Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
The Switch is swell!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They only made and released it one year and it was only one or two runs of production. There definitely wouldn't be any at retail anymore except for used ones.

Unfortunately this seems to be the case with a lot of the really good ones. Like the TurboGrafx 16 mini is a really amazing package with great software and emulation but also impossible to find.

It's easy enough to find assuming you're willing to pay a 500% markup.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I played through first three areas of peach showtime. In each stage there are 10 gems to collect and one npc to help, which awards you a bow icon.

So far I have all the bows. I have all the gems in stage 1, but need to go back and get gems in stage 2 (do better decorating the cakes) and stage 3 (take correct path in autoscrolling section)

You use coins to buy new dresses, but so far the choices are kinda boring

I dont love peach's new voice, it's definitely lower than it was before and doesn't suit her as well. I might just need to get used to it

This game is very fun and charming and I hope it turns into a series. I wonder if Grape is going to show up in future golf or kart games now

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I played through first three areas of peach showtime. In each stage there are 10 gems to collect and one npc to help, which awards you a bow icon.

So far I have all the bows. I have all the gems in stage 1, but need to go back and get gems in stage 2 (do better decorating the cakes) and stage 3 (take correct path in autoscrolling section)

You use coins to buy new dresses, but so far the choices are kinda boring

I dont love peach's new voice, it's definitely lower than it was before and doesn't suit her as well. I might just need to get used to it

This game is very fun and charming and I hope it turns into a series. I wonder if Grape is going to show up in future golf or kart games now

It’s still the same VA she’s had since 2007 (Samantha Kelly) last I checked, maybe she had some different voice direction this time or something.

Only the characters Martinet voiced got replaced to my knowledge

Larryb fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 25, 2024

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Yeah I guess either she was directed to change it up or she had a cold that day, the voice is definitely lower now

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hope Luigi Mansion 2 is still coming out

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Why wouldn't it?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

a.lo posted:

I hope Luigi Mansion 2 is still coming out

You can preorder it from stores, so probably!

Did they say they were adding anything to either that or Paper Mario TTYD? Like any new content? Presumably they rebuilt LM2 in the LM3 engine but TTYD is basically just a port.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You can preorder it from stores, so probably!

Did they say they were adding anything to either that or Paper Mario TTYD? Like any new content? Presumably they rebuilt LM2 in the LM3 engine but TTYD is basically just a port.

TTYD isn't a port, they're redoing it from scratch. If you compare the two side by side it's super clear. Like all the characters now have actual animations and expressions and stuff they didn't have in the original.

They haven't mentioned new gameplay stuff yet though

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Are they redubbing Luigi with his new actor in the LM2 remake or keeping the existing Martinet clips?

Apparently the TTYD remake will have voice clips though (curious if they’re going to rewrite the Vivian section a bit as well)

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

ImpAtom posted:

TTYD isn't a port, they're redoing it from scratch. If you compare the two side by side it's super clear. Like all the characters now have actual animations and expressions and stuff they didn't have in the original.

They haven't mentioned new gameplay stuff yet though

Interesting. You’re right that even the pattern on the door is different. I just hope they add more gameplay to it, it’s already a fairly short and not particularly challenging game. SMRPG got the super bosses post-endgame which was a great addition.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Larryb posted:

Are they redubbing Luigi with his new actor in the LM2 remake or keeping the existing Martinet clips?

Apparently the TTYD remake will have voice clips though (curious if they’re going to rewrite the Vivian section a bit as well)

They kept the original Martinet voice acting from Mario vs DK, a GBA game. (Though they had the masters so it isn't GBA quality audio)

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Larryb posted:

If there is even an allusion to Viv being trans in the remake I'll take a week's probation. Hold me to this

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

If there is even an allusion to Viv being trans in the remake I'll take a week's probation. Hold me to this

She's trans on literally every version but English in the original so enjoy your week of rest.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

OK I meant in the English version but if any mods are reading this you can still probe me for a week if you want. I stand by my posts.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

She's trans on literally every version but English in the original so enjoy your week of rest.

I think they just meant doing anything but reusing the old English script.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

fairly short and not particularly challenging

Nintendo.txt as of late it seems

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

mycot posted:

I think they just meant doing anything but reusing the old English script.

