Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

AndrewP posted:

stop making me want Odell on the Ravens

Its weird because most years Id say yeah we could use him but this year not so much. Maybe Watkins for him straight up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Hughmoris posted:

OBJ is washed. Dude has been coasting off his name for years now. One or two highlight plays does not make a good player.

I didn't watch this week's game but he was a clown a few weeks ago when Keenum was throwing the ball.

People said that about Moss before he went to the Patriots.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Teams are always in the midst of rebuilding though. The ones that bottom out and go down the studs do so because the coaching staff sucks and gets canned and the new coach wants to start over. I think Baltimore is consistently good because Harbaugh is a good coach, not because of their conservative roster management philosophy.

It's more that we've had a decent front office. Harbaugh is a do-nothing coach which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. He got lucky to inherit the team after one abysmal season from Brian Billick and got many of the pieces still there from a 13-3 team plus Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. He contributes nothing to gameplans and playcalling. He's literally just there. He wouldn't fire Cam Cameron for years because they were old friends despite his running an offense that didn't fit the talent at all from 09-12. Until we blew a lead to Washington and Bisciotti threw a fit due to Baltimore's inferiority complex toward DC. And then we fired him. And suddenly the offense looked great and we won the SB.

But yeah we've been on top because of our drafting and also because we've had a pretty smart approach to free agency. We don't jump at the biggest hot name we like to go for proven vets that other teams think are done that we can get at a discount.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

You've also called Newsome a hack and demanded him to be fired. Starting to think that you might just say whatever is expedient at the time!

I dont think I ever said we should get rid of him just that he was a little overrated which I stand by. But part of that was just the insane stretch of picks he made which was unsustainable for anyone, so not really him being a hack.

And its sports talk and reactions so we all overreact sometimes.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Paint Crop Pro posted:

Kawa i know everyone says the Baltimore Oriole is the best bird in Maryland, but I gotta know why people never say Red Heads. Criminally undervalued. I'll hang up and listen.

Oh man theres a lot of choices. You cant pick just one if all the regular MD birds over the course of the year are included. Harlequin Duck is another cool duck choice if you see it in breeding plumage. Scoters are cool too. I always liked Northern Shovelers with their big bills! Long- tailed Duck another good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I couldnt believe when I saw Herbert was 6'6. I always figured he was like 5'10