Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
DQM very early trip report

Performance isn't improved from what we saw in the demo but it is better than S/V and if you can stomach that or the 3ds DQM games you'll be fine. The visuals are a (small) step up from the 3ds games and monster models are done rather well with nice little touches to their animations.

I barely did the tutorial area but it's insanely addicting as always to scout as many mons as you can see, and the seasons changing th available mobs is gonna be fun I think.

Can't speak for much past the first hour or whether the game will be any challenging but I'll probably end up loving this just because collecting classic DQ monsters is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Yep damage and monster treats will improve your scout percentage. I haven't seen status afflictions improve my rates but smacking them around without killing them certainly does.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Random question does anybody know if megaman Battle Network legacy collection has a built-in map feature for all six games? I'm not finding anything on the product bullet points / features pages but maybe I'm just blind

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
30fps cap on TTYD remake is...really not great, was the original also capped at 30? I don't think so, I recall it being a very smooth experience.

I'm gonna pass on it and finally get around to the smrpg remake instead

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Genuinely disappointing but at least the original still looks slick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm sure it looks good, just blows my mind that Mario Odyssey, surely a much more intense game, is locked at 60fps (with scaling fuckery sure). Hopefully 30fps doesn't make a difference but Switch 2 can't get here soon enough

Agreed, it looks shinier and more polished than the original but plenty of better looking switch games run higher than 30fps

Of course, lots of good looking games also run quite poorly on the switch but I usually have higher expectations from first party stuff. I agree that it's likely the aging hardware and all, so it probably can't be helped much