Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

16 bit? Back when we was kids we only got a single bit on Christmas, as a treat
And we had to share it!

Mega64 posted:

48 COURSES

YOU CAN ALL SHUT THE gently caress UP NOW

I was wondering what they could do in MK9 that would change up the gameplay enough to call it a proper sequel.
This…. They don’t have to change the gameplay up at all but you get an entire game’s worth of tracks on top of the ones you already have, so it’s an interesting side step.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

Endorph posted:

. mother 3 isnt getting localized cause nobody at nintendo gives a poo poo about it. mother 1 got tl'd because it has like 12 lines of dialogue and earthbound gets rereleased because its already translated

Pretty much this, M3 fan patch was a massive translation project and the nitty gritty of displaying text had to be built from the ground up.

are: Live A Live / FM 1+2 … I think this is an “Interest Check” release like ActRaiser was a few months back.. if they want to produce a sequel they’re this is how they know how many fans are carrying the torch for these moribund series:

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

b_d posted:

they don't count as people.

It’s their job to have an opinion, which makes their opinion untrustworthy.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they are all deluding themselves into thinking Nintendo would choose a name as lame as the Switch Pro...

Nintendo Switch Gold

Nintendo Switch Select

Nintendo Switch Hub

Nintendo ⭐️NEW⭐️Switch

Anyway, I’d be surprised if it wasn’t just an updated nvidia soc and they kept backwards compatibility

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Feb 12, 2022

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

AlternateNu posted:

The best console to jailbreak for retro Nintendo games on your TV is no poo poo the SNES classic.

Desolder the eeprom chip on thine Game & Watch and replace it with something that's 64 times the capacity. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJGfn17yQp8

so very tiny and not very big at all.

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Feb 17, 2022

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

Snake Maze posted:

Most of the time when the game comes up it’s the Dragon Quest fans who recommend putting the game on auto. It’s true that you also have the option of spending 140 hours manually selecting “attack” if you find that more entertaining, though.

But if I'm on auto, why am I watching attack animations? Suddenly I'm playing Bravely Default and just watching numbers go up.

And then I'm once again faced with

1. JRPGs are a beloved childhood genre.

2. This genre isn't for me.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!
^
e: ah, beat me to it.

Red eyes are more of a necessity, not enough pixels to distinguish lower eyelids and pupils if they're all gray, so they put in a tiny glowy red blur in the form of single glowing dot.

Drac here looks like he's just Had It, though. He might be undead, but he's dead inside, too.
Also, a lot more Japanese than Hungarian.

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!
actually, us real gamers prefer to use a CRT like a pipboy for that true retro experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnU10ZfRO9Y

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

The Kins posted:

In "I'm honestly surprised this didn't happen like 35 years ago" news, Nintendo has acquired SRD Co Ltd. If you're wondering "literally who?", they're a programming company that's contributed code to the vast majority of games Nintendo has made since the NES days (they outright programmed the NES Marios and Zeldas!) and their headquarters was literally inside of Nintendo's.

explained in an Iwata asks, too
https://web.archive.org/web/20110203071512/http://us.wii.com/iwata_asks/mario25th/vol5_page1.jsp

Don’t have to do profit sharing with contractors, even if they ship 50 million copies :argh:

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!

Trucker Hat posted:

The SNES vs Genesis Shadowrun talk from a few pages ago made me realize that SNES Shadowrun was developed by Beam Software, the same team that made Nightshade on NES, Hunt for Red October on NES, Smash TV on NES & SNES, True Lies on SNES and Genesis...

It turns out a bunch of my favourite obtuse B-tier games are all related, and that's awesome!

Australian, known for ports and some original titles

Pays to always keep an eye on the named developer
https://youtu.be/fXZnf4dMMmk
6 