Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Ground loving floor. gently caress the expansion pack till they add button remapping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

BOTW still official Switch GOTC. Game of the century.

https://i.imgur.com/YnpBImy.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/KsOf3Qx.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/3TGAZzy.mp4

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dud root posted:

What's a good Pokemon for someone who has literally never played one?

I want to explore an rpg puzzle island and collect them all, but the combat never looks very appealing

Let’s go Pikachu or Evee is baby’s first Pokémon. They’re honestly not that bad though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

100YrsofAttitude posted:

OP is really keeping up such a good first post. It’s genuinely informative. Thanks for all the effort!

Beat PICROSS S1. Bought Sega Picross. I may lose some QoL when I go back to two, but I like pixel art and the music is supposedly good. I know poo poo about Sega though aside from Streets of Rage.

I rewarded him with a 5 vote. I usually 1 these threads but his :effort: post changed my cold black heart.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Arc Hammer posted:

How was that Ubisoft space game that had the Starfox crossover where you hunt down Wolf?

It was kinda meh but it sorta scratched the itch.

https://www.amazon.com/Starlink-Battle-Atlas-Nintendo-Switch-Starter/dp/B07DF43L23/

I’ve seen this for $10 before. The plastic arwing ship is actually really cool if you’re a collector nerd.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Harriet Carker posted:

I actually ended up disliking Dread because it's a ridiculously linear game disguised as an open game. The item progression and especially teleporter location constantly funnels the player toward the next objective, and the game frequently blocks once opened doors to prevent backtracking.

I am surprised to see so many people praising how open it feels.

I had a similar opinion but it didn’t bother me in the slightest, game was still a blast to play. The sequence breaking is there for the speed runners and gamers looking for a challenge.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kirby looks great, I’m all in.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Chikimiki posted:

Is there a goon recommended travel case for the OG Switch? Thanks!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0711K97BS/

Screen protector recommended if you need that too:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N3ASPNV/

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kirby and the forgotten land will be Switch Game of the Year.

Because BOTW2 is getting delayed into 2023.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Honestly, I can “hear” him as Luigi listening to him speak in this interview. But Chris Pratt as Mario? gently caress me I still can’t see how that’s going to work…

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Phantom Hourglass had that one infuriating 4th wall puzzle that required you to close the clamshell DS in order to stamp a map or some poo poo and they give you barely any hint about what you’re supposed to do.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

glassyalabolas posted:

Target is doing a B2G1 sale. Includes Arceus so I picked that up with NMH3 and Superstars.

Looks like you can flip some of these over to digital version as well.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Fly Ricky posted:

What is this? I understand the seizure post more than that pic.

In the middle of the video he makes the insane argument that the booster pack offers less value per track than the original Mario Kart 8 DLC. Honestly, it’s worth playing the video and skipping ahead to that part to hear his math justification for it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

endocriminologist posted:

Looks like splatoon 4

Spla4th

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Yeah, Octo Expansion is worth full price. As a freebie with online, bonus.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We better google up nude Star Fox Adventures to be sure.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I, Butthole posted:

Despite having Breath of the Wild to play for the first time I keep either spending time in Kirby or multiple hours a day playing Picross

Send help, or other puzzle games that are switch exclusive

Smart move, once you start BOTW, you’ll never want to play anything else. Make sure to get the full DLC for it if you haven’t already.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

mistermojo posted:

(especially the water temple)

:catstare:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Augus posted:

just noticed that Kirby 64 is rated T now
lol

It’s pretty much a vore fetish simulator, it should be M or AO at this point.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

nrook posted:

What are people’s favorite bite-size action games? Hyrule Warriors was definitely good for that; just play one giant adventure mode map, hope you didn’t forget the conditions for A rank, and you’re good. Broforce too, which I remember used to get recommended all the time in this thread.

There was a DS game I remember being best-in-class for this: “Bangai-O Spirits”. I don’t think there’s a game I’d rather see a Switch port of.

Stardew Valley

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Rabelais D posted:

Mario Strikers is a cool game, fun to pick up and play for a match or two.

Unfortunately it's even more content-light than Tennis Aces was, as there's no single player adventure or career mode at all.

Mechanically it's probably not even as deep as Tennis Aces either, but they seem to have built a robust online club mode that should give it some multiplayer legs.

