Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Genesis does what Nintendont

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's cause Yoshi's Island is better.

In no order...

Chrono Trigger, FFVI, Link to the Past, Super Metroid, Yoshi's Island. Arguably my favorite SNES games and Super Metroid is something else because I only played that for the first time a couple of years ago. That game is a GOAT.

Edit: I could squeeze out Chrono Trigger for Kirby Superstar. Maybe. I resonated more with FFVI emotionally, though I think a very good case could be made for CT being better.

Earthbound p good

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Battling is too hard ultimately. Great game otherwise.

So drat charming.

Mister Facetious posted:

The SNES really needs a top 10 to fit more of the good poo poo that I want.

Top 5's are for garbage consoles like the Genesis.
Fact post

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Stux posted:

botht eh snes and mega drive have lots of good games that i enjoy

shut up idiot

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Stux posted:

youve just signed your death certificate

see u at gooncon bitch

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Neddy Seagoon posted:

If you think Doki Doki Literature Club is just a saccharine visual novel with dating/sex/whatever, it's not. It's really not. To explain more would spoil it, but there's a very specific point where it will drop the other shoe and things start getting very... interesting from thereon.

The only real concern to raise about it is maybe don't play it if you're in a bad mental headspace. It gets real dark.

All anime is terrible trash and I’ve never played a dumb visually novel except Doki Doki.

It was really cool and I had a great time.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I saw a mudcrab once.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
I store mine between my cheek and gum.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Yeah at least with Steam in those situations you can always redownload the purchase. New people just can't buy it.

Like for example a bunch of the old TellTale games stuff. I bought a ton of it back in the day and its still all available to download, just not listed on the store.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Feels Villeneuve posted:

the funniest thing are the literal empty boxes containing nothing but a download code for a) grandma to get as a christmas gift for Timmy, or b) the brain-wormed people who simply must have physical boxes for everything including download-only games

I bought cuphead like that on my Xbox. It was the same price so whatever.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

DildenAnders posted:

Does anyone know where to get a legit N64 Switch controller? It seems like scalpers cleaned them out within minutes of restocking. I will begrudgingly pay a scalper more than $50 to get one, but I don't want to get completely scammed with a fake/broken controller.

https://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/accessories/nintendoswitchaccessories/

Just set up an alert man. That’s how I got mine last year. Looks like they were in stock for almost a full day on June 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

American McGay posted:

Technically a full day can be measured in minutes.

“Looks like the scalpers cleaned them out within 960 minutes.”

He’s not being too full of poo poo. If you go back in the stock history there’s lots of like 20 minute to an hour stock times.