Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Why would you want younger kirk cousins?

Because he’s much better than what we currently have?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Our QB is Trevor Siemian.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Hell, I’m in.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

AndrewP posted:

flags fly forever and all but rebuilding years loving suck. I am more than happy with Baltimore being a Playoff Caliber Team every year and hoping for a great playoff run rather than pushing all their chips in at the expense of any future seasons

Teams are always in the midst of rebuilding though. The ones that bottom out and go down the studs do so because the coaching staff sucks and gets canned and the new coach wants to start over. I think Baltimore is consistently good because Harbaugh is a good coach, not because of their conservative roster management philosophy.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

lol you've lit the kawalimus signal

No doubt, but having the balls to draft Lamar and go all in on him is singularly impressive. Good coaches find ways to win and Harbaugh has been able to do that consistently.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

It's more that we've had a decent front office. Harbaugh is a do-nothing coach which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. He got lucky to inherit the team after one abysmal season from Brian Billick and got many of the pieces still there from a 13-3 team plus Joe Flacco and Ray Rice. He contributes nothing to gameplans and playcalling. He's literally just there. He wouldn't fire Cam Cameron for years because they were old friends despite his running an offense that didn't fit the talent at all from 09-12. Until we blew a lead to Washington and Bisciotti threw a fit due to Baltimore's inferiority complex toward DC. And then we fired him. And suddenly the offense looked great and we won the SB.

But yeah we've been on top because of our drafting and also because we've had a pretty smart approach to free agency. We don't jump at the biggest hot name we like to go for proven vets that other teams think are done that we can get at a discount.

It’s basically impossible to separate front office success from coaching success. Plenty of talented players never succeed because they are stuck with lovely coaches. Plenty of players that look really great due to coaching despite being less talented. Guys like Harbaugh and Tomlin put out a consistently good product despite a lot of turnover because they are good coaches. Not perfect, but way way better than almost all of the other options.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Hot Diggity! posted:

This probably barely moved his trade value.

This.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Its Rinaldo posted:

Krakauer made that story seem sorta romantic when it was some dumb rich kid mooching off people before walking into the Alaska wilderness to poop himself to death trying to avoid starving.

I have nothing but contempt for it.

It does a pretty good job of putting you in the mindset of a dumb well off kid who romanticized hard work and struggle but had never had to endure either, and who also vastly overestimated his own abilities because he had the right background and education. It’s basically a parable for why America is so loving stupid.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jameis and Russ on the same tier. Data checks out.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

What the gently caress did he think would happen if he caught Covid and had to follow the unvaccinated protocols which involve very public things like missing games and practices?

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Mystic Stylez posted:

I bet he actually didn't think anything because he was 100% sure eating clay would make him Covid invincible so it would never have a followup

This is probably the correct answer.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

I was gonna say, as stupid as this is, if someone from the NFL or Green Bay leaked his status it's a HIPAA violation.

All this time and people still don’t actually know what HIPAA actually does. The NFL and Green Bay Packers aren’t covered entities even if this was a leak, which it isn’t.

YOLOsubmarine fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 5, 2021

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

"Look, even though we employ the guy shooting you full of Toradol, we're not a covered HIPAA entity because reasons."

Well, the reason is that the law isn’t written to apply to employers, even if maybe it should be.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

wilderthanmild posted:

However, the NFL seems to publicly announce when players get covid, so I'm not sure if something about the nature of being a professional athlete somehow makes those confidentiality rules not apply here.

NFL players sign employment contracts that give their employers broad access to their health information and allow them to do basically whatever they want with it. There would be no way to run the IR list without that.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Especially post several injuries. He's got natural talent and height but I don't think he's in the same caliber of player as his salary indicates.

He’s only 5’11”.

He’s fast, or at least he was, and was at one point a very good route runner. I haven’t watched him much lately so I don’t know if that’s still true. But it’s possible that he just does not work well at all with Baker and in Stefanski’s system and he will have a reasonable return to form in a new home.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Freaquency posted:

loving Kamala made one comment about the “Trump vaccine” and magically there’s a narrative about the left flip-flopping on whether the vax is good or not

I hate this loving timeline

It was an extremely stupid comment to make, to be fair. She’s an atrocious politician.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Thank god Aaron is around to stand up to the STOOGES (doctors, medical researchers, epidemiologists) carrying water for BIG VIRUS.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Naw.

Rodgers is coming at this from the angle of a California hippie dippie who believes in the healing powers of crystals and alternative medicine.

I doubt he has a basement full of assault rifles and is itching for "the revolution."

Yup. People like to throw the word chud around to describe everyone who comes down on the wrong side in any culture war issue but anti-vax sentiment has plenty of adherents across the political spectrum.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

He's from Chico, a basement full of assault rifles and itching for the revolution are well within the range of outcomes. His granola ladyfriend influenced everything else.

California has conservative rural people, just like everywhere else.

Edit: this took place like 60 miles from his hometown

I don’t think his earth mother girlfriend would have married a dude who is hoarding guns and preparing for rahowa.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

hobbesmaster posted:

“Horse shoe theory” isn’t complete bullshit when it comes to landing on “society is collapsing therefore hoard guns”.

It’s not, but she’s not really that kind of weirdo. She’s a Bernie supporter and got arrested protesting DAPL. She’s pretty squarely a left liberal on the American politics spectrum.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Jeopardy producers watching this happen and breathing a sigh of relief that they didn’t give this absolute dumbfuck a job.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

https://twitter.com/BleacherReport/status/1457344647915786243

OBJ has made an entire career off one catch that 80 other people have done by now lol

Oh and having a teenage meltdown against Josh Norman

He was really good his entire time in NY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Kawalimus posted:

I couldnt believe when I saw Herbert was 6'6. I always figured he was like 5'10

There’s a reason he got Heisman hype like 3 years running before a Oregon inevitably flamed out.