Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Len posted:

The ones in the Switch 2 will work however you want them to because they aren't real
the actual truth is that every single switch pro/switch 2 rumor/leak has been true because nintendo has been making dozens upon dozens of prototypes

secret switches of the nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

Sally posted:

learn to love the used market. i have scored many deals on local buy sell and trades and pawn shops

Wow. So much :effort:
But I respect it :bananacoin:

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

eightysixed posted:

With that being said, where are all these vouchers everyone is talking about and how do I redeem them?

I bought the Switch literally on launch day, have enough games for 10x The Brady Bunch, what am I missing, or where am I not looking? :dogbutton:

Nintendo Online members can buy a pair of vouchers at $100 to be redeemed on any eligible title. You can check the list but this includes pretty much every first party Nintendo game. So if you’re like me and you want to get both Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion, you can redeem the vouchers for each, cutting the total cost of both.

The fine print on this is that your subscription must be active at the time of redemption. Which is to say, if you preorder something with a voucher, your membership must still be active at the time they actually “charge” you for the game.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Ulio posted:

As a new switch owner, when the f do these nintendo games go on sale? Digital versions specifically. It sucks they don't have anything to build your library quickly like PS+ starter package or gamepass.

They do, it’s all of their first-party games, give Nintendo all of your money

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
It is kind of weird that seven years in and there's no reduced pricing equivalent to the Greatest Hits/Selects line. Maybe they'll finally do it when the Switch II hits.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

ExcessBLarg! posted:

It is kind of weird that seven years in and there's no reduced pricing equivalent to the Greatest Hits/Selects line. Maybe they'll finally do it when the Switch II hits.

you wish buddy

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

man nurse posted:

Nintendo Online members can buy a pair of vouchers at $100 to be redeemed on any eligible title. You can check the list but this includes pretty much every first party Nintendo game. So if you’re like me and you want to get both Paper Mario and Luigi’s Mansion, you can redeem the vouchers for each, cutting the total cost of both.

The fine print on this is that your subscription must be active at the time of redemption. Which is to say, if you preorder something with a voucher, your membership must still be active at the time they actually “charge” you for the game.

Editors note: a Nintendo online sub is $20 so unless you're able to get Nintendo gift cards at a discount and/or join a family plan the actual savings is $0

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Their accounting department is betting that people will buy their games at full price because their platform is unique and their first party titles are better than most third party games (and they’re probably right)

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Switch 2 isn't real

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
its called the switcheroo

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the switch 2 is going to be called the swatch and its going to be a watch

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Steve Yun posted:

Their accounting department is betting that people will buy their games at full price because their platform is unique and their first party titles are better than most third party games (and they’re probably right)

Mario Kart 8 was the best selling game in the UK last week and topped the Japanese charts recently too.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Regular Wario posted:

the switch 2 is going to be called the swatch and its going to be a watch

Still more capability than the PlayStation Portal

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

man nurse posted:

Ah, got it. Thanks, I always see people talking about vouchers and never knew what we were talking about over the years.

Len posted:

Editors note: a Nintendo online sub is $20 so unless you're able to get Nintendo gift cards at a discount and/or join a family plan the actual savings is $0
Well this is an Einsteinian observation. No vouchers for me, I suppose, I'll just keep chugging along with my NSO any buying whatever v:shobon:v

e: Well wait, not if you bought two vouchers, right? Or are you not allowed to do that?

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Apr 28, 2024

ShallowKnave
Sep 9, 2011
Fun Shoe
Costco gift cards cost $90 for $100 of Nintendobucks, and occasionally got on sale for $80. I've bought many a first-party title on release for what works out to be $40 each.

You're not limited on the amount of times you can buy a set of vouchers, so you will start saving money on that second set of vouchers, even at full-price.

ShallowKnave fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Apr 28, 2024

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ExcessBLarg! posted:

as part of the official announcement of the Nintendo Switch 2, we will be instructed to ritualistically cast all our previous Nintendo products into the sea, to cleanse ourselves of our gaming fetters and binds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

wizard2 posted:

as part of the official announcement of the Nintendo Switch 2, we will be instructed to ritualistically cast all our previous Nintendo products into the sea, to cleanse ourselves of our gaming fetters and binds

How about we get a switch pro and I chuck my retron A/V in the river?