Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

I said come in! posted:

Other than the N64 emulator for NSO being extremely bad, Nintendo has absolutely been killing it with the Switch. The library of exclusives on this system are amazing and incredibly fun. Currently very excited for the Animal Crossing expansion, Shin Megami Tensei V, and then Splatoon 3. Metroid Dread is one of my top 5 favorite games of 2021 as well.

Is N64 emulation extremely bad, because most people on here say it's fine and serviceable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Do the Genesis games have rollback?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

it's like persona except without all the homophobia and teacher-student relationships

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Stux posted:

idk smt3 before the rerelease was easily worse than anyn persona game on the former

the diretor of smt3 also d irected persona 3,4,5 and catherine, three of which have some form of homo/transphobia in it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Twelve by Pies posted:

I feel like the problem is that SMT isn't very much like Persona at all. Starting with P3, Persona became more "high school life simulator where you make friends and date the cute girls" with a little bit of fighting monsters in dungeons, whereas SMT was never really like that (though I think the first two games did take place at a high school but there wasn't a life sim aspect to it). Starting with Nocturne, SMT has pretty much been "survival in a world of demons after the apocalypse."

To use another example that's been discussed in the thread before, if game reviewers said "Metroid Dread is really dumb and boring, I miss the swordplay from Hollow Knight, and why doesn't Dread have multiple endings and secret bosses?" Yeah, Metroid Dread and Hollow Knight are both metroidvania games but both of them are going for different things and it's not useful to say "Dread is disappointing because it isn't like Hollow Knight.'

The first SMT takes place shortly before the apocalypse at the start, but part way through America nukes Japan due to the demon infestation. SMT 2 is entirely post-apocalyptic

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

TwoHeadedDeer posted:

I feel like sword/shield are the most hated, no? or is that the most recent=bad pokemon curse

I just want to catch them all yet Game Freak won't let me in Sword/Shield. Plus all of the models for the older Pokemon are literally reused from the 3DS games, there's no excuse for not having them all. It's not like SMTV where they actually spent time remodeling the monsters (and there's still 200+ of them)

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Is final remix the new one or the port

it's the the port

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

My favorite part of Sunshine are Mario's taking damage noises, especially when he gets burnt and screams MAMA

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm crossposting this from the SMT thread. Move over AC grandma

https://twitter.com/Food4Dogs/status/1459672756983791618

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I am noticing a disturbing lack of Pac-Man 2: The New Adventures

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Just coming in to say that Dr. Mario 64 is the best Dr. Mario game of all time and that Nintendo Life's review of it is complete and utter bullshit

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

hatty posted:

I guess that means there might be future paid stuff?

The ESRB page mentions In-Game Purchases, so probably

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

American McGay posted:

Feels more like they're leaving the door open as opposed to confirming plans. I have a hard time thinking of what would even work for paid DLC. There's already a decent selection of courses. They could do like, all the courses from past Mario Golf games but would people really pay $20 for another 12 courses? Maybe a completely new mode, something like a full minigolf game. That might be cool.

Isn't that what they did with Mario Golf World Tour, adding the courses from the first Mario Golf?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

How the gently caress is the input lag in the Genesis collection so bad holy poo poo. Like people say that the MMX collection has bad input lag which I didn't really notice, but the Genesis collection is unreal. gently caress Sega

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sakurazuka posted:

I honestly never noticed it but maybe it isn't as bad in the PS4 version

It is extremely noticeable with Sonic imo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

loudog999 posted:

I’m about 15 hours into Dragon Quest XI and have been using auto battle most of the time. At this point it feels like I’m just watching the game instead of playing. Do you all use this or switch back and forth in certain situations?

I usually just play it manually - if I watched it it would just be like watching a long movie except at certain points I can move the character around

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So are all of the games on the cart and they're installed as separate applications on the Switch?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

At least the Danganronpa package actually comes with every game on the cart and doesn't require you download the rest over the internet

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Junkie Disease posted:

Dids Hamsters ports ever stop being lazy and glitchy?

What Hamster ports are you talking about? They're obviously not featured pack like M2's ports are, but the ports themselves play perfectly fine

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

paper mario on n64 is better than thousand year door

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

b_d posted:

ill never replay thousand year door because the chapter with the tiny guys in the tree sucks poo poo for 5 hours. great game though

i liked the anime tournament arc chapter where you get the partner yoshi

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1473214208162803715

gently caress yes xexex on 12/23. you all better buy it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Oscar Wild posted:

Thank you!

If I could add some more recommendations, I would highly recommend Twinkle Star Sprites , Sengoku 3, Top Hunter and Pulstar (Blazing Star's predecessor). I'm not the biggest fighting game fan, but my favorite fighter for the Neo Geo is Waku Waku 7, due to the wacky atmosphere and great characters.

