Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Played the demo of The Pedestrian - is this the Donkey Kong (Game Boy) sequel the world demands, nay, needs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

For all the new Hades players (I only started it about a month ago myself): https://bsky.app/profile/sarahebond.bsky.social/post/3kiziszombl2k

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

drrockso20 posted:

Can't remember is Six Golden Coins on there?

Yes and continues to rule

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

It will have 300 million subscribers and you will never hear about it in a face to face interaction with another human being.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Real lack of dunking on the wannabe Nintendo Lawyers of the 00s who assured everyone that NONE of the Mother trilogy would EVER see a stateside release again. Music licensing issues, weird jokes and references in the games, Nintendo crunching the numbers and moving on completely from the franchise... yet here we are.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Listen, burning someone decades after the fact is my prerogative, but please understand EarthBound and Earthbound Origins coming to Wii/U handily broke certain narratives around what was and wasn't possible from Nintendo at the time. I understand Mother 3 is just for Japan NSO for now, regardless, the series is still around and I like it.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

GoutPatrol posted:

at least I can show my love

:yeah:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Winning races in Pocket Card Jockey is 50% Solitaire, 30% positioning on the track (balancing stamina/enthusiasm, using the formation where your horse loves to run, picking up items), 10% not falling behind from stage to stage (not getting rammed by an angry horse), then a final 10% in the final sprint where you get boxed in or one of the other horses turned out to be in a higher league than you so you'll have to come back with a champion-bred revenge baby.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Oooh! A bunch of Rare games!" and then I play 5 minutes of Snake Rattle and Roll.

Speaking as someone who played SR&R as a little kid and had barely any idea what the hell I was doing, to say nothing of the precise, pivoting jumps the game often required, it's nice to revisit as an adult with more skill and a handy rewind function.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

yoshi is in prison for tax evasion

He smuggled a lot of value into those cookies

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

kidfresca posted:

Changing the region on your account forfeits your gold coins and maybe vouchers.

You and Tato need to have words and report back to us. Snatching the Mother 3 icons is either harmless fancy or a dagger to the Switch's heart.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Tato posted:

I didn’t lose any platinum or gold points or gently caress anything up switching back and forth. But Nintendo knows. And they never forget.

Okay, I went through the process and the only hitch was that you cannot carry a dollar balance while swapping your account to another region. Upgraded from the Pocket Card Jockey demo to full game, check and mate Wintendo.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

*standing in front of PSN, Xbox Live, and various MMOs* You mean twenty whole dollars for a measly year??

Pro tip: use the My Nintendo site to cash in your accumulated Platinum Coins for physical and digital freebies. Friends and kiddos have gotten some cute merch from me whenever I see something on there that matches their play habits.

Princess Peach: Showtime demo reaction - it's cute, has its charms, probably a bit too simple for adults. Keeps the player moving from setpiece to setpiece and uses a lot of stage pageantry. Each level has hidden loot that is tracked, so that could be the True Gamer challenge, much like in Yoshi games.

Agreed with the other poster who's curious how much game there is, seems like a chill time once it goes on sale.

Space Fish fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Mar 10, 2024

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

glassyalabolas posted:

DLC is reserved for the Switch 2 release of the game.

Unironically this, Nintendo are masters of reselling a product but better. Now, if that means the Mario Wonder Deluxe DLC pulls a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and has double the levels and the new levels rule... yeah, take my money.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mega64 posted:

I'd rather pay $60 for a great ten-hour game than a meh 100-hour game that I'll probably only play for ten hours.

Those are outdated numbers - today it's $70 (or $100+ for the ultimate edition) for a 150-hour game containing a 20-hour mini game. Everyone clamors for more of the minigame and just looks up the main ending on YouTube.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Nintendo, Drill Dozer please

I 100% agree alongside endorsing Pepper Grinder as pretty fun, too.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

A B A C A B

Press A, Press B, all cops are bastards

Is this a Sega code, perhaps for Streets of Rage?

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

you can tell they have a health relationship because they arent using the switch

How do they split the Subaru? :dumbrim:

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mega64 posted:

Metroid Dread is worth $80 so I sent Nintendo another $20

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment/gaming/ex-blizzard-exec-dragged-for-suggesting-gamers-start-tipping/ar-BB1lF3d8

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mega64 posted:

Who do I have to scream at to bring back the greatest DS game, Meteos?

God gave you the wisdom to recognize this truth but not the satisfaction to see it realized at large. Please believe this is a blessing and not a curse.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Sakurazuka posted:

They never expected anyone to get that far

Game development is like Mario Maker in the sense that it is illegal for developers to release a game they cannot beat for themselves.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Switch rules so hard that the studios developing for it don't have to spend a billion dollars acquiring and then shuttering whole swaths of the industry, they can just make and sell games, so old fashioned.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Mega64 posted:

You should fix that. Picross S is a good starting point (ignore Mega Picross until you get base Picross down), and if you're cheap Mario Picross is on Switch Online, just gotta find a place to learn the rules.

I thought I was slick with my 10x10 and 15x15 puzzles in videogames until I saw a coworker in a picross browser game casually completing some 100x100 looking beast like :drat:

I asked if she had any tips and she said no, picross is simple enough on its own. Maybe she's the picross equivalent of those Japanese arcade hobbyists who play after they get off work and can body pro American players like they're nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

DC Murderverse posted:

https://twitter.com/pilotblacksmith/status/1794355212200849769?s=61&t=p3q_Jh3l7EiiLtw3f9k_8Q

Apparently this game got rated like a year ago. Nintendo holding games for release is pretty common knowledge at this point but it’s always funny to compared to many games from big developers that come in flaming hot and aren’t fully playable until months after release.

If only Ubisoft had Nintendo's timing instincts. Mario + Rabbids 2 probably should have sat on its hands and rode the Switch 2 hype wave like Nintendo advised: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2023/06/mario-plus-rabbids-sparks-of-hope-should-have-waited-for-switch-successor-says-ubisoft-ceo