Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Speaking of the Split Pad Pro, I bought some Binbok rgb knock-offs from Nyxi Gaming, and I love them.

Bought KOTOR, have never played, hopefully the combat isn't as poo poo as some of you make out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Finally put in a pre-order for physical release (due sometime in 2022) of Binding of Isaac: Repentance.

Yes, it cost about $10 more than digital of Afterbirth plus Reptenance when converted to Dollarydoos, but Isaac's mother is worth getting away from.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Bought nyxi joy-pads ages ago, haven't touched my Switch much, but got an idea in my head that the irregular disconnects were annoying me whilst on the Switch or off so I updated the firmware and now the minus button on the Left Joy-Pad/con/whatever doesn't even register in input tester. Back and forth with nyxi via e-mail has produced an 'update firmware' e-mail, a 'downgrade firmware' e-mail with instructions on how to update it but no actual firmware.

Really annoying and hopefully will be fixed as I actually quite like the controllers.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

Dr. Shithead posted:

I only have 30 day warranty on a product

They said the same thing to me, and I’ve given up. They did however offer me a discount.

No thanks.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
I know it's old, and literally I haven't thought about it in years, but with HL2 remnants found in Companion Cube edition, could we foreseeably see TF2 ported to Switch?
I used to mainline that game so hard.
I've heard bots basically ruin the game these days.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Nintendo should include my favourite ever Nintendo game super Mario land 3: wario land on the switch

I would go so far as to suggest they do a remake of that particular game. Just a lil' spruce of sprite and a splash of saturation.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Checked out Nintendo Life's hands-on preview of No Man's Sky and I've preordered it.
The dude's impression left me feeling confident that I won't be wasting my money, but I waste more money on sillier things.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
I wonder if Nintendo will release a home and portable console next gen or if they'll just go Switch Pro to extend it's success/life.

I recently picked up another 3DS (a pre-owned *new* smallboi) and find myself more able/willing to being it places due to clamshell and general size.

Honestly, a 720p 3D stereoscopic clamshell (somehow with a regular analog stick) would be the beez kneez.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Finally went back to the Harvestella Prologue Demo and finished the 14th day, although the rest of the game is coming tomorrow in the post.

Too many games bought means some get neglected, but since I'm a disabled with no job and a sugar mama I got nothing but time and crippling executive dysfunction keeping me from playing them.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

roomtwofifteen posted:

"Braid on Switch" is the funniest thing to throw in there at the end

I loved Braid so much back on Xbox 360. Glad to see it's getting some anniversary love... although I literally just bought it on Steam 'cause it's on special.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

SilentChaz posted:

Sorry to interrupt SMRPG chat, but they updated Suika Game to remove Halloween mode, a.k.a. the superior way to play. :negative:

My wife is going to be gutted harder than a Pumpkin in the month of October.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Do you have to play Xenoblade Chronicles in order?

I have 3 (just arrived), but 1 is also on its way, and 2 is kinda hard to get but really I love the idea of X and the mechs and tbh I want to start with 1

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

otter posted:

You forgot Torna, which is like. Quasi-DLC but is its own standalone game really. I bought my copy from Japan during the pandemic and you can find it cheaper now. I think there are some versions which come with a copy of xbc2.

Yeah, unfortunately all of the cheap copies I can find on eBay of Torna are European and as an ausgoon I’m not sure the DLC would work :-/

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
shhh, she's listening

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

otter posted:

Can I play through hollow knight before silksong comes out?

Depends on whether or not you start it, get most of the way through and abandon it. And then do the same thing three or four more times over the course of a few years

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
Does anybody reckon that the Switch successor will be announced at Nintendo Live Sydney 2024?

As an Ausgoon, I hope so.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
https://press-start.com.au/news/nintendo/2024/04/26/the-switch-2s-controllers-will-attach-with-magnets-according-to-new-claims/

Magnets. Always with the magnets.

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

otter posted:

Fear is the mind killer.

“I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-upgrades that brings total consumerism. I will face my fear. I will be permitted to buy it, one for my wife, and one for me. And when it has gone past I will turn to the SomethingAwful forums to see its success. Where the fear has gone there will be Nintendo. Only Wintendo will remain.”

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
3DSwitch.

Hear me out; bigger stereoscopic screen.

... that's it. Thank you for coming to my goonpost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006

this

it'll be confusing and cute