Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Raenir Salazar posted:

I don't think most of that is right; he only was killed in the original timeline after enacting his plan with the stones which literally did eliminate half of all life. And he did the snap immediately after being wounded by Thor happened way after his talk with Dr. Strange. His encounters with the various Avengers/Guardians of the Galaxy/etc didn't change his mind in regards to his plan (but perhaps strengthened his conviction that only he is right). His new plan in the new timeline after seeing the Avengers undo his work is to hard reset everything.

His plan was always eliminate half of all life, I'm not sure where you get the idea that he changed it during Infinity War. The idea of using the stones long term was never realistically going to be Thanos's plan because the radiation they emit will kill their user; its why in the MCU anyways Thanos has the Dwarves make the Gauntlet, to act as a safer way to use the stones long enough to do the Snap and then destroy them when done.

If Thanos had the endurance to use the stones in perpetuity then he'd have had no reason to do the Snap as it is, he could just use the completed Gauntlet to force Thor away and then transport himself away to undo the damage with the Time stone but he couldn't because the moment he placed the Power stone in the gauntlet his life had a time limit because it was slowly killing him the whole movie.

Hey, thanks, I've never watched any of these movies and now I don't have to!

socialsecurity posted:

Yeah none of this is right.

oh....nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU