Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So apparently the GTA re-releases are a trashfire? I haven't been following but that's what some of my friends were saying? I was really looking forward to replaying VC and to a lesser extent SA, but yeah, guessing it's a no-go then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Jesus that's wild. Why couldn't/didn't they just port the original PS2/Xbox versions?
Like I'd loving pay 20, hell maybe even 40, bucks for a good port of the original VC or SA.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Mario Odyssey was easily some of the most fun I've had with a video game in probably my entire life and - as weird as it sounds to say it - is probably a better open world game than Breath of the Wild in some respects.

And Breath of the Wild is loving fantastic.

So yeah, get Mario Odyssey.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So how are Pathway and the port of Slime Rancher? Got some spare dough and might treat myself to something.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Wildtortilla posted:

Additionally, in defense of the “hades is like Diablo” crew.

The core of both games is obliterating the denizens of hell as efficiently as possible. So, have any of the naysayers ever played both games?

:smug:

The Greek Underworld is not Hell.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Ogre Battle 64 owns.

Also Banjo Kazooie is one of my favorite games of all time so I am very hype for this.
Do we know if anything is coming to Genesis - or more for the N64 - this month, or is Banjo it?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

ExcessBLarg! posted:

Nope, they've already shipped everything they can license.

Wait, how? How is it they could license Ecco 1 but not 2? Or only whatever Sonic it was they had in there.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

b_d posted:

SNES kirby super star is probably the best game ever made.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I never played any Mother games - just Undertale. Is Mother 1 worth playing in TYOOL 2022 or should I just go straight into Earthbound?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
Chrono Cross is a game where the writers decided that an egregious accent is a substitute for characterization.
The game has incredible visuals and some of the greatest music of all time, and while I enjoy some of the story beats and ideas, it's at best a terrible sequel to Chrono Trigger and at worst an actively offensive one. And as I kind of implied above, to call most of the characters one dimensional would be, frankly, to give them more praise than they deserve.

I'm still going to buy and play the heck out of it, and it's definitely a good game in its own right, but I legit cannot fathom how anyone can think it compares favorably to CT.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

mandatory lesbian posted:

I like its story way better and i played them both in 2010 so to me, trigger is just a kinda standard jrpg while cross was at least attempting something experimental. Even if its messy as hell

To each their own. I do love that it's weird and experimental. I think two things would have made it one of the all time GOATS.
1. Drop the connection to CT. It hurts and does not contribute anything meaningful.
2. Drop at least half the player character roster and flesh out the remaining ones.
Plus, you know, tighten up the plotting and make it less messy.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
How's the emulation on Majora's Mask? Is it as wonky as OOT was? Or did they end up fully fixing OOT?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Apparently OoT is now fully fixed.

I never really played MM back in the day (or ever, really) so I don't know how accurate the NSO version is.

Nice. Thanks.
I played MM a fair bit back in the day, but not as much as OoT.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I've been under a rock a while due to IRL depression and business.
Is Triangle Strategy good? What's it like?
Is the new Kirby good or is it kind of rough?

If I only got one, and as someone who loves both classic Kirby and classic 1990s Square, which should I get?

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Evil Badman posted:

Both have demos.

:O Well I know how I'm spending the night.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So how does the restored content in KOTOR 2 differ, if at all, from the mod?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Electromax posted:

I love Wario Land (Mario Land 3), how similar are the rest of them?

2 is quite similar and one of my favorite games. 1 is very different but also one of my favorite games. I never played any after 3.

EDIT: Durr, I'm illiterate and misread that as Wario Land 3. Yeah, there's really nothing like Wario Land 1, sorry. 2 and 3 are different beasts, although there's some connective tissue for sure. I'd say you'd probably still like 2.

But yeah. Wario Land 1 and 2 are all time classics.

RoboChrist 9000 fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 27, 2024