Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

the n64 emulator on the swithc is generally very good and fine. if your brain is not messed up you will never notice anything wrong. please enjoy playing star fox 64 on your switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I said come in! posted:

NSO N64 Online though isn't any better. The online just straight up doesn't work at all.

this is wrong and fail. the online works fine if u have a good connection

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Astro7x posted:

Why are there three people online in a 1 person game?

they're french OP

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

Genki stuff is backordered, but is the Jumpgate dock you're talking about this thing (https://www.amazon.com/Skull-Co-Det...ps%2C146&sr=8-3)?

this is what i use and it's perfect. hugely recommended.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

NH is a very pretty game.

Kinda crazy GTA is out on Thursday. Won't be getting it right away but that's pretty neat. I hope it runs well.

I maybe run in the wrong circles but it's surprising to me FFX isn't mentioned in the same tones as FFVI or FFVII. Is it quite as good as those? Maybe not. The story's not quite there, but kinda since you're in an arguable World of Ruin from the get go, and the characterization is different. But I'm enjoying it so much more than FFVIII and FFIX. I'm not far in, I know, but Tidus and Yuna do a much better job of being "teens" as opposed to Squall and Rinoa and their attraction though clearly based on something and looks is far more organic. And while ultimately IX was great I warmed up to it very slowly and it's gameplay is nowhere near as good as the battling in X.

The Sphere grid is very neat, I can see myself going back one day and going with the open grid and the battling while simplistic is fun, since you need a bit of thought. I imagine it looked less nice on the PS2, but this version is gorgeous. It looks great.

The plot is good too even if not as grandiose as VI and VII. It's subtle but Yuna's a sacrifice isn't she? Also I suspect the main villain is Seymour but that's just based on looks. Please don't deny or confirm those suppositions because I'm quite curious to see where it goes.

Also, Tidus keeps narrating from an unknown point in the future which is pretty effective. I can't help but wonder if we ever catch up to that point.

ffx is the best non-multiplayer final fantasy and it isn't close. game owns and i'm glad to see people having fun with it

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

10, 10-2, 14

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

it legitimately could not run on a ps3 anymore, they've upgraded the engine too much. its a ps4 game now

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

ct is obviously the best jrpg, it just goes without saying. better to focus on what comes in 2nd

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Looper posted:

chrono trigger is fine but it's not even a top five snes rpg

it's the best and it's not remotely close

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

YoshiOfYellow posted:

This is Dokapon Kingdom erasure.

dokapon kingdom is the cruelest multiplayer game of all time

i really love it and desperately want to inflict it on people who have never played it before.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

front mission is Okay but it's nowhere near the top 5 or hell even 10 snes games

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

its up there with super metroid acuturally

i agree with that, but only because i don't like super metroid very much

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

too bad about evermore, the dark prerelease version sounded really cool

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i don't like super metroid because its floaty physics are really hard to gel with. just not fun for me to play. there are way more good snes games that i would put on a top 10 list

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Mister Facetious posted:

Samus slows down when jumping unless you have the speed upgrade, or deliberately take damage while turning around to exploit its knockback effect.
She can also change direction in mid air really easily, and her fall rate isn't terribly high without certain manipulations.

it's this yeah. play super metroid and play dread back to back and it's really really obvious.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

super metroids wall jumping is better than all other metroids inc dread. game controls well andn i say that having played the gba ones first. seems like a classic case of mad cos bad.

who gives a poo poo about wall jumping lol. no one mentioned it. maybe read posts and comprehend them before posting ...?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

metroid dread controls the best of the metroids. just feels aces. i didn't get very far into super because i just didn't like how it felt. it's not a bad game or anything it's just not for me

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

good to hear the phsyicsi turn off for wall jumping and arentn part of how the game handles, absolutely glad to finally have that confirmed guess its easy to say the game controls worse when you remove the ways the game controls objectively better from being considered. anyway as i was saying youre mad, most likely crying also at this point, and are bad at the game :cheers:

i didn't even get to wall jumping lol. how much wall jumping do you even do in the game??? genuinely unsure, like i said, didn't get super far in it because the base physics felt bad 2 me

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

goon delusion: the game controls badly. the physics are off.

objective reality: the most speedrun game in history due to the masterful cotnrosl and physics which allow mechanical domination to the point of pulling off endless severely precise tricks and skips with ease. a powerhouse of platforming excellence and gold standard in the genre it created for over two decades.

i would have thought the most speedrun game was like smb or mario 64

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

doom and quake also. i'd be curious to know what's been run the most actually

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mario 64 makes sense. talk about perfect controls

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

sword and shield is fine. i had a lot of fun with it, because i have good taste.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I want to sink my teeth into Blitzball a bit more, but the game seems like it's pretty on rails atm, so I want it to open up a bit. Like not full map access, just getting out of Midgar access. I figure that shouldn't be long.

you're out of luck there. you're going to be on rails til very close to the endgame.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

gen 8 is win

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

metroid dread bosses are also win. if you could just tank everything and regain health easy it would be extremely bad

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

why don't they just make one game that has all the mons in it. why do two versions at all

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

p sure that other games with only one version still have multiplayer appeal

maybe they could call it something kind of like diamond and pearl, but different. like idk, platinum or something? i dunno.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

No. 1 ANIME HATER posted:

That mechanic exists to teach children an important life lesson: no matter how much work you put in the powers that be can take it all away from you.

Never actually put any effort into your job because the second you need to take time off or fall ill they'll fire you and cancel your insurance.

75% of marriages end in divorce.

Non-smoking fitness nuts get hit by cars.

Life is misery and chaos and death is the reward.

genuinely hope you walk into a car fire

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Has anyone said Wintendo on this page

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

it's hosed up that i still can't play donkey kong 64 on my Nintendo Switch

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

SpicyPete posted:

use that expansion pass money to give me dk64 with a character quick switch button

:hai:

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Stux posted:

you want what the game is trying to display to be as close as possible to what the display produces,

I can want whatever I want bitch

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

this is a stupid conversation. Who cares lol. Play how u want and post about the games you're playing not this insanely tedious bullshit

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

been playing a bit of mario party with my friends. don'tt hink they're my friends anymore. Mario Party pwns.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The United States posted:

I'm glad we got a new Cyberpunk released this year in terms of being an open world game incompetently ported with an absolute shitton of bugs, but I also think that much like Cyberpunk people be well informed of all the problems with the game before attempting to buy it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Rd2huQTNh0

Why do u keep posting hour long videos about boring poo poo no one cares about. Is this ur fetish. Kind of gross if it is.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

b_d posted:

what's different between the 8bitdo SN30 Pro+ and the Pro 2? Looks like the Pro 2 has the extra back buttons and a profile switcher. But they're both $50 new??

having used both extensively: the pro 2 is a flat out better version of the pro+. idk why they're the same price but definitely go for the pro 2

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

mario 64 is easily still da best.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

sunshine is easily the worst one. poo poo game. controls like rear end.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

shield is absolutely the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

gun is still the strongest iirc but man it makes my hands hurt