Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
On the upside he leads the league in yards after contact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I refuse to believe there isn't a concierge service in Vegas of all places that will send a car with two drivers to bring your ride home with you.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

He's hosed. There are a few places in America where DUIs get pled down but that's largely a relic of entrenched good old boy culture and the former difficulty of proving impairment.

He's hosed on the evidence. DUI evidence collection has been idiot-proofed to an insane degree.They probably have a blow if they contacted him at the scene. They absolutely have his blood. Challenging a blow is difficult enough, but good loving luck with a blood draw too.

He's hosed on a goodwill plea. There's no hemming and hawing about evidence and there's a legit citizen victim with a family and a city full of have somes with zero sympathy for the rich kid with the fancy car.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Challenging a blow isn’t difficult whatsoever depending on quite a few circumstances.

For one, most precincts forget to update their software, and the intoxilizer (been 9 years since i handled a crim defense thing so forgive bad memory) has weird accuracy issues if you don’t update the software

You’re dead on about blood though.

My dude intoxoilizers are three gens behind the current hand held models that get automatically plug and play tested and recertified as accurate against a known sample nightly. The machines (excuse me, instruments) are smarter than most cops and will catch and correct procedural fuckups. There's a reason the pro move a few years ago became "refuse all tests, gently caress the consequences" and even that's been countered. Most counties over 10,000 have an on-call magistrate that will authorize a blood draw at the first sign of reindeer games.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Amy Pole Her posted:

Holy moly. How things have changed.

And yeah tbf in Florida the pro move has always been to say no to every test. Im curious if thats changed in the past few years.

Do you do crim def in NV?

One state over. The problem(?) with DUI defense is that the sheer number of them forced a technical solution to spotty evidence collection and it's designed to be simple and easy for the dumbest cop to quickly and easily collect solid samples on the scene. In many states now (not sure about Nevada) you don't even need to prove impairment, you can proceed on just the number. It's led to situations where the prosecution will ask to bar all audio and video of the scene where a defendant is lucid and sober looking as irrelevant.

This is probably veering into derail territory, but I tend to have sympathy for people's first DUI because how the gently caress do you know what your limits are? The most enlightening thing I ever did was do was volunteer for a cop training session where the goal is to get test subjects right on the line. I was shocked at how drunk I felt at .08 but there's no way I would have known what the line was.

Mr. Nice! posted:

As far a I know (I am not a lawyer anymore) it is still always better in florida to refuse to blow as first refusal results in the same license suspension that a dui would. This may also be the case for second refusal but I’d have to look things up and can’t be bothered to do so right now.

In my jurisdiction it's the same way. They'll laugh at you for accepting the automatic suspension, then speed dial the on-call magistrate who walks them through a five minute telephonic hearing to authorize a blood draw warrant. If the dude is insistent enough about a refusal it can take less time than just doing the blow.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 2, 2021

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

Supposedly the reason for this is because it'd lead to playoff teams raiding bad teams for players. Halfway through the season means that pretty much all teams outside the bottom 3-4 are still reasonably in playoff contention.

That would own, honestly. Like what if the WFT could loan out Chase Young for the playoffs for a fourth rounder or something.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Prophetic.

https://twitter.com/Valanges_9/status/1287804409703829504?s=20

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

No one wants to be in the tank when it explodes

https://twitter.com/DailyBroncos/status/1455384799682596866

Also he caught Corona.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Highbrow Slick posted:

Just now during the word series Joe Buck had to read a “brought to you by” promo for the ALL NEW CHEVY CORVETTE and my dude there could not be a worse time quite possibly in the world.

Someone at SNF better be watching the music stinger guys like a loving hawk next week.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

It's also not as newsworthy when the bad actor dies so it doesn't make the papers.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Wonder if they kept this on the skinny while pursuing a replacement.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Saquon got Corona too but he's not an unvaccinated moron.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I'm not so jaded that I hope for the death of A.Ron Rodgers, but I do hope that Love comes out and takes his job away.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

ODB to the Jags, but he and Urban Meyer have to live together in a studio apartment.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Now everyone can get the Rodgers oxygenation rate

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

At least one of them is willing to throw something catchable.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Or everyone just treated COVID procedures as security theater and no one gives a poo poo.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

It owns because he genuinely appears to want to be a celebrity and it probably burns his grits that a significant portion of the population will write him off as a dumbass.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

All this time and people still don’t actually know what HIPAA actually does. The NFL and Green Bay Packers aren’t covered entities even if this was a leak, which it isn’t.

"Look, even though we employ the guy shooting you full of Toradol, we're not a covered HIPAA entity because reasons."

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Eifert Posting posted:

People aren't actually expecting the unknown backup QB who stunted it on the Bengals to actually be a thing, are they? That's not how that works.

Traditionally these things are done against the Colts.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Did anyone say QAaron yet?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

He is the prince who was promised

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

I wonder how this will affect his Rodgers rate.

"Tell me about the rabbit research," he says as Jake from State Farm tearfully loads the shotgun.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I'm happy to report that Aaron will be sent to a State Farm in the country, where he can run and play all day.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Qaaron does not have the poster's spirit and cspam is closed to him.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Kalli posted:

What is more the poster's spirit then that interview today?

Speaking with people in a simulated face to face environment.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Hot Diggity! posted:

Nah Aaron is a dumbass but he's not a racist. He's just a dipshit techbro libertarian loser who thinks he's smarter than everyone. Him disassociating himself from the church he was brought up in is the primary reason why he broke contact with his family. I only know this because my immediate family did the same thing with our extended family, leading to a shitload of drama!!

Seems like a classic blindspot. Why would I need to have any sort of responsibility about a disease that's unlikely to harm me or anyone in my extremely privileged orbit(or the Help, but who counts them)?

It's funny because QAaron specifically is lighting his lucrative brand on fire.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

I looked it up and this thread had better jokes.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Tua won't fully arrive until he has his security detail beat his dad's rear end raw.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

DeflateGate 2: Lungs

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The Immunization of Aaron Rodgers by the Coward Aaron Rodgers.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

All teams should add a "do you plan on getting drunk and murdering someone" question imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Let's all pretend that renting a car, buying all the insurance, and going hog wild isn't funny as gently caress.