Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Anybody have any recommendations for dungeon crawlers?

Looking for something more focused on combat and exploration over story, though having something there is a plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

otter posted:

Tried Diablo II?

They ported that onto the switch? Cool, but unfortunately ran that into the ground a decade ago and it just wouldn't be the same without the incessant clicking. I wonder if Grim Dawn made it over?

I'm thinking more of turn based stuff since I'm not super into ARPGs, that being said I might look look around anyway.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Tempura Wizard posted:

Turn based dungeon crawlers you say?

How about the recently released sleeper hit Shiren the Wanderer: The Mystery Dungeon of Serpentcoil Island?

That looks pretty good, I'll check it out.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

wizard2 posted:

not wanting an ARPG, let alone Blizzard slop, thats all fair, no argument... but bad news, it turns out that they're wayyy better with a controller. wtf, right?

Diablo 2 was good, but also I refuse to believe you.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Commander Keene posted:

Have you played any of the Etrian Odyssey games? They recently got HD ports or whatever on the Switch.

Honestly I did, but a quick skim had them solely on 3ds.

Controller based Diablo is doing my head in, but I suppose I should try it before declaring it anathema.

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

Aerofallosov posted:

The HD collection is on switch, which is 1, 2, and 3. 4, 5, and Nexus are on the 3DS as are the two untolds (EO 1: Millennium girl, EO 2: Untold.

Ah, that'd be it - I was looking at one of the later ones. Cheers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trenchdeep
Sep 12, 2017

SkeletonHero posted:

Potato Flowers in Full Bloom is an excellent chill dungeon crawler. Make a crew of four little guys, inch your way through a giant dungeon to maybe find some potato seeds at the bottom. Light management is a huge part of exploration, combat is tactical but not super complex, all the little dudes are cute and if you open your menu you get a diorama of your party just hanging out. Solid recommend.

Oh wow, that looks adorable.