Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
They announced a sequel to Tails of Iron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX-N6uWAwAo
I'm playing through the first one and its a pleasant* little game. You play as a rat who just got the crown to the kingdom only to have the evil vile frogs come and gently caress everything up.

So you quest around doing pitched 2D battle against the frogs using sword and shield. Enemy attacks show a symbol telling you if you need to block, dodge or parry, so you have to be able to react. The combat can get hairy and a lot of the time you're trying to find a moment to heal while staying clear. Sometimes you do sick finishing moves like sticking your sword into a frogs filthy throat.

I'm not too far but it seems to have a fair bit of armor and weapons to collect.

It's a good game, though I'll typically play for about a half hour, get owned by some frogs, and think "eh that's enough for today". Usually when I feel that way about a game I kind of drift away from it and stop playing, but I keep coming back to this one

*edit: upon reflection, "pleasant" probably isn't the right word. It's a nasty game with vicious deaths and it fees gritty and dirty. "Pleasant" was more in reference to how I felt playing it not a descriptor of the game contents

WHY BONER NOW fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

They announced a sequel to Tails of Iron
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tX-N6uWAwAo
I'm playing through the first one and its a pleasant* little game. You play as a rat who just got the crown to the kingdom only to have the evil vile frogs come and gently caress everything up.

So you quest around doing pitched 2D battle against the frogs using sword and shield. Enemy attacks show a symbol telling you if you need to block, dodge or parry, so you have to be able to react. The combat can get hairy and a lot of the time you're trying to find a moment to heal while staying clear. Sometimes you do sick finishing moves like sticking your sword into a frogs filthy throat.

I'm not too far but it seems to have a fair bit of armor and weapons to collect.

It's a good game, though I'll typically play for about a half hour, get owned by some frogs, and think "eh that's enough for today". Usually when I feel that way about a game I kind of drift away from it and stop playing, but I keep coming back to this one

*edit: upon reflection, "pleasant" probably isn't the right word. It's a nasty game with vicious deaths and it fees gritty and dirty. "Pleasant" was more in reference to how I felt playing it not a descriptor of the game contents

You can just admit you like killing the dastardly French, it's okay, we all get the metaphor.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOv3gxmwbA

:getin:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Finished Peach Showtime, some sections were better than others (I particularly liked the Swordfighter, Superhero, Ninja, and Kung Fu levels along with the final battle) but I had fun with it overall.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Larryb posted:

Finished Peach Showtime, some sections were better than others (I particularly liked the Swordfighter, Superhero, Ninja, and Kung Fu levels along with the final battle) but I had fun with it overall.

knowing Nintendo it's probably guilty of wasting its concept more than anything

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Meowywitch posted:

Why do you say that?

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Meowywitch posted:

:goofy:

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Random question does anybody know if megaman Battle Network legacy collection has a built-in map feature for all six games? I'm not finding anything on the product bullet points / features pages but maybe I'm just blind

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Nope, no map features for any of them.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

ImpAtom posted:

You can just admit you like killing the dastardly French, it's okay, we all get the metaphor.

:getin:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

MassRafTer posted:

Why do you say that?

short

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Took the day off work because the kids sick and I spent the whole rear end day with her sleeping on me and playing Balatro. This fuckin' game

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1772790832090796358

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

One step closer to acknowledging GX

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the one F-Zero I didn't like. Would really love a remaster of F-Zero GX.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Nintendo, Drill Dozer please

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

I said come in! posted:

This is the one F-Zero I didn't like. Would really love a remaster of F-Zero GX.

Agreed. Also include the tracks from the AX arcade game.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Sorry to interrupt F-Zero chat, but has there been any rumblings about Tomb Raider being released physically recently? Last time I checked in on it, it was just speculation, as I expect it would still be now.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

doomrider7 posted:

Agreed. Also include the tracks from the AX arcade game.

GX already does that; You just have to beat all the GP cups. On Master :shepface:.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

otter posted:

Sorry to interrupt F-Zero chat, but has there been any rumblings about Tomb Raider being released physically recently? Last time I checked in on it, it was just speculation, as I expect it would still be now.

Lots of nerds release physically to Tomb Raider.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Neddy Seagoon posted:

GX already does that; You just have to beat all the GP cups. On Master :shepface:.

Well drat. Yeah that's, uh...not happening any time soon.

otter posted:

I'm still waiting for mews on the Gex trilogy and Tomba on the Switch.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

doomrider7 posted:

Well drat. Yeah that's, uh...not happening any time soon.

I'm still waiting for mews on the Gex trilogy and Tomba on the Switch.

Neither are cats, mews are unlikely.

Fun Times! posted:

Lots of nerds release physically to Tomb Raider.

Eww. You'd think the internet would have fixed that, what with the angular boobs and all but it might have made it worse.

"Old" graphics reminded me me of when my kid (who turned 9 today) saw me playing a dreamcast and said, "Wow, that controller looks really old, like something you had in the 80s!" Little bastard. I had to tell him it wasn't from the 80s, but it was MUCH newer, from 1999. (which is now 25 damned years ago) I think he was like 5 at the time.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

otter posted:

"Old" graphics reminded me me of when my kid (who turned 9 today) saw me playing a dreamcast and said, "Wow, that controller looks really old, like something you had in the 80s!" Little bastard. I had to tell him it wasn't from the 80s, but it was MUCH newer, from 1999. (which is now 25 damned years ago) I think he was like 5 at the time.

School that brat at Soul Calibur!! :corsair:

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Non Compos Mentis posted:

Please Nintendo!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I have no doubt that Nintendo monitors and tracks NSO gameplay time, so y'all who want GX, get playing this (and 99)!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

99 is pretty fun once you get past the tutorial

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

We're going to be seeing a repeat of that 20 year old F-Zero rant from here aren't we?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

I 100% agree alongside endorsing Pepper Grinder as pretty fun, too.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF IT’S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

DoctorWhat posted:

YOUR COCKSUCKING PRODUCT HAS REDUCED ME TO A GIBBERING MAN-APE WHOSE ONLY RESORT TO DEALING WITH THE ALMIGHTY loving GRIEF IT’S BESTOWED UPON ME IS TO SCREAM AND HURT MYSELF.

Mr. President!

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

gently caress Fzero Handheld Pinball Edition, where is my Zero Mission

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wheres Final Fantasy Tactics Advance?!

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DoctorWhat posted:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, I love my iPhone too

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA
F Zero GX was the game that officially broke me of my completionist tendencies, I just could not do it, it was physically impossible for me to 100% it.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I don't know if I 100%ed it but I really enjoyed going hard to try.

Neon White does a good job at scratching the perfectionism itch but with much shorter sessions.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Neon White would be the greatest game ever made if it wasn't written by people who think "well THAT just happened" is comedic genius

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

symbolic posted:

Neon White would be the greatest game ever made if it wasn't written by people who think "well THAT just happened" is comedic genius

All parts of Neon White were made to be speedrun and that includes dialogue.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Hammer Bro. posted:

Neon White does a good job at scratching the perfectionism itch but with much shorter sessions.

I still haven't tried it, but my little guy played through it last summer a few times. I thought it looked really cool but he couldn't keep his excitement to himself and spoiled the whole story. "Hey dad, guess what just happened!" and then would tell me everything. At least he was excited about something so I'm not mad at him about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Oh hey, the F-Zero no one cares about.

Maybe they'll do GP Legend eventually, which is easy as hell but otherwise is basically the 2D continuation of the SNES game.