Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Less than 6 hours until Mario RPG digital release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watching an online friend play Mario RPG on original SNES https://twitch.tv/aurorapeachy they are a Mario RPG super fan, this is one of their favorite games ever so they are completely over the moon levels of hyped for the remake.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SettingSun posted:

I'm ready to refresh my knowledge about timed hits.

Remake will have an option that will help you with timing your hits!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This has been a great year for Mario.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nintendo just didn't try, and they will be judged harshly when it is time for them to face their god.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bowmore posted:

You say that but I got lost with savestates and quit out of frustration

Noooo! Give it another try. I was able to finish Super Metroid, so you can for sure do it too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Samus Teaches Typing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A 3rd party Switch game running 60fps is nuts to me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gameshark making a comeback is only awesome if they are able to go back to their days of providing ways to cheat in single player games. But the chances of that happening in your modern day extremely locked down current gen consoles, is 0%.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i bet this is just them making poo poo up to get people talking about their lovely product and they don't have any real idea when switch 2 is coming

Yeah pretty much, unless you're a massive game publisher or big time indie dev, you are not working with Switch 2 dev kits right now or have any sort of contact with someone at Nintendo who would tell you about Switch 2. I do still think we are probably getting a new Nintendo console, like 90% confident in it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

At least Ghost of Tsushima was really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TotK was too easy imo, but I didnt mind, just wanted to explore.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

zelda for the win

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

god drat you lol

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Sorry you must enjoy JRPGs and Xenoblade Chronicles X to be my life insurance beneficiary.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I forgot how wild some of these old RPGs were back in the 80s / early 90s. One of the Ultima games (the first one even?) has you going to space in a space shuttle (remember this is in a fantasy setting) and then flying ships from Star Wars.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Wildtortilla posted:

What came of that podcast? I’m Out off the loop. Is Microsoft done with consoles?

No, they are working on a new next gen console currently, but that is still years out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mister Facetious posted:

Lmao doesn't even have start and select buttons wtf

But it plays Doom, so where is your god now? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt4StVKLLdI

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Princess Peach Showtime looks really great, I am excited to play it.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

Im not getting the Princess Peach game at launch so I guess I better go pick up my chud licenses from the governors office

No need, it will be mailed to you.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Snake Maze posted:

I refuse to buy the Princess Peach game because of my staunch anti-monarchist views.

Honestly this is a valid view.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

video games incoming

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

90sgamer posted:

The mighty Microsoft has now been relegated to making games for Nintendo

What a timeline

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinite Wealth has the better Pokemon game anyways.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That character design is tame for a Vanillaware game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Fair but even that is held back. True Vanillaware design would be the breasts are 3/4th of the character and they are used for fighting. In Muramasa Demonblade, they let you play a character that turns into a raccoon dog and fight with their huge testicles. So it goes both ways for Vanillaware.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SkeletonHero posted:

That's backwards, you play as a cat that can transform into a girl, a monster cat, or a normal cat, and you are fighting the tanuki's testicles as a boss fight. The testicles are disguised as a haunted mansion and all the spirits contained within including a married couple with stretchy necks and walking butts with eyes where the buttholes should be. You are doing this because you need the tanuki's help to transform into a more convincing girl so you can seduce the samurai who killed your owner and then eat him whole, which (spoiler) you successfully do and are thus allowed into Cat Heaven for avenging your family.

This is a side story that largely has nothing to do with the real plot of the game.

Huge respect for the fact that you remember all of this because I havent played the game in years. The story is insane but really good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

otter posted:

My kids have been saying that too. I hate it. I’ve also been told (by them) that EVERYONE else has a phone and can watch TikTok to their hearts content, and EVERYONE else in the 6th grade is going to Costa Rica for spring break so I’m the worst for not plopping down $5k to send a dumbass 11 year old to a foreign country where they don’t speak the language etc.

Jesus I feel so out of touch now at almost 40 years old. BACK IN MY DAY, we didn't have social media, or smartphones. The iPhone was still four years away when I graduated high school.

Now someone is gonna chime into this thread and be like, "the NES was still brand new when I entered my retirement home."

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 4, 2024

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Chronojam posted:

Yo what the gently caress, I do not remember that at all but this was Wii-era so maybe I missed something like fifteen years ago. iirc you were either a ninja or a princess.

Ooh yeah if you played just the Wii version, you missed some crazy stuff that was added only in the Vita remaster.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

biceps crimes posted:

Yuzu created some of the most smug posters on the internet around the release of TOTK. owned.

I remember the Metroid Dread stuff and people constantly feeling the need to point out that the game ran better on emulator.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Honestly Nintendo is not in the wrong on this one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

This is the one F-Zero I didn't like. Would really love a remaster of F-Zero GX.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

PageMaster posted:

My kid have up on peach game because of the garbage cake decorating, and not in about to. So you gotta do every cake on the same go through, and on a time crunch, and not they like your frosting so if you rub out you automatically fail? tHIS is the game they needs a pity skip but f no helpor tricks to cheat? It physically takes all the frosting to do the first two cakes so there's nothing left for the third. And literally no way to progress?!

Actually id be fine just as ong asthere's enough sparkles in the other levels to still beat the game and we'll just move on past this door

I don't understand.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

When was Silksong first announced? Was the game then scrapped and started all over again?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Birdetta is an icon and one of my favorite Mario characters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Aware posted:

My wife loves Nintendo platformers but has played out everything I have from SNES era to Wonder and the DKC games. Rayman Legends was on a steep discount so I got that and she hates it. What should I try next?

Uh excuse me, how does someone not like Rayman Legends? :colbert:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah! Just Hollowknight is one of the best metroidvania's ever, and Silksong looks amazing.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Meowywitch posted:

videogames are sin

dont say that about our admin please

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Dread was alright but nothing holds up to Super Metroid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Andorra posted:

Is it adding anything new? If it's just adding things to make it easier like hints, more saves, easier backtracking, and bigger inventory, I might as well just play the version I already have.

Is it actually adding all of these things though?