We already know they're not doing that 1-for-1, because there are notable dialogue changes even in just the released videos.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ImpAtom posted:

We already know they're not doing that 1-for-1, because there are notable dialogue changes even in just the released videos.
Oh okay so we're totally going to get Paper Mario is Woke in a couple months.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think they'll probably stick closer to the original English translation than the other ones. If they do use the fact that she's trans they should perform some significant rewrites because the sisters being cruel to her about it is not pleasant or particularly empowering just because you get to beat them up later. So I'd love if they more explicitly keep that she is trans but find a way to drop the shittiness.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Alan_Shore posted:

Nintendo.txt as of late it seems

That’s really the only criticism I have of the game. In Super Paper Mario they had a couple of “difficult” challenges post-endgame so maybe they’ll do something similar here.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Prince of Persia just went on sale. We are eating

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Nice, been waiting for this to happen.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Quantum of Phallus posted:

No… it can go lower…

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Time is money. Life is finite.

Legit don’t understand the mentality I see sometimes of “If only this was a few dollars lower in price. Guess I’ll wait another year on it” like drat if you want to play something just buy the game.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I think I might want to play the game but I have enough games that I have bought and haven't played that I also want to play so why not wait 'til it's stupid cheap such that if I only play for one sitting no big loss?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Hammer Bro. posted:

I think I might want to play the game but I have enough games that I have bought and haven't played that I also want to play so why not wait 'til it's stupid cheap such that if I only play for one sitting no big loss?

Yeah I mean that’s fair. I think I’m more referring to like, stuff that you want to play imminently. I see people waffling on stuff all the time and i just think to myself “is waiting however many more months it may or may not take to shave off an extra few dollars really worth it?” Gaming isn’t necessarily a cheap hobby, and while I appreciate a good deal as much as the next person, I certainly wouldn’t put something I wanted on hold forever because the latest sale on it didn’t match the numbers I thought it should be in my head.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Buy the game

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Prince of persia is worth the money

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I didn’t really like the demo that much tbh

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

man nurse posted:

Time is money. Life is finite.

Legit don’t understand the mentality I see sometimes of “If only this was a few dollars lower in price. Guess I’ll wait another year on it” like drat if you want to play something just buy the game.

Maybe it's something crazy like they can't afford to buy games at full price

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Andorra posted:

Maybe it's something crazy like they can't afford to buy games at full price

I think they're more teasing the person passing up a 25% discount hoping for a 33%-50% discount that realistically only knocks another few bucks off.

Some people are definitely frugal with gaming by necessity, but there are plenty of us that probably are a bit silly with waiting for discounts that are "big enough."

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's an Ubisoft game, just wait for the 60-75% discount. At least that's my policy, like not really waiting for Nintendo First Parties cause any sale lower than 25% on those is like a Christmas miracle.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Switch OS 18 is out.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22525/~/nintendo-switch-system-update-information

quote:

Ver. 18.0.0 (Released March 25, 2024)

Added “15 Minutes” as an option for “Auto-sleep when playing on TV” in Sleep Mode Settings.
Added Korean as a supported language for “Nintendo Switch Parental Controls” introductory video.
When the console language is set to Korean, the video can be accessed from Settings > Parental Controls.
General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

I predict Switch OS 25 will be released before the Switch 2.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thank you Nintendo

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

닌틴도

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
The profile pictures moving to the nintendo online app kinda makes the firmware upgrades kinda lackluster

It was always nice to see if they added any more with each update

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

This is impressive when you consider that due hardware limitations they only have 1gb for the OS and all images in the OS must be smaller than 200kb

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
Was Skyward Sword the last Zelda to adhere closely to the style of each dungeon containing an item that helps you complete the dungeon and opens up new things on the open world?

I'm playing A Link Between Worlds, which is pretty traditional overall but gives you all items early like Breath of the Wild, though the dungeons are definitely closer in style to tradition than the BotW shrines where you can create surprising ways forward by playing with your toys. I don't think I've done anything that wasn't the one preordained thing to do.

It's fun though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

ALBTW is largely like similar dungeon except you freely go to any dungeon out of order and they rarely make use of any items besides the specific one the gimmick is built around. I think it's a general detriment to the dungeons and think dungeons should build off all previous items but the dungeon design in that game was still really good so whatever.