Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

nintendo a video game company

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I took a huge poo poo while fighting Andross on my Nintendo Switch.

Star Fox still kicks rear end.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

SMT5 in a week and I haven't even beaten Dread yet.

Nintendo Switch has too many good games.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1456309534868185105?t=JUlXurwKyLjtKs5o7fp4oA&s=19

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

NEVERMIND I forgot about the slide.

Metroid Dread. Possibly soft locked in Catarsis

I just got to Catarsis and activated the thermal switch. The only way forward is through one destructible block on the right but I don't have the morph ball.

I can't clgo back because the thermal door is locked. I can't divert the magma back to unlock the door. Help!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FFX is an incredible game and it absolutely does not deserve the hate it gets from internet weirdos.
There were some story elements that caught me by surprise though in retrospect were pretty obvious, haha.

God, the opening scene where it looks like they've lost and the world is in ruin sets such a cool tone.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey has there been any confirmation on what will be on the GTA Trilogy cart?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mario 64 can be beaten in three minutes.
Nintendo should pay us to play it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

X-2 has the distinction of being fun, goofy and extremely easy to become OP in like the first three hours.

Or get a certain setup going overnight and have giga White Mages that can do everything.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't decide if I should get GTA on Switch or PC! drat it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey what was that game where you play as a group of druids? I don't think it is out yet.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Finally got around to beating Dread.
7.5 hours of very slick gameplay. Really enjoyed it even though I only got about 40% of the items. I thought I was thorough but there must be a lot I didn't begin to see.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

So SMTV is very good?

I played a tiny bit of 4 and a good amount of Nocturne and DDS.
If it's more of the same, I'll be happy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Harrow posted:

It's very good

One note is that it's much less about dungeon crawling, though. A lot of the game takes place in big, open areas (with a ton to explore, lots of hidden things, and lots of verticality) rather than dungeon crawls.

I feel very confident saying that if you like mainline SMT at all, you'll like SMTV.

That's what I've wanted from an SMT game so I'll buy it as soon as it hits $40 or so.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Butterfly Valley posted:

Apart from being able to spacewalk around the entire outside of the station you mean

Yeah but the spacewalking sucks poo poo so it's easy to forget.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Everyone should grab Dicey Dungeons. It's pretty simple and challenging.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Yeah it's fun. Don't try to do it one go, that gets annoying. I also think that you shouldn't switch around characters too often, even if it clearly wants you to do that. The rules are generally really different to the point that I prefer getting used to one rule-set before changing it drastically.

Otherwise it's good and if you're getting for 5 euro or less it's a bargain.

I clearing out chapters in sequence going down the roster.
None of them are so complex I forget how to play them.

Plus, Warrior is so boring to me, I couldn't play him more than once at a time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cavauro posted:

I liked the robot and inventor. I didn't like them at first. It's a good game: Dicey Dungeons.

I think Inventor is my favorite. A run can turn in unexpected ways with how the gadgets can play out.

Witch, however, is fairly tedious.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cheetah7071 posted:

You can tell Hades is well designed because if you ask six people which weapon is most fun you'll get six different answers

Gauntlets X 6!!!!!!!!!!!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

cheetah7071 posted:

the best weapon is bow, incidentally

I hated the bow until I started playing with a controller and found a lot of builds I liked.

Also, the Artemis support blessing that shoots a seeking arrow every time you attack is aces. I always pick it up.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hades shield is very good because the charge is also a block. You can trivialize so much stuff with it.

Zeus aspect is the best one but anything with multibounce will shred whole rooms.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Martman posted:

That Scott Pilgrim beat'em'up is 50% off on the eshop, so $7.50. I haven't actually played it, but I think it was pretty popular?

It's fine?
Like, it got so much attention because it was ripped from stores suddenly.

Overall the game isn't amazing but you'll get more than $10 of fun out of it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Does Streets of Rage 4 have a lot of replayability?

Playing 2 on the Genesis again has reignited my interest.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tampa Bae posted:

My sister borrowed Dragon Quest XI to "See if she liked it" (she did) and I probably won't see it until around Christmas so I picked up Final Fantasy X/X-2 on sale from Gamestop (And used a $10 coupon so I only paid $10 total for it)

What are things I need to know before I dive in here, things I need to remember for later, just general things that will make my life easier?

There's basically nothing you can permanently miss but try your best to explore before moving to a new location.

Don't use the master grid unless you're following a guide or already know the game well. It's cool as gently caress but if you screw up too bad, you can make a lot of sections overly difficult.

