Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

eightysixed posted:

0.63 miles, you say? You can see further than that driving to work on the highway, and you get there in 20 seconds if you're going 75mph. Pretty foreground seemingly. YMMV, ironically :v:

yeah, we sometimes get strong mist on the ground level, then we get maybe 20m, if we're lucky, YMMV indeed :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
kind of odd that one of the objectives in the luigis mansion games is collecting money and treasure

thats more a wario thing

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

It will run on audible or written whining

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Regular Wario posted:

kind of odd that one of the objectives in the luigis mansion games is collecting money and treasure

thats more a wario thing

Mario pays poo poo

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Regular Wario posted:

thats more a wario thing

You already have two franchises, let the poor guy have this.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Thats not Warios thing anymore

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

That said, I kind of miss Wario platformers (the last one was Shake It for the Wii if I recall correctly), they should bring them back one day

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Larryb posted:

That said, I kind of miss Wario platformers (the last one was Shake It for the Wii if I recall correctly), they should bring them back one day

They did! It's called Pizza Tower.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I love Wario Land (Mario Land 3), how similar are the rest of them?

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010

Larryb posted:

Antonblast, shown in the recent indie direct, seems like it might scratch that itch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-JCqpp-hLk

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Electromax posted:

The Virtual Boy one is the only one that’s remotely similar to the original (and one of the better games on the system besides), after that they kind of ditched the Mario formula and started doing their own thing

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

There is also this.

Electromax posted:

They are still platformers, but they definitely take a step away from the SMB games.

Wario Land II makes Wario invulnerable and does away with power-ups/hats, but gives him different forms depending on enemy attacks. Sometimes they are beneficial, sometimes they set you back. It also has branching paths, instead of a SMB3/SMW style map. Most are unlocked by finding different exits. Or in the case of the first level: does Wario wake up and try to stop the pirates who have entered his castle or does he keep sleeping and gets booted out of his castle by the pirates?

Wario Land III has levels with 4 different keys and 4 different chests. You can't unlock all of them at once, but by opening them one by one you unlock moves/upgrades/changes to the different levels that will gradually open up more opportunities to unlock chests in different levels. So you're constantly going back and forth and revisiting levels to get to sections/chests you couldn't get before. It still has the thing where Wario is invulnerable and has different forms based on enemy attacks. It does lead to a lot of situations where you make a mistake/get hit and then you have to travel/recover for 30-40 seconds to get an another attempt.

Wario Land IV has a thing where you need to hit a switch in a level and then you are on a timer to travel back to your starting position. Usually things in the level are changed so your hastened journey back is not as straight-forward and can get rather hectic.

Wario Land II is OG Game Boy and Game Boy Color. Wario Land III is for Game Boy Color. Wario Land IV is for the Game Boy Advance and is a wonderful game where you can see the DNA of the Wario Ware games. They are all worth playing, although they do benefit from having save states because of the aforementioned "your attempt to get there failed again so now you'll need another half minute to get back to where you were for another attempt".

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Apr 27, 2024

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Those ghosts won't gently caress Luigi for free

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Wario Land IV also took away Wario’s invincibility for some reason (though the final boss of 3 had a one hit kill attack)

In addition to those there’s also the VB Wario Land which is pretty similar to the original in setup and also Wario World for the GameCube, Master of Disguise for the DS, and Wario Land Shake It for the Wii (not too familiar with the last three though)

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

remake justified entirely by now having banjo kazooie style jabbering

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I had forgotten about Wario: Master of Disguise. It would have been a decent DS launch game... if it had been one. Finicky touch screen usage, terrible mini-games. Wario Land IV is like a rollercoaster, Master of Disguise has to constantly stop like a ferris wheel without actually having a view you can admire.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

don't magnets completely gently caress up hall effect sensors? how's that going to work with third party controllers if this is true

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

dragon enthusiast posted:

don't magnets completely gently caress up hall effect sensors? how's that going to work with third party controllers if this is true
if the magnets aren't moving relative to it the controller could self-calibrate to compensate for the added fields

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

butt dickus posted:

if the magnets aren't moving relative to it the controller could self-calibrate to compensate for the added fields

You're right in principle but in practice it could be touchy. Magnetic fields cause weird poo poo* to happen in electronic components

*that's a technical term

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Fun Times! posted:

Antonblast, shown in the recent indie direct, seems like it might scratch that itch.