Maybe some day when all the free DLC is released and it’s on sale for half off. (Though honestly, maybe not even then.)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mega64 posted:

Stardew Now

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1536408067876835330

Stardew Valley owns, hell I'm in the middle of a playthrough that got kinda derailed thanks to Crystal Project and FF5, but it's still a great and chill experience with tons of content that's been added over the years.

Can’t recommend playing this enough, especially if you have an online sub, though honestly the game is worth every penny. Split screen couch co-op farming with your family/friends is amazing.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:siren:
When Reggie speaks, we listen!

https://www.cnet.com/google-amp/news/reggie-fils-aime-on-nintendos-past-and-video-gamings-future/

Seriously though, this is a great article about his time at Nintendo and some good questions are asked, including the Vitality Sensor…

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1538629749089751040?s=20&t=64rBZFDE7Q7zkr0ba-Fl2A

This price happens maybe once a year at Costco, buy up to $300 eshop credit for $240!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

There are achievements on Switch, they’re in-game though. Tab over to it.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

They’ll remake Chrono Trigger into a full on 3D action RPG and it will be four installments long but this time you can save Magus instead of killing him.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I have no faith in Square remastering Chrono Trigger into anything. They’ll farm it out to that lovely mobile developer like they did with Secret of Mana and it will be phoned in, pun intended.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I picked up Xenoblade 3 just now.

It’s good.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I’m a few hours into XBC3 and it’s still good.

There was a communal co-ed bath scene and it wasn’t horny, in a JRPG no less. Never thought I’d see the day.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Luigi givin his bro a tug.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Steam Deck is amazing but the Switch OLED screen is so much better looking. But both are great and compliment each other very nicely.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

I'm sick at home and kinda want a new chill explorey adventure game to play that's cheap someone recommend something to me.

TBH what I want to do is erase BOTW from my brain and just play that again but I just about wrapped up my second playthrough a few weeks ago so I need something that scratches the same itch.

Start a third play through.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I love my Deck and my Switch but I will say this. The Deck is definitely a dummy thicc chonky boy and it’s weird when you switch (heh) back to the slimmer sleeker lightweight Switch after a while of playing the Deck.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Carts will also always have better sales than digital copies as stores look to discount to move product off shelves. Then there’s the whole used game market too if you like to play a game, beat it, then sell it for the next one.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dpulex posted:

Castlevania 64 is better than most think

:hai:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PageMaster posted:

Backed off on the idea of getting a new oled switch, and then made the unfortunate mistake of buying my kid disney dream light valley so I may not be able to get the TV when splat 3 comes out. Figured I could maybe get another dock and use my monitor upstairs, only to find out that they don't come with the AC adapter and prices seem to be a joke. OLED switch looking more and more like the rational decision!

Is Disney dream light valley basically animal crossing in the Disney Princess-verse?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PageMaster posted:

Yup, so far exactly that just wrapped in a little more of a story and story "gates" that lock out new areas (also quests and a quest log). You create a character and are dropped into the world (basically your island) that's been invaded by the forgottening ( "just bad magic") that caused all the disney characters to forget everything. You're basically doing all the same things as in animal crossing, but for more plot reasons now (for example, you're interacting and making friends with the characters to help them regain their memories). Most of these tasks to help people are, again, just the same as in animal crossing (mine x minerals, break x rocks, catch x fish, plant x crops, harvest x apples, cook x meals, etc.). You also get a house of course and can buy outfits, disney furniture, wallpaper, etc. Only big downside so far is my kid is only 4 and can't read; I was hoping the game would just drop her into the world and let her do anything she wanted, but unlike Animal Crossing where it's getting the tools to unlock new areas (ie: ladder), there are areas "blocked" by the bad magic that need a certain amount of exp to open up so I get to read all the dialogue to her and needed to knock out some of the quests for her, since she can't navigate to the quest log or read it yet, to get to the first new area.

Is there micro transactions, gacha hell, or other such nonsense?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The Switch Pro controller is an engineering marvel. It’s comfy as hell, good sticks, buttons, and dpad. The battery lasts a month on a single charge. And most importantly it’s not trying to do way too much like Sony.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

E: dumb response