Also, if you're interested in looking at the non-Neo Geo Arcade Archive released, these are the games I would recommend

Every Donkey Kong game (even 3, it's underrated)
Mario Bros.
Libble Rabble (Qix like game where you control two arrows and using pegs, creating shapes to trap enemies in)
Mappy (It's on the Namco Museum Arcade Volume 1, but it's the Famicom version)
Bells and Whistles (AKA Detana Twinbee)
Thunder Cross 2
Xexex
Liquid Kids
Raiden
Zero Team
Crazy Climber
X-Multiply
Ninja Spirit
Frogger
Burger Time
Time Pilot
Pooyan
Circus Charlie (have a lot of memories playing the Famicom version on a 100 in 1 plug and play)

Be aware that there are also some collections on the eShop that already have some of the Arcade Archive games compiled together, including games that Hamster will most likely release separately. These are:

-Arcade Classics Anniversary Collection (Gradius, Gradius 2, Salamander/Life Force, Scramble, Twinbee, Ajax and Thunder Cross. Also Haunted Castle but it sucks)
-Taito MIlestones (Alpine Ski, Chack'n Pop, Elevator Action, Fairyland Story, Front Line, Halley's Comet, Ninja Warriors, Qix, Space Seeker and Wild Western) in February 2022
-Namco Museum (Pac-Man, Galaga, Dig Dug, Tower of Druaga, Rolling Thunder, Rolling Thunder 2, Sky Kid, Splatterhouse, Tank Force and Galaga '88)
-Pac-Man Museum + (Pac-Man, Super Pac-Man, Pac & Pal, Pac-Mania and Pac-Land) in 2022

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Dec 23, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Play more arcade games on Switch

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Jaffe soon started crying that it was just a joke. Yeah, real funny joke about someone dying. What a piece of poo poo he is

https://mobile.twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1469307116464844804

Also, Jaffe is poo poo at grammar and reading
https://mobile.twitter.com/davidscottjaffe/status/1469156613734817792

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Dec 24, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Could someone tell me why the SanDisk 512 GB Micro SD Card is only $59.99 on Amazon while on Best Buy it's normally $249.99?

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-512GB-microSDXC-Memory-Adapter/dp/B08GXXKY6P
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-512gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-memory-card/6356777.p?skuId=6356777

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Probably because it's a bootleg.

Even when they're sold by Amazon itself bootlegs can squeak through. I bought a bad one last year.

You can dock it into a computer to check the storage and see if it's legit. Hopefully it is since that's a baller price.

The Amazon one looks like it's sold by SanDisk themselves though

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Srice posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1481289727646965761

Wow, this is a heck of a surprise. Even just a port would be neat but it's very cool that they went the extra mile.

I'm gonna wait because this probably means they're gonna be adding more NGPC ports, which could get compiled as Neo Geo Pocket Collection Volume 2

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

The REAL Goobusters posted:

You need a western studio to make Metroid these days. When was the last time an actual, honest to god GOOD japanese Metroid was made? Fusion? and even then Metroid nerds hate that one. This is why Prime and Dread are the goats

Vintersorg posted:

Last time JP tried developing Metroid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOefFfxBNJg

(we did get Fusion which was cool)

The problem with Other M isn't that white people didn't make them game

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

The REAL Goobusters posted:

yeah the problem is that sakamoto had no idea how to make a good metroid game or what makes one good

Your post suggested that the problem isn't Sakamoto, but the fact that the studio making the game wasn't a Western one.

I want to make it clear that I'm in not way trying to defend Sakamoto or Other M in any way

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jan 18, 2022

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

yeah the whole "last-of-us-ification" thing that really showed up with stuff like Tomb Raider/Uncharted PS4/Days Gone/God of War has been noted for quite a while and I'm definitely starting to see backlash to it. Especially with the idea that Sony doesn't really care about developing Japanese-style games anymore.

I knew Sony stopped giving a poo poo about developing games in Japan as soon as they shut down Japan Studio and moved members to Team Asobi, and besides Astrobot, has only worked on The Playroom

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/OatmealDome/status/1484349859398254594

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Hot Take: Banjo-Tooie is better than Banjo-Kazooie because Banjo and Kazooie talk way more in the sequel than in the first game, and helps to show their personality and characterize them. Also I just liked the worlds better than in B-K

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Xenomrph posted:

I almost got that one, but ended up grabbing this one:

HORI Game Card Case 24 for Nintendo Switch Officially Licensed by Nintendo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NASY99Z/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_GAP6R3772HD302YFZVMG

I think the games are fit in a little too well. It's a pain to get them out and I'm always nervous I'm gonna end up breaking one of them doing it

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

all hail nintendo

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

lunar detritus posted:

BotW 2 release date :f5:

Today

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm hoping for Mario Party Superstars DLC

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/ninstatusbot/status/1491237980203274240?s=21

I think we maybe finally getting Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound, along with another Earthbound/Mother announcement to go along with it?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

It kinda boggles my mind that Sakurai doesn't put some more characters from obscure franchises in as fighters to increase interest in those franchises for Nintendo, like Custom Robo or Sin and Punishment. I would have liked to see Takeru from Mysterious Murasame Castle or Lip from Panel de Pon in, and I guarantee that those characters would gain a huge boost in popularity like the Earthbound and Fire Emblem franchises have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

LuckyCat posted:

PLEEEEASE be more inspired than Golf was.

it's not by modern camelot so it will