Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Currently finishing my 100% run on Aria of Sorrow at the Castlevania Advance Collection.

Please do not try to 100% this game.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Nov 3, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Looper posted:

you getting all item drops too or merely all souls?

Item drops, souls already got them on the first go then I decided to start Hard Mode without realizing it only improved Soul drops, not items.

Only have Demon Mail and Shadow Knight's potion left and god I really hope whoever made the drop formula on the Sorrow duology got fired.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Looper posted:

good luck, and godspeed. you're almost there!

Thanks, but if I ever replay Dawn of Sorrow I'm doing it with the hack that has miscelaneus fixes and most importantly fixes Luck to do some poo poo, I ain't torturing myself again with this.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

actually thanks for closing the thread and making a new one that won't crash my mobile explorer

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Use the awful app it's actually good!

Never! I will never use more convinient means, until I do and slap myself for not changing earlier! You can't force me!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm planning on using it to recover my fitness after 6+months of no exercise cause operation until going to the gym doesn't feel like an exercise in itself.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I lost quite a bit of fat after about 6 months of almost daily 30-40 mins ring fit. The last 3 months I added 2kg wrist weights and they help a lot with building muscle but all the yoga poses are hell, so be aware of how your body reacts because you don't want to break a bone doing something slightly more difficult like the chair pose

After you cleared out all the skill trees you can consult the subreddit which has Google excel forms listing out which exercises are good for which muscles (the in game guide is more general). Also I find the base game easy enough without the smoothies so don't break too much sweat collecting them

Thanks for the advice! That said I don't plan to break myself playing it, my main plan is to take it slowly and get used again to doing exercise. I used to go daily to the gym in front of home back when I was at university to help with back problems but after moving the gym is now farther away so I had less motivation and then corona+this operation hit me.

The fun part is when I got the game I had the Switch on my bedroom plugged to my monitor so I was literally unable to do yoga due to lack of space + monitor being to high for me to read the instructions :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Andrast posted:

and that's fine? there's a reason persona is much more popular than smt

mostly thing seems like people desperately trying to dunk on reviewers for having pretty reasonable opinions

If you put the things that make Persona unique into SMT you get... Persona so why make a SMT game. They have different goals. I do agree SMT games could use a bit more characterization, but saying "SMT is a worse Persona because I can't kiss waifus" is just bad.

okay who the gently caress said the OST is easily forgettable i have to show them my samurai skills

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

hatty posted:

SMTV is suddenly downloading to my Switch! Just one more week. The Icon is kinda dull though

Meanwhile I wanted to get it physical but was waiting to see if the retailer I have a discount at had it listed but it seems it won't and now preorders are out of stock everywhere in my country, I'm dumb :negative:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

My favourites would be V, X, IV, XIV, I in no particular order. VII didn't really impact me, FFVI was played way too late for me and I never finished VIII for being VIII and IX because way too slow even with the PC port additions. II is protoSaGa and therefore bad, III was tainted by the DS release, also never went far into XII, dropped the XIII games halfway, never played XI.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

DLC Inc posted:

not even giving you the quality-of-life change of using TMs more than once is pretty lame. There's really no reason to keep that even in a remaster. None of it really surprises me but goddamn lol

Oh but they do! But only for Gym TMs. And by giving you 99 of them like we are playing a 2000s gen 3 romhack. (Because Gen 3 romhacks nowdays can make TMs infinite, which just makes it worse).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finally finished the NG+ bonus boss in Blasphemous and with it the NG+ run before SMTV arrived, which I initially dropped until I realized Tiento to her Thorned Hairs is broken af got gud.

Now the question is whether to go beat the final boss for the Penitence reward or leave a otherwise complete savefile for when the last DLC drops in December.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

hatty posted:

Which Demon would you go on a road trip with? I’d of course choose Mothman

The correct answer is our lord and savior Lucifrost.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm having an issue with my Switch that's scaring me a little. Since today every time I load SMTV undocked the Switch suddenly starts rumbling and making a lot of noise for quite some time. Is that just the game overclocking the Switch so it can load everything or is it an actual problem with the fans? It only happens inmediately after starting and then stops after a bit but it never did that before even with SMTV.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The REAL Goobusters posted:

My switch also makes fan noises sometimes. Launch model

The thing is, sometimes I do notice the inner workings making a bit of noise, but it's like very faint. That said I'm starting to wonder if it's related to docking because I now realize every time it happenned was after I played the Switch docked then took it out, and after that noise happens it stopped and I played without problems. Maybe it's just the Switch not properly switching back to handheld so the fans overclock like it's docked or smth?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Weedle posted:

my fan is also loud for a bit when i switch from docked to handheld but i don't think it's a problem, i'm pretty sure it's just letting the processor cool down from running in high clock mode. after a minute or two it goes back to normal. my switch has never "rumbled" in the dock or otherwise though, that sounds bad

