Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I expect the Rams to offload DeSean Jackson on someone for a 7th round pick swap today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Trade OBJ to the Rams

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

2021 Phillip Rivers is probably as good as 2020 Drew Brees

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Blitz of 404 Error posted:

The Raiders released Willie Snead a week ago because he wasn't getting any touches and now without Ruggs the team only has 3 WRs that can play this Sunday so uh, please trade for Brandon Cooks or OBJ or something

DeSean Jackson

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Market inefficiency. If everyone else values draft picks super highly then you can get an advantage by valuing something else super highly and giving your draft picks to other teams in exchange.

It's basically this. Les Snead always described the Jalen Ramsey and Matt Stafford trades though as guaranteed ways to get cornerstone players, guys you can slap a five year contract on and build around. They could have taken a couple stabs with the first rounders they traded but they are always going to be a middling team or better in the short term so those guys will probably never be as good. They stock up on compensatory and late round picks and specifically have built their scouting process around finding guys that are good at one thing to compliment their main talent and it's worked, hard to argue that. Three years down the road when Donald is 33, Stafford is 36 and Ramsey is 30 it probably won't be as good but the whole point is trying as hard as they can to win some championships now while everyone is in their prime.

Mega64 posted:

Imagine if the Saints stole the Rams' strategy of trading high picks for established players and paired it with their ability to give the cap the middle finger.

I respect the Rams doing something different and actively trying to build a championship team over the past several years. Hell, Stafford alone is enough to make them a real threat, yet they still decided it was worth grabbing Von loving Miller to really make sure the Packers and Cardinals don't take them out.

The Rams still do a ton of cap bullshit with voidable years to move money around, but it's the same situation as the Saints where once you are on that treadmill you can keep just borrowing from future years to pay for the present so it really just becomes an accounting issue.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

a neat cape posted:

I still don't totally get the Von trade though. He's 33, didn't even play last year because of injury, is hurt this year, and hasn't looked great when he HAS played. Other than bottom feeder teams, anyway

He's 32 and he was medically cleared today by the Rams doctors. I think the Broncos held him out of the Washington game because they knew they had a trade lined up, all the Rams beat writers are saying the Rams have been asking the Broncos about Von since the pre-season.

What he does give them though is a different kind of pass rusher, a guy that when on the field with Donald and Leonard Floyd opens up a bunch of crazy stunts and twists. Even if he's 60% of what he was in his prime he should still be able to consistently win one on ones which gives offenses a sort of Sophies choice situation about who to double on the Rams.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/HoldenCantor/status/1455697155700797441?s=20

This is insane, Cam Akers tore his achilles in mid-July

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

What a dumb bitch

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/CharlesRobinson/status/1455925834456391684?s=20

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Magicpants posted:

diggs also got fed up with the vikings when stefanski was the oc there, didnt he? maybe stefanskis system cant utilize that style of wr1 or maybe theres just something with stefanski and the way he treats his wrs

I think that's true about Diggs and Minnesota but OBJ and Baker are just not a good QB/WR combo. Beckham is a down the sideline, outside the numbers kind of guy and Baker just takes easy shots in the middle of the field.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Jordan Love is going to break Matt Flynn's records

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

AndrewP posted:

Baker avoids the middle of the field to a fault

https://twitter.com/CDonnick3/status/1451020172668465154

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/charts/player/baker-mayfield/MAY483453/season

Look at the passing charts, like the ones with the dots. Almost everything is between the numbers and within 10 yards of the LOS, he does take a few deep shots but I assume most of that is big PA shots.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

To be fair, there was a whole thing about the first round of people getting AstraZenica in Canada not being recognized as vaccinated in other countries so now they all have to go get 2 Pfizer or Moderna shots but I someone don’t think that’s what happened to Aaron Rodgers

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Woozie66 posted:

This was his passing chart from last season, when healthy. He definitely prefers outside throws vs middle ones.

That shows passer rating not volume of passes.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Putting Odell on waivers would be the ultimate own because he’s probably getting claimed by the Jags, Lions or Dolphins.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Does Aaron Rodgers still have trade value now?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Aaron Rodgers is a boyfriend chameleon

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I wonder how many other big name players haven't been vaccinated and have just been coasting along under the radar or using fake passports?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1456240262909513728?s=20

Cooper Kupp is gonna win OPOY

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The Giants being in a worse cap situation than the Rams and only having 2 wins is the funniest thing on this chart

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams Remaining Schedule (Total Pass Yards Rank)

Vs. Titans (24)
@ 49ers (3)
Bye
@ Packers (6)
Vs. Jaguars (28)
@ Cardinals (4)
Vs. Seahawks (31)
@ Vikings (18)
@ Ravens (32)
Vs. 49ers (3)

If Stafford could pad stats against the bad defenses and the Rams somehow come out of the NFC with the 1 seed I would say he should win MVP

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffOCZYX6F8

This ad except it's Brady and the Cancer Kid and Brady throws him a pint of Avocado ice cream

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean even if he didn’t lie the protocols if properly used pretty much tells your status

Yeah apparently all the NFL reporters figured it out immediately as soon as the Packers said he was out this weekend

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

SKULL.GIF posted:

Remember how the Rams got a king's ransom for the RG3 pick but got nearly nothing out of it? The only player I can remember from that haul is... Ogletree?

I wonder if that didn't have a hand in the organization deciding picks were more valuable for acquiring players instead of drafting them.

Michael Brockers was probably the best of out of the group. He was a mainstay on the defensive line for nine years. Janoris Jenkins was good but the Rams couldn't afford to extend him. Alec Ogletree looked like a star his first couple years then got hurt and didn't really fit Wade Phillip's defense when he came back. The completely blew the Greg Robinson pick considering Jake Matthews and Taylor Lewan were both drafted in the top ten of 2014 along with him.

Stedman Bailey looked like he was going to become a good receiver/return man at one point but got caught up in a drive by shooting and got shot in the head twice. He survived somehow but couldn't play football again because any knock to the head could have killed him.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

My favorite part of a team parting ways with a player: the inevitable hit pieces!

https://twitter.com/aroundthenfl/status/1456337450259918848?s=10

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1456611556511436800?s=20

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Lmao gently caress Rodgers and gently caress the Packers

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

This is amazing because Aaron Rodgers has spent his entire career being very calculated and careful with what he says publicly and it's all just being shattered in the matter of 20 minutes.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I'm merely commenting that sports media has been literally nothing but Aaron Rodgers. Calm down, friend. Jesus Christ.

Why do you continue quoting Clay Travis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

OBJ to the Vikings would be funny as hell because he would demand out again after one practice of Kirk sailing passes over his head