have long been eliminated and Portland is locked in at the #4 seed.
Dallas @ San Jose - The most pointless game this matchday as both teams have been eliminated for quite some time now.
Seattle @ Vancouver - #1 seed, Cascadia Cup and a spot in the CCL all on the line here for the coolest and best** team in the league.

I can't wait to watch all of this...while in the back of an SUV due to a work trip :smith:

*Usually the US' 4 spots go to the two Conference winners, the MLS Cup winner and the US Open Cup winner. As that tourney has been cancelled, the USOC spot is going to the next best regular season record holder. SEA/SKC/COL are all 5+ points clear of the non-NE East teams, hence West #1 and #2 will be getting guaranteed CCL spots. #3 could still get a spot if #1/#2/NE wins MLS Cup.
**Just ignore that 14 point chasm between them and New England

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Nov 7, 2021

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
It's super sick that montreal just has to beat orlando city and is then in.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Happy decision day everyone

See you this afternoon whitecaps

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Alright, time for the goddamn Decision Day effortpost.

good post. This decision day looks pretty fun, only 1 playoff seed decided and all but 3 matches I think have implications.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

2 decided seeds. Portland is locked in at #4 in the West to go along with NE's blitzkrieg of the East.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

whypick1 posted:

2 decided seeds. Portland is locked in at #4 in the West to go along with NE's blitzkrieg of the East.

ah yeah MLS's website graphic didn't include them for some reason

either way, fun times

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

nice start nashville

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Me: I wonder which game in the East I'll watch
My phone barely able to a 2G signal: About that...

E: my complaining worked!...or getting close to a university town, take your pick.

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Nov 7, 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Montreal is probably going to want to have scored on that 1v1.

E: way to go Atlanta

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

getting spicy out there

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

East playoff field as it stands:

#1 NE - Bye
#7 ATL @ #2 PHI
#6 NYR @ #3 NSH
#5 ORL @ #4 NYC

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
Man, when Montreal gently caress this up they'll have so many different things to point to.

(also lol Atlanta, they'll make the playoffs anyway but playing like this I see a 2017 Quakes-esque first round exit in their future)

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Orlando :tviv:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

good rear end goal

main drama now appears to be DC United or NYRB in the playoffs. NYRB need a point (or win) to make it