Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I said come in! posted:

They are all intentionally ignoring the overwhelming examples and evidence that say otherwise lol. It's goons being goons. The emulator is in a really unacceptable state in its current form.

Seems like you're confusing "perfect" with "perfectly serviceable". For the average user that wants to play N64 games on their Nintendo Switch... it does exactly that. They don't care about the extra frame or whatever the hell people are raging about on Youtube. There are plenty of things that could and should be better. That doesn't mean someone enjoying it is ignoring "overwhelming examples and evidence"... it just means they don't care and are having fun with it despite what some speedrunner's analysis says.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I never said anything about it needing to be perfect. But it's far from perfectly serviceable. People aren't arguing that it's serviceable, they are saying that there are literally no problems, and that just simply isn't true.

The post you were replying to literally says people are arguing that it's fine and serviceable. You asserted those people are just ignoring overwhelming evidence. Now you've decided they're actually just arguing that it's flawless?

It's not perfectly serviceable to you and many other people. It's perfectly serviceable to a lot of other people. Even after they've acknowledged all of the issues. Hope this makes sense.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Spacebump posted:

I also just saw this https://twitter.com/SouperJ64/status/1452839651387973639 and was really confused how something that bad could get released. I guess it makes more sense that somehow playing single player games online is causing this vs it was just released this badly.

They even call out their own lovely college WIFI in a comment on that post.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I totally forgot about the DS Chrono Trigger until just now. I feel like I fooled around with that monster arena they added for hours and don't remember any of it.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Is 1-2-Switch good?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

which Mario are you

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I'm gonna get some gyroids

The Postman
May 12, 2007

You can store your DIYs in the storage in Animal Crossing now. That's the power of Nintendo baby!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I've seen it go as low as $7.50 before and think it's worth trying out at that price even if you think you won't get very far (but you might surprise yourself).

The Postman
May 12, 2007

new popeye came out today

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Someone in the AC thread said you can pay Leif 100k to get rid of all of your weeds. I didn't play for about 6 months and it honestly wasn't too bad to clean up manually, but if you're still rich from turnips or something it's nice there's a shortcut.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Glover doesn't even have a pinky

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I've found my Satisfye grip helps a lot and the battery life on my launch Switch pretty much forces me to stop before it can get uncomfortable.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Has anyone had issues with the Switch not recognizing the dock after installing the most recent update? I just updated to 13.1 and nothing doing now

I never play it portable because why would I so it's pretty annoying!

I had an issue last night where I docked it after using it for a while and when I checked back later it hadn't charged. Oddly, when I unplugged the USB-C from the dock and directly into my Switch that didn't work either. Checked that it was fully plugged into the power strip and it was. Tried it on a different outlet across the room... it worked. Plugged it back into the original power strip and into the dock and it mysteriously worked again. No idea if this is related, but maybe try unplugging it and plugging it back in again?

E: Looks like you answered that while i was typing.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

The Postman
May 12, 2007

GTA Trilogy tracklist confirmed for anyone that was eager to see what's still in.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Are there any versions that don't have Psyduck?

The Postman
May 12, 2007

All of them are probably fine then

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1459258275338199041

I know someone was looking for the premium edition SMTV earlier. Went up on GameStop just now.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

I'm gonna play the dreamcast rear end looking Diamond and Pearl remakes and hell, I'll prolly have fun with them

you're going to get some gamers heated up with this kinda talk!!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

baba is you update tomorrow! Level creator, bunch of new puzzles, and lots of new words and objects.

https://youtu.be/U4W_9rfjSus

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Amazon just started price matching those GameStop deals.

Here's the Astral Chain one (non-affiliate)

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Haha I thought I was in coupons

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Hell yeah Wiggler

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ok, (hopefully) getting together with family at Christmas, and there'll be 3 switches, including mine.

Any good, somewhat cheap games to get for good LAN multiplayer with people who aren't super into games like most of us ITT?

This is a little off prompt, but Jackbox could be a good fit if everyone is able to participate with their phones.

I think Mario Kart 8 can have up to 8 players locally. That tends to be a game that just about anyone can pick up and play around with.

Bruceski posted:

I've seen some places call the Mario Golf update the "final" one, but haven't found official confirmation (nobody cites their goddamn sources in games "journalism"). It certainly feels like things have filled out, All-Star Summit is a final-feeling course, is it confirmed the last one?

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1463326768929062917?s=20

The twitter post says it's the last free update. There's still a chance for paid DLC I guess.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Anybody have any thoughts about Sakuna: of Rice and Ruin? On sale for $25.99 right now and I was wondering if it's worthwhile.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Going to equip all 5 SFX badges at once and put the emulation to the ultimate test

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Disappointing Pie posted:

I can’t find a great answer to this but have a question, I have 3 switches on a family plan if I wanted to upgrade one of those switch profiles to the new online program with the AC DLC is that doable?

Only if you took it off of the family plan and bought it an individual upgraded plan. It might be worth seeing what your family upgrade price is and deciding if the owners of all 3 devices would get enough use out of it. I think I paid $54 to upgrade my family plan and it would cost you $50 to get one profile its own upgraded individual membership.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I want to equip the Knight armor on Mario how much endurance do I need so I won't fat roll

The Postman
May 12, 2007

I totally forgot Yoshi morphed into vehicles... I gotta replay Yoshi's Island soon.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

i like majora's mask dekus when are they gonna give us more deku lore

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1469224781480218627

Banjo in January!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1470755463981633540

Indie World tomorrow!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Did that come via e-mail or is there a link to see it?

Edit: Nvm, found it! https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/ for anyone interested

The Postman fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Dec 14, 2021

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Rageaholic posted:

I went to that link and am signed in but still don't see my stats :confused:

(On Chrome for iOS)

I already know my most played game is Animal Crossing, though.

Not sure what's up. I got an e-mail as well.

punk rebel ecks posted:

Where are you all getting these?

Also this play time stuff should be standard on the Switch like it is on Steam.

E-mail or https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Update day for the Wii Shopping Channel!

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Heck yeah more color picross

The Postman
May 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1471526483017404416?s=20

Picross sale on the eShop

The Postman
May 12, 2007

StrixNebulosa posted:

Update: wait gently caress we don’t have internet in the new house until tomorrow so the zelda question is temporarily irrelevant.

If you're in the US: Amazon, Walmart and GameStop have it available for $14.43 right now. Should just send you the code to enter in the eShop once you have internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Echophonic posted:

So if I want everything for Overcooked 2, I need the base game, the Season Pass, Surf n' Turf, and Too Many Cooks? It's dumb they didn't put the Gourmet edition on sale.

According to Deku Deals you just missed it on sale last week.