This video makes the game look like it's a mix of Wario and Sparkster, :lol:

I'm now interested.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

I genuinely thought this was a sequel/spinoff of Pizza Tower when I saw it in the Nintendo direct. For some reason I thought this guy was the villain of that game and they decided to make a new one featuring him.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

dragon enthusiast posted:

The ones in the Switch 2 will work however you want them to because they aren't real

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Morpheus posted:

I genuinely thought this was a sequel/spinoff of Pizza Tower when I saw it in the Nintendo direct. For some reason I thought this guy was the villain of that game and they decided to make a new one featuring him.

Wait holy poo poo, same

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
In case people want to try an awesome, but a bit odd RTS, Grim Grimoir One More Time is 50% off on the eshop*.

*European here, so this may only be valid for European accounts.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Electromax posted:

2 is quite similar and one of my favorite games. 1 is very different but also one of my favorite games. I never played any after 3.

EDIT: Durr, I'm illiterate and misread that as Wario Land 3. Yeah, there's really nothing like Wario Land 1, sorry. 2 and 3 are different beasts, although there's some connective tissue for sure. I'd say you'd probably still like 2.

But yeah. Wario Land 1 and 2 are all time classics.

RoboChrist 9000 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 27, 2024

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
A drat shame they only have Wario Land 3 on NSO. I feel like it’s the weakest Wario Land. 2 and 4 are phenomenal.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

its so fuckin weird going on the nintendo shop and seeing games with Hentai in the title on the front page

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Upsidads posted:

Those ghosts won't gently caress Luigi for free

Fine. I’ll do it

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Rocket Pan posted:

You seem to be mistaken about something. We don't have code to do such a thing in the Quake remaster, all models process interpolation regardless of distance. There was no need for such code because the network already culls out of frame actors entirely from the renderer, and the server updates all objects equally.

Plus I don't think turning off animation interpolation would improve performance, we don't have that kind of renderer.

Oh, weird, ok then. I definitely defer to your knowledge on the subject. :shobon: I just could have sworn that there were fewer frames of animation for far off enemies than there were when they were up close.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I somehow had no idea that NSO has GBA games now and i'm very happily playing Minish Cap right now

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

As a new switch owner, when the f do these nintendo games go on sale? Digital versions specifically. It sucks they don't have anything to build your library quickly like PS+ starter package or gamepass.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Ulio posted:

As a new switch owner, when the f do these nintendo games go on sale? Digital versions specifically. It sucks they don't have anything to build your library quickly like PS+ starter package or gamepass.

never

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Ulio posted:

Very rarely and often not very deep. Especially the heavy hitters. Might just have to bite the bullet and spend money on video games.

You can do the vouchers, which will save you like $20 on two full priced titles. Useful if you’re picking up a couple new releases.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Ulio posted:

all the time, you just missed a big sale. Wait a little bit and there should be another one soon

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Uh, definitely would not recommend Another Crab’s Treasure on Switch. The performance is terrible. Sometimes it turns into a slideshow when it needs to load new animations

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

Ulio posted:

As always, https://www.dekudeals.com/ is your friend.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Third party games go on sale all the time

Use PSPrices.com to get notifications of price drops and see price history

First party games seem to only go on sale once or twice a year and only $20 off

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.

man nurse posted:

You can do the vouchers, which will save you like $20 on two full priced titles. Useful if you’re picking up a couple new releases.
With that being said, where are all these vouchers everyone is talking about and how do I redeem them?

I bought the Switch literally on launch day, have enough games for 10x The Brady Bunch, what am I missing, or where am I not looking? :dogbutton:

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 28, 2024

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/nintendo-switch-game-vouchers/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Ulio posted:

learn to love the used market. i have scored many deals on local buy sell and trades and pawn shops