Blitzball is very fun BUT is loving weird and doesn't make a ton of sense at first.

Khimari Ronso deserves better.

Edit: For X-2, play as you see fit. Experiment with all the dress spheres. There's a lot of potential team setups with some real wacky combos.

If you get to a point where you want to just blast through the game, look up a guide of how to become godlike with nearly zero effort using One Simple Trick (doctors hate her!!!)

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Nov 26, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm still liking Dicey Dungeons but some fun become doomed halfway through, it seems.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lord help me I want to buy Dark Souls even though I've played it on PC a ton, Elden Ring comes out in 3 months and DS1 isn't even my favorite in the series.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I doubted the OLED model but I finally got to use one.

They're pretty drat good. I reeeeaaaally can't justify getting one but it's tasty.

Anyone doing a nice trade-in for the Animal Crossing edition Switch?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Okay, so I have an Animal Cross Switch and a launch model Switch (checked the number and it is hackable.)

The first is mine and the second is my wife's.
If I buy an OLED, give her the AC one and sell the Launch model, how much of a pain in the rear end would that be?

Also, I assume you can hard wipe a Switch for selling, yes?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Google Butt posted:

hey so I want one of these, and it looks like prices are all over the place? Would someone be so kind as to link me to where I can buy one new that isn't $7000

You just have to be lucky with a drop at any number of stores.

It's not like Target or whatever has a massive stock for MSRP. Supply issues are hurting everyone and demand is far out-stripping normal consumption.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Got back in to playing MonHun Rise. The hunting horn really is the best drat weapon for group play and is much easier to use than expected.

Now if only the game didn't absolutely chew through battery...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Solaris 2.0 posted:

I kind of hate myself - I got a Switch OLED alert at a Target very close to me - so without even thinking just opened the link and hit "buy".

I'm justifying this purchase that my Switch is a pre-2019 version and, when I checked, hackable, so it is worth some money?

Yeah check eBay and the like. There are listings for hackable consoles (without JoyCons) for $250-350. Very possible you could make a profit on the original purchase.

I have a launch Switch and have not modded it, even though I probably should.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sorry, folks. Pack it in.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Did GTA Trilogy get patched? I'd rather play it in bed and not have to deal with Rockstar's launcher on PC.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I know any sort of Pro model is unlikely to happen soon but I juuuuuust can't justify an OLED, even though I almost never play docked.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Rune Factory, at least in my experience, does have tons of systems but a lot of them are very optional.

You can get nasty with stuff like soil pH levels if you want an insane level of optimization or just plant your veggies and delight to see most of them grow and become strong.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The Pirate Captain posted:

I finished Dragon’s Dogma yesterday on this thread’s recommendation from way back whenever it came out. It’s good, but it feels like it’s about 75% of a great game but they ran out of money and had to wrap it up. The gameplay is mostly solid, but the world and story aren’t really fleshed out. I had two conversations with the Duke’s wife and all of a sudden she’s the thing I love most in the world? What? He throws me in prison for assaulting her but the instant I break out it’s never mentioned again? There’s a lot of stuff like that.

When you first leave the opening town it seems like there’s going to be this huge world to explore, but then nope, there’s only one other city and maybe 20 caves/ruins and that’s it. The combat is pretty fun, and the mix of standard/giant enemies is good. It just feels like it needed a bigger budget to make good on its ideas.

DD gets by on great combat and incredibly janky charm.
I mean, what other game can you throw hirelings at a cyclops until they die?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

If someone manages to snag an extra OLED, I'll pay you to ship it to me.

Edit: Wait... Walmart just has them at MSRP and 2 day shipping. What the gently caress? Snagged one. Hopefully someone will want to buy my AC edition.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 09:15 on Dec 10, 2021

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Just confirmed that Target also has OLEDs in stock at a variety of locations.

Get hosed, scalpers.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Butterfly Valley posted:

I mean the fact that OLEDs exist in the wild just means that they're not scalpable enough to bother with, aside from a few desperate people trying it. The serious scalpers are all doing very well still with their hordes of GPUs and PS5s

I had first turned to OfferUp and Craigs List and there are tons of scalpers trying to sell OLEDs for nearly 500. Just obscene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ExcessBLarg! posted:

If you can call a zombie apocalypse "beautiful", Dying Light is an amazing achievement in terms of a Switch port.

Is Dying Light actually on cart or is it a cloud game like the sequel?

I got a good ways in to it on PC but playing it on the go seems neat.