Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo. Felony DUI is not what I expected to see today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Professor Funk posted:

His lawyer is going to tell him to cooperate and plead out as early as possible to get a lower level charge. He is not going to get convicted of the Class B.

Immediate advice he's gotten be given, based on my way limited knowledge, but he's still seeing prison time if he pleas NC.

And yes to someone who asked - the NFL still has the car service available, and you get charged as an organization. The organization can either charge the players or eat the cost. Nearly NONE of the players use it, but I've met one of the drivers one evening and they're all security detail as well. So they have UBER drivers who carry guns but are retired military/police etc.

Even if the org makes you pay for it yourself, you're worth tens of millions. $500 for a pickup every friday is what, 25k? Cmon man.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Niwrad posted:

Was this ever proven? He very well could have been jaywalking but wasn't it just Stallworth's drunken word on that? He also claimed to have flashed his lights at the guy to warn him which seems odd.

Yes, Stallworths case pretty clearly showed the old dude Jay walked and ran into the road hopping a barrier. That’s textbook.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

He's hosed. There are a few places in America where DUIs get pled down but that's largely a relic of entrenched good old boy culture and the former difficulty of proving impairment.

He's hosed on the evidence. DUI evidence collection has been idiot-proofed to an insane degree.They probably have a blow if they contacted him at the scene. They absolutely have his blood. Challenging a blow is difficult enough, but good loving luck with a blood draw too.

He's hosed on a goodwill plea. There's no hemming and hawing about evidence and there's a legit citizen victim with a family and a city full of have somes with zero sympathy for the rich kid with the fancy car.

Challenging a blow isn’t difficult whatsoever depending on quite a few circumstances.

For one, most precincts forget to update their software, and the intoxilizer (been 9 years since i handled a crim defense thing so forgive bad memory) has weird accuracy issues if you don’t update the software

You’re dead on about blood though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Stephen Ross has already asked permission to talk to Ruggs, being quoted as saying “well I’m already on my way to Houston so why not just fly a bit further”

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Are you sure of this? How does this work? They have this setup in every city with an NFL team? They have this setup in cities that players are likely to visit on their off days or during bye weeks? Who is going to run a car service in god knows how many cities across America and have it hardly get used.

They sub contract out. Every one of these nice car services, even with the protection aspect, exists for people other than players.

As for the accuracy… this was 2 years ago and the driver was driving for someone that y’all loving *hate* but was a higher $ player, going to a charity golf event held by my buddy’s grandpa. Player and driver both said it’s available via NFLPA so not sure if that means you’ve gotta be active roster to get it or?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Mr Nice is a walking florida crim law textbook so him weighing in would be good too

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

My dude intoxoilizers are three gens behind the current hand held models that get automatically plug and play tested and recertified as accurate against a known sample nightly. The machines (excuse me, instruments) are smarter than most cops and will catch and correct procedural fuckups. There's a reason the pro move a few years ago became "refuse all tests, gently caress the consequences" and even that's been countered. Most counties over 10,000 have an on-call magistrate that will authorize a blood draw at the first sign of reindeer games.

Holy moly. How things have changed.

And yeah tbf in Florida the pro move has always been to say no to every test. Im curious if thats changed in the past few years.

Do you do crim def in NV?

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Nov 2, 2021

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Mr. Nice! posted:

As far a I know (I am not a lawyer anymore) it is still always better in florida to refuse to blow as first refusal results in the same license suspension that a dui would. This may also be the case for second refusal but I’d have to look things up and can’t be bothered to do so right now.

I forgot you made a move. Financial sector ?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy crap that’s fascinating they’ve produced these new checks/measures using tech to wipe off the common defenses

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Or maybe let’s just wait for actual information from professionals rather than force out complete guesses for the sake of …?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Chase has it in the bag

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

I mean someone in this thread literally said that Aaron Rodgers is a bigger piece of poo poo than Big Ben the rapist so hes not wrong

Broken clock etc and all and the MLK comparison was beyond cringe but let’s dial it back a bit. Rapist is still worse

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

We can never really know what these people think and feel, but

Oooo so close. Should’ve stopped here!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
After countless hours of study and zero personal time spent, I’m nearly positive Mac Jones strangles cats

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Doesn't sound right. Did you consult with your dad's golf caddy or whatever on this one?

Can’t imagine ol Mac will be making the trip down the Jupiter anytime soon. The Patriots second home - Orchids of Asia - closed.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Also lol to my dad ever golfing

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Probably never leaves the yacht these days.

A yacht in Colorado?! That’s as ridiculous as Mac Jones ever being invited to join in on the Patriots abuse of sex trafficked women!

Simply nonsensical.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He can always sell insurance. He’d probably have a hell of a brokerage

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Pops Mgee posted:

Don’t throw out or burn jerseys. Give them to goodwill or something.

But.. how does that help me and my Internet points?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

Chuds have never had issue with hypocrisy

Chuds? If you're not being hypocritical you're likely viewed as a weirdo in America in general. It's a national identity at this point.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Grittybeard posted:

Mayock's side is it was totally just 'a football decision' maybe having to do with Gruden trying to make him a running back for some godawful reason. So you trade your new pick for less than you just used to take him in the middle of the covid season where you don't really get to work with him like you normally would, obviously.

Coincidentally the DEA raided his grandmother's house he was staying at (made no arrests and filed no charges although they seized some registered firearms). Bowden says he made a call to his special teams coach who was in a meeting with the other coaches that didn't realize he was on the line:

I don't know, it sounds like the Raiders got scared of his history which is currently funny/sad considering other Raiders stuff and cut bait. Here's a very long article on Bowden that i haven't completely read https://www.golongtd.com/p/lynn-bowden-jr-is-free-look-out-nfl

Anyway in less annoying Lynn Bowden stuff let's all watch this stupid play from high school again.

https://twitter.com/rodger/status/1253875339710697472?lang=en

Man. And I liked him his first year in Miami, too, but he's just getting zero snaps. I actually don't even think he's been active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Asproigerosis posted:

You have a point, though right wingers really go all out with it.

The last 1-2 years have really shown me that there's just no depth people won't sink to in order to defend the Trump line, so I cant argue that either