Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Serious question is Henry Ruggs dead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

we're supposed to be excited for mediocre players you never heard about getting traded for late rounders, not expecting people to hopefully be alive :smith:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

gently caress man

TMZ says at least one fatality

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This is Ruggs' Corvette. Can't tell if it's the same but that car looks good and hosed. Hope he's ok.

http://www.dreamworksmotorsports.com/henry-ruggs-chevy-corvette-stingray

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
10:27 AM PT -- A source close to Ruggs tells us the NFL'er is expected to be OK. The condition of the other people involved in the crash is still unclear.

Well theres that at least :unsmith:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

that's his 'Vette alright and it sure looks like a head-on collision

engine's in the back so maybe more crumple room?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Trade OBJ to the Rams

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Las Vegas immediately announced that Ruggs has already passed the NFL concussion protocol.

/s

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
That other car is torched :stare:

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

DariusLikewise posted:

Trade OBJ to the Rams

Ok

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/davidcharns/status/1455592752444477443?s=21

Welp

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo. Felony DUI is not what I expected to see today.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

:smith:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Ohhhhh. Well, I guess he's the one that lived so that's a positive for him.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Causing a death via DUI is just straight-up murder in my opinion. I've lost too many people to drunk drivers; I just have no sympathy for it. gently caress.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
What in the gently caress. You stupid fucks can't afford an Uber? The NFL even has (had?) a service where they'd send a driver for you anywhere.

gently caress this gay earth

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Christ he's going away for that.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
That's loving horrible. drat.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
On the upside he leads the league in yards after contact.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Vile

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1455594682499600388

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1455595101523173377?t=_FcfWjXcSPhsHa1QYgVIZA&s=19

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hey Raiders we got OBJ over here now that Ruggs should be doing prison time.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Rollercoaster of an hour going from oh man I hope he's okay to gently caress him, hope for nothing but the worst for the guy.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
You're really never doing anything good out at 3:30 in the morning.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/LATimesfarmer/status/1455593180468953092?t=1xTpfxzH1z0nTvO7u9itsA&s=19

Let's Go

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Kalli posted:

Rollercoaster of an hour going from oh man I hope he's okay to gently caress him, hope for nothing but the worst for the guy.

Few things I have less sympathy for than "driving drunk" but yeah "driving drunk while being paid NFL money" is one

Get a cab, you're not above riding in a taxi just because you were a top twelve draft pick last year

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

mcmagic posted:

You're really never doing anything good out at 3:30 in the morning.

nothing good happens after… whenever I regularly go to bed

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Hell, I’m in.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

mcmagic posted:

Christ he's going away for that.

Ehhhh, he definitely should but I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's going to get a very good defense attorney and it seems like he avoided making things way way worse for himself by not fleeing the scene. Though I wouldn't be surprised if Vegas prosecutors were pretty aggressive about felony DUIs, just to set an example.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.
Are the Browns or the Chiefs going to sign Ruggs?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

gently caress that noise. I want to see him give a youtube version of Mike Tomlin’s press conference, pledging to never stop coaching the kids’ team he’s coaching and saying how it’s the best job in the world

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It looks like Ruggs rear-ended the RAV4. If he still managed to kill someone through a rear-ending, and judging from the total destruction of the front trunk on the 'Vette, he must've been going 100+ MPH.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

MrLogan posted:

Are the Browns or the Chiefs going to sign Ruggs?

Dorsey is gone so cleveland is out.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
2021 Phillip Rivers is probably as good as 2020 Drew Brees

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

It looks like Ruggs rear-ended the RAV4.

yeah the LVMPD note confirmed it

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

pmchem posted:

gently caress that noise. I want to see him give a youtube version of Mike Tomlin’s press conference, pledging to never stop coaching the kids’ team he’s coaching and saying how it’s the best job in the world

I'm here for any Philip Rivers press conference

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Throwing your insane life away because you can't call an Uber

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gently caress

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Under Nevada law, DUI resulting in death is a Class B felony. Punishment includes two to 20 years in prison.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

dui resulting in death is a felony in neveda and 2-20 years in prison fyi