Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Is this TMNT Hades or TMNT Diablo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Not going to lie, 4 player TMNT Hades beat 'em up could be pretty fuckin' rad if done well.

Edit: It amazes me how Cat Game must be doing extremely well for them considering each game is higher and higher budget.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

OH poo poo STEAMWORLD HEIST 2.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

They haven't done a straight sequel in ages

Heist is their best game so I'm pretty happy about that.

And to nobody's surprise it's another banpanda.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

...steamworld dig 2 was a lot less recent then I realized. On the otherhand, what was between then and now? The card game and city builder?

The card game, city builder and their weird adventure game The Gunk.

The city builder was really them overreaching though and I suspect it underperformed for them.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

DLC Inc posted:

Nintendo would rather die than put Ogre Battle or Mischief Makers on the service, fully expecting Chameleon Twist and Fighter Destiny 2 to be next lol

Both of those are third party games, Nintendo can't do poo poo unless the studio(s) involved want to.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The timed hit window in Paper Mario is a fuckin' mile long, it's probably not going to meaningfully matter.

Edit: Unless you're stacking Unsimplifier but at that point you're probably not going to meaningfully suffer.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

seems like they might make the vivian subplot more accurate to the original jp

https://twitter.com/Dededaio2/status/1783555566641578374

Huuuh. Yeah, that's not even subtle.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I don't notice it often but it stood out like hell in Shin Megami Tensei V.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

It's not on Switch, but if you're itching for some Star Fox-esque action that does it better than Star Fox, I definitely recommend Whisker Squadron on Steam. It's still early access, but it's a ton of fun. If you're like me and you played a lot of Star Fox, you'll feel right at home with it

I should note that Whisker Squadron is a roguelike, so which it has similar gameplay, the level design is a lot more basic and lacks the style of Star Fox.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Starlink is supposed to be similar to StarFox...and the Switch version even has missions with the StarFox crew!

It kind of is and kind of isn't. It's a lot more Ubisoft Open World and the toyetic gimmick feels a bit unnecessary but it has some strong moments and (I mean this 100% unironically) it does everything Starfield was trying to do better than Starfield did.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

Umbraclaw - 5/30/24, $25.00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-ri1gNZN0c
A platformer from Inti Creates starring a housecat who died and is trying to return to her owner in the land of the living. At the start of the game you have no attacks and die in one hit, forcing you to evade or sneak around enemies, but you have nine lives and after every death you gain a new ability based on what killed you. After enough deaths you'll take on a humanoid form, which makes you too big for the stealthy paths around enemies, but gives you a health bar and more power, so the game transitions from a stealth platformer to an action platformer as you run out of lives. Will apparently have multiple endings depending on how you play.

There's a demo up on the eShop

That's an interesting concept but I gotta admit I'm not sure how I feel about the idea of a game where getting fun mechanics locks you into an inevitable bad ending

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Snake Maze posted:

There's also a skilltree of passive effects that you can't earn points for while in humanoid form, and it sounds like you reset back to cat form at the start of each chapter, so I think it's supposed to be more a change in playstyle than a better gameplay/worse ending slider. But yeah, I'm curious to see how the story stuff is handled.

I liked the demo and I'm planning to get the game on release, but it also feels like it's going to be one of those polarizing 7/10s that you either love or hate.

Oh, I misunderstood. I thought it was "you have 9 lives for the entire game"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

WaltherFeng posted:

That sounds interesting. I think Inti Creates hasn't made good game since Megaman Zero 3

Blaster Master Zero is great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Silksong has been cancelled but worked into a brand new RPG from Shigesato Itoi instead.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Huh. Weirdly enough that one doesn't get me at all. All of those games feel that long ago to me. Probably because a bunch of them have like 5+ sequels by this point.

Tell me Smash Brothers Melee is 23 though and I feel it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Luigi's raw power is too much to be contained by the mere mortal that is Mario.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am more cheered up by the fact that a cartoon ghost gets to be her real self than I logically should be.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You'll never look at a Bob-omb the same way after OK.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

I played it before on Gamecube but I'm discovering I remember almost nothing about it. I remembered the dragon's name is Hooktail, but that's about it.

I was not prepared for the very suss evil spirit trapped in a chest who "curses" you with the ability to turn into a paper airplane. Very strongly reminded me of how you get extra capacity for bombs and arrows in... was it LttP or LBW? There was a dude who cursed you and said "You're gonna have to carry SO much extra stuff now! Aren't you sad?"

Very similar energy.

I am making sure to have Goombella tell me about everyone and every place.

You're probably thinking of the bat-creature who 'curses' you by 'halving' your magic which actually just halves your MP cost.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the fact that the game gives you the option to pay to skip battles is a big red flag lmao. like, if the battle system was fun, why would you want to pay to skip them?

That is super common in rpgs. Either losing money for running or something like Suikoden's Bribe mechanic or the fact enemies in SMTV will let you pay to escape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Now they're trying to walk it back so hard that Kamala is a Mutant instead (And will probably be given her lovely movie powers.)