Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Pretty good OP, OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Willo567 posted:

Is N64 emulation extremely bad, because most people on here say it's fine and serviceable

Welcome to Nintendo County, where everything is either the best or the worst. We don't do "good" here.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Consider that Sega games are mostly garbage whereas Nintendo games are mostly not garbage

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Healbot posted:

*pouring over NSO+* hmm this N64 library is 100% trash, and Genesis has Contra

:wrong:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

actually thanks for closing the thread and making a new one that won't crash my mobile explorer

Use the awful app it's actually good!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Never! I will never use more convinient means, until I do and slap myself for not changing earlier! You can't force me!

I get it, I didnt start using the app until earlier this year and felt the same way until I did!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

SpicyPete posted:

SMTV is reviewing worse than Forza, rip switch

Has anyone checked the thumbs up/thumbs down ratio yet????

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
It's the weekend and I'm gonna play the gently caress outta some metroid dread!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
where's the lie?

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
A microwave can be really versatile if you use it correctly but 99% of people just smash the "add :30 sec" button a few times and nuke poo poo at high temp

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Uh does being 32 make me old? Huh. Certainly don't feel that way.

Anything past 25 means you're as old as dust

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Dieting Hippo posted:

gen 5 has literal garbage as a pokemon, who is also one of the best pokemon.

I didn't know they made a Pokémon based on my post history

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Twelve by Pies posted:

Now that the rerelease of HeroQuest is out, there is no need for any other board games, as HeroQuest is the best game ever made.

Mine showed up today, I am excited to open it up and look at everything and read the books and then put it in the closet to never actually play. Worth it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Imma switch twitcher like my pa and his pa before that

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I was so tempted to get a white oled switch this morning but cooler heads and empty wallets prevailed. Plus I know Nintendo and they will for sure release a themed one at some point and maybe by then I'll be more apt to try and find one then.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I 100% 64 and Sunshine but never even booted up Galaxy, I should probably do that sometime as I do enjoy that game a lot.

Fallom posted:

It was funny seeing piles of Animal Crossing Switches while I was out looking for a white OLED, given how desperate people were to get them

Yeah that's why I'm not worried about getting one in the future, I'm only tempted since the power port on my launch one is starting to get wonky and as far as I can tell the only way to replace it requires soldering and that's a step too far for me to attempt. I know at some point I will be able to walk into a big box store and find them on the shelf.

ONE YEAR LATER fucked around with this message at 13:45 on Nov 18, 2021

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Have you updated each joycon? That might help with the connectivity issue. And I highly recommend doing a stick replacement yourself, it's cheap (you can get kits on Amazon that come with 4 replacement sticks and all of the tools/replacement screws for like $25) and it takes about an hour to do both, but I get that some people aren't comfortable with that kind of project. I just followed a YouTube of a guy taking them apart and it was really easy and straightforward.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Bust Rodd posted:

That’s an $80 fanny pack

It's a European carry all!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

This paired with cargo shorts and you can carry enough games to survive on any island or deciduous forest.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I like turning Nintendo first party game covers around since they all have dope artwork on the inside and I throw them in a box in the closet anyway and keep my carts in a hard snap binder thing I got from Walmart for $15.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Books are good

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Ah time for the monthly "is BotW actually good" discussion. :sickos:

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
In 2020 and 2021 the day I played the most was both July 3, gotta try and keep the streak going into 2022

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
As with most directs I saw a number of games I am interested in and I will probably forget about them by the time they are released.

e: :monocle: :spooky: :argh: :(

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Metroid Dread is good even if it took me 45 minutes to get one of those power ups. Kinda wanna go back and replay the previous games in the series but I also kinda want to go back and replay Metroid Prime. What's a nerd to do?!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Two things to know that aren't pointed out in the game, if you boost directly into a slope you will run up it while maintaining your shinespark. And if you're space jumping while in shinespark mode you can cancel the animation by hitting y and then immediately hitting b to activate it so you can boost mid-fall if the timing is correct.

You can also speed boost while in morph ball mode.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
No, you can build up a shinespark by running, then go into morph ball mode, and then boost as a ball. I apologize for bring unclear in my other post.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
You have 5 seconds after storing a shinespark to use it before it will wear off.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I'm playing A Short Hike and it's fun and charming and has made me feel better when I play it, I feel like I have a depressive stretch coming up and maybe I can avoid it if I'm proactive. Lots to talk about at therapy this week, that's for sure.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Triple Tryhard

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
This is a betrayal on levels no one's ever seen

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I have no idea why people hate Diablo 3 because I've played all 3 and there's no discernable difference.

But the meta!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
All this Diablo talk and now I wanna listen to the Tristam music on a loop. Those guitar strings heck yes

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Captain Toad and the DLC is on sale on Amazon, I suggest everyone in the thread buy it

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I forgot about the NSO Captain Toad thing but also I like physical so I still bought a copy

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I think you'll find that Animal Crossing isn't F2P and cost $60

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
When are they gonna get to the ya-huck factory?!

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
I've had a switch since launch day and I have never plugged it into a TV, I never even took the dock out of rhe box. Handheld all the way, all the time.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler
Glad to see true gamers going to bat for the banjo soundtrack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Junkie Disease posted: