Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

Mister Facetious posted:

Mario Kart Tour dlc tracks aside, I think it's a contender for the best looking game Nintendo's ever made.

glad im not the only one that thinks so. i really dislike the world cities' tracks, i find their style really jarring with the rest of the game's feel. the other mario themed ones are fine, rosalina's ice world is particularly good looking i thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Are we in some kind of record since a proper Direct? It’s been so long.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Popoto posted:

glad im not the only one that thinks so. i really dislike the world cities' tracks, i find their style really jarring with the rest of the game's feel. the other mario themed ones are fine, rosalina's ice world is particularly good looking i thought.

they're mostly ugly but they race great. MK8's soundtrack is the star for me. that sax/guitar battle in Big Blue fuckin rips. and the drummer!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gCSKx4Xb_A

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Popoto posted:

My biggest problem with the Tour tracks are that all the city ones have overlapping lines/route changes with every lap, and the signposting is trash, so it's easy to go the wrong way if you don't have them memorized.

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Mister Facetious posted:

My biggest problem with the Tour tracks are that all the city ones have overlapping lines/route changes with every lap, and the signposting is trash, so it's easy to go the wrong way if you don't have them memorized.

Yeah, I bought it a few weeks ago without the expansion pass and still struggle with cities because they are so confusing without a trial mode.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Are we in some kind of record since a proper Direct? It’s been so long.

During covid there were a few that were as long a wait. But yeah, it's been 7 months. I didn't check back before 2019, but this is the longest, non-covid wait.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTjjKC9gHPM

Indie world tomorrow.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Silksong shadow drop

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jimmy eat world tonight

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

hatty posted:

Silksong shadow drop

Now where did I put that clown wig

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Silksong is too big and vaporware to be in Indie World.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
indies nuts

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:

Trenchdeep posted:

Anybody have any recommendations for dungeon crawlers?

Looking for something more focused on combat and exploration over story, though having something there is a plus.

Potato Flowers in Full Bloom is an excellent chill dungeon crawler. Make a crew of four little guys, inch your way through a giant dungeon to maybe find some potato seeds at the bottom. Light management is a huge part of exploration, combat is tactical but not super complex, all the little dudes are cute and if you open your menu you get a diorama of your party just hanging out. Solid recommend.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Palmtree Panic posted:

Silksong is too big and vaporware to be in Indie World.

It's gonna be shoved into to the "here's some more games" montage at the end.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Wonder what the collectors edition of silksong will have

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Wonder what the collectors edition of silksong will have

Zero suit Hornet

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Trenchdeep posted:

Anybody have any recommendations for dungeon crawlers?

Looking for something more focused on combat and exploration over story, though having something there is a plus.

Labyrinth of Galleria is really good.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

During covid there were a few that were as long a wait. But yeah, it's been 7 months. I didn't check back before 2019, but this is the longest, non-covid wait.

Must be all hands on deck polishing that Pikmin DLC.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

i'm finally gonna go ahead and say it: I Tire Of Indies

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Meowywitch posted:

i'm finally gonna go ahead and say it: I Tire Of Indies

more for me then

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Imagine being tired of video games. couldn't be me

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Indies Own Actually

Many of my favorite Switch games are indies.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

These indies have had it good for too long. It’s time we knocked them down a Peggle or 2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am genuinely confused what 'tired of indies' even means. Like... there are ten billion different indie games that cover everything from driving sims to RPGs to puzzle games to platformers. It's like saying "I'm tired of books." Unless you're tired of the very concept of video games (or I guess video games that are not AAA-super budget graphicfucker9000 games) indies are just... video games.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Maybe they're just tired of rougelikes, farming sims and metroidvanias

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Don't forget deck builders. and maybe Wario clones will finally take off and add a fifth genre

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Sakurazuka posted:

Maybe they're just tired of rougelikes, farming sims and metroidvanias

It's a shame those are the only indie games.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Sometimes you platform across a flat landscape and your character is implied to have depression

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
I wish Metroid Prime 4 was an indie title at this point.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SkeletonHero posted:

Potato Flowers in Full Bloom is an excellent chill dungeon crawler. Make a crew of four little guys, inch your way through a giant dungeon to maybe find some potato seeds at the bottom. Light management is a huge part of exploration, combat is tactical but not super complex, all the little dudes are cute and if you open your menu you get a diorama of your party just hanging out. Solid recommend.

It's not a genre I truly like but the long-form review someone posted really made this game look super cool.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Sometimes you platform across a flat landscape and your character is implied to have depression

Celeste is good though.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I hope Metroid Prime 4 is a farming sim

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TheMightyBoops posted:

Labyrinth of Galleria is really good.

A note on this, if you already played labyrinth of refrain then the dungeons are almost exactly the same as that game with a new story molded around it, at least up to where I played. I was kind of annoyed it was almost the exact same game and gave up on it

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

hatty posted:

Don't forget deck builders. and maybe Wario clones will finally take off and add a fifth genre

that’s still way more variety than AAA games

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Good Citizen posted:

A note on this, if you already played labyrinth of refrain then the dungeons are almost exactly the same as that game with a new story molded around it, at least up to where I played. I was kind of annoyed it was almost the exact same game and gave up on it

Maybe I missed it but I played both and they didn’t seem the same to me? The first stratum is really similar looking.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

mycot posted:

Celeste is good though.

That's not a flat landscape.

Oh I got another one. Sometimes you are a dog who likes to color, and everybody has depression and imposter syndrome

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I hope they announce some live service open world co op games with randomized loot and crafting mechanics tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

TheMightyBoops posted:

Maybe I missed it but I played both and they didn’t seem the same to me? The first stratum is really similar looking.

Maybe I'm overstating it because it's been a while but I remember feeling like I knew exactly where hidden walls and such were in the sequel. Also maybe it diverges more later on and I just didn't get far enough.

I enjoyed refrain though and anyone looking for a first person dungeon crawler should consider getting one of the two games at least.