Oh it didn't rumble in the dock. What I mean is I picked it up handheld and the fan started loud and suddenly I did notice vibration on the joy-cons, but as I said it stopped. Normally I just played handheld but wanted to see the game in better resolution since I had the TV free.+

I guess I'll just try to see if it was just the processor cooling down or an actual problem, it's probably the first but I have serious paranoia and fatalism problems, my posts last summer when my Switch hard-shut down prove it (I just had to soft reset the console)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

wow ive seen bait but that bait takes the cake

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sadly I can't check because the barcode sticker of my Switch fell off a long time ago so no idea of the serial number.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Can you guys guess when I went on leave? :v: Not showing my most played cause it's embarrasing and wrong, the reccomendations are on point tho.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

For me aiming peaked at the Wii, even if it wasn't a 1:1 transfer pointing a stick at the TV felt natural.

Gyro is still good though, anything that frees you from using the right stick so you can stay on face buttons is good by default.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Agree. I'd point out the individual demon dlc are sliiiightly cheaty because they're better than the demons in their range with stronger skills but not so much they break the gameplay. Maybe Cleopatra, she's kinda busted in both ways. The Fiends are cool Nocturne callbacks and boss fights and really fill up a demon race that barely has demons without DLC and are real cool for when you're supposed to get them.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Bust Rodd posted:

OLED switch vs base switch is the difference between the Gameboy Advance and the Gameboy Advance SP. If you’re old enough to remember what Im talking about, then the choice is clear.

So a must-have improvement for your poor eyes and pockets then?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm half tempted to get it just from sheer nostalgia, the second GB game was one of my first videogames ever ever. Even if I remember never getting past stage 2.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Just reading about that is making me think about uninstalling the free trial, there's scum practice and there's charging you 50 bucks for a F2P mode game.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Actually both Oracle games are good and top tier Zeldas better than Breath of the Wild.

Granted I just have a personal peeve against BotW, and unlike many others I can admit it's a great Zelda. Just not for me.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Ugh, yesterday I brought my switch to my friend's house to play and while we were playing docked we suddenly started to hear a buzz and I though "huh, his neighbours are noisy" but then it turned out it was my switch making a ridiculous amount of noise again and I had to turn it off to stop, when usually it's enough to go to the home menu and put it in sleep mode. I think I might have to check it out somewhere...

If only I didn't lose the serial code sticker to check if it's an old hackable model, then I could buy an OLED and sell it to someone else.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

cohsae posted:

P sure you can see your serial number in the settings menu if you're willing to turn it back on

...why does no guide I found ever mention that? And it turns out it's fine on that matter, makes sense since it's a launch Mario Odyssey edition Switch.

I have no fear to turn it on because the weird thing is, that poo poo only ever happens once after turning it on/leaving it to sleep after some time, if I let it rest it plays for hours with minimal noise (as in, the normal amount you can hear when pressing the console up your ear)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

American McGay posted:

Old Switches are loud. Unless you hear like actual grinding then it's just fine. If you're embarrassed by how loud it is you can try shooting some compressed air into the vents.

I'm not sure if it's a grinding noise or just an extremely loud fan, and it also heats up a bit but as a launch Switch that might be normal.

The weirdest thing is besides intensive games the other thing that triggers the noise is... the Youtube app. Which also crashes a lot, so it might just be so lovely it takes more resources than loving Metroid.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Morpheus posted:

My (launch) switch started whirring just after I turned it on, whether I was playing something or not. If I rotated it on the x axis the whirring would change and get worse/better, so I'm pretty certain it's a fan that's just a little loose. Considering that I've dropped it a few times, I'm not surprised.

Anyway, was thinking of opening it up and poking around, but decided instead to get an OLED and give my old one to a friend. OLED is nice but I've yet to get a screen protector and I'm treating it with velvet gloves until I do.

Oh. Oh! That... might actually be it. On 2020 I managed to knock down my Switch from when it was at my desk because I'm big and unaware of my dimensions and it fell on the floor breaking the right Joycon (the joystick flew away and the R button stopped working), but since it fell on the joycon I never linked that to the fan noise. I guess I could check it out somewhere since I don't plan on getting a new model until they announce an actual Switch "Pro" or the next gen.

I guess I'm too used of Nintendo consoles being made of Orichalcum: my GC once fell from like 2m up because the Mario DDR mat had a too short cable and was fine besides the memory card breaking, and a friend of mine once left his GBASP on his pants, which went into the washing machine. And it still worked despite the water inside the screen.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

As someone who loved Golden Sun as a kid, while the story is crap and bloated, and the gameplay is braindead easy (which tbh made it a good entry RPG) it looked good for a GBA game and the puzzles were great; and I blame anyone who complained about them for the modern trend of RPG dungeons returning to being loving boring hallways/labyrinths with nothing interesting besides encounters and chests.

Edit: That being said Dark Dawn is just bad.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 19, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Maybe you should actually work on doing something to stop union-busting and promote healthy work environments and the punishing of vile acts instead of moralizing about beying videogames on a dead gay comedy forum in a society where "Don't buy things!!!" only has an impact if you can convince hundreds of thousands of people to do so.

Not to mention the fact that unless I completely misunderstood everything the whole deal is on Nintendo of America, you know, the country famous for having considered unions communist scum and traitors to the country for decades. Which of course means the solution is that you americans all import from Europe/Japan, problem solved.

Edit: And to make this post less dumb I'm playing 13 Sentinels on my switch and I like it and I like the cute time-travelling yakisoba pan loving dude who still hasn't accepted he's bi.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Read After Burning posted:

:yeah:

I mean, Yuki (the sukeban girl) is actually the best character, but "bi yakisoba pan dude" is a close second place. :colbert:

I still haven't played her introduction, but her and the delinquent guy are cool. Worst character so far is the "best friend" at the beggining who brainwashes protagonist guy.

man nurse posted:

This is me with Pokémon Legends except I got to the very first town and barely did anything before not touching it since

Mood. I feel like it's depression + fan anxiety on my case, had a terrible week on Easter for my anxieties.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm gonna wait before buying Pyramid Scheme since I have 13 Sentinels and both Pokemon and both Xenoblades to go (since I probably wanna finish them before 3).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really like Ni no Kuni 1's setting and gameplay when I played it years ago.

Then I unlocked the monster system and inmediately dropped it because it made combat unplayable for me holy poo poo.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So I just finished all the storylines in 13 Sentinels that I could do without doing the RTS segments.

It... sure is a plot. People weren't kidding saying what amounts to major plot twists in other stories get dropped casually at introductions. Now I gotta do the battles to see more plot, I don't want to be left hanging!

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Dpulex posted:

but y get rid of the best part of the game.

If you want a vn with a good story then fata morgana is right there

It was partially a joke. I just saw that doing plot gave me money for upgrades and decided to see how much plot I could do without fighting (as it turns out, around 50% according to the stats).

Can't really form an opinion on combat yet since I did only 1 mission for the tutorials and haven't got the hang of it yet. Still not sure which mech gens are better for which enemies beyond "AOE for small frys, Nenji for armored, 4th gen for Aerials?". I also read on upgrades that they go to 999 for skills so I guess they increase slowly and I should go for Terminal upgrades for more score and unlocking moves?

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The SP was real cool. I had a friend who left it on his pants which his mum washed without checking. The console still worked despite having water inside the screen, 10/10 Nintendium.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The whole Zelda debate is basically a broad vs focused design preference. In Breath of the Wild (and in a minor sense ALBW), you have total freedom on where to go at any moment and can do everything, even the endgame, right after the tutorial area... but because you can do everything at any time, the devs have to design the content around the stuff you have right after the beggining, and anything else you can get is completely optional or, at most, reduces significantly the difficulty. In BotW you ultimately do stuff because you want to, not have to (which is also the policy for most Nintendo first parties tbh).

Older Zeldas followed a more focused design where you have a critical path to follow and a bit of exploration in the overworlds. As a result dungeons and the such are more involved because the devs know exactly what you will have. But the lack of freedom can be a turn off for players and feel like you are just following a checklist and a line.

It's up to personal taste. For me I dislike Breath of the Wild because I don't really have a drive for exploring and I actually really enjoy getting new gimzos in my Zelda games, and also my attention span is null but also likes completing things so open worlds either bore me or drive me insane with collectables. But I won't deny BotW is a great game and people who like it have good taste. It's just not mine, I've never even got past the Plateau surroundings.

That said the comment about new paths or treasures in ALBW is dumb AF, in both it and ALTTP you either have the item and can do it or don't have the item and have to come back later, the only difference is in ALBW you can go get it earlier but woe is you if you need multiple items (and I'm pretty sure there's stuff that needs multiple which requires buying them after Dark World).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I really gotta get over my RPG missables anxiety and just play both games before 3 comes out. And completely ignore the affinity board cause that will drive me insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

American McGay posted:

They're old games.

I mean, if you call a sequel and an Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Fire Emblem Edition old games, I guess every game is now Old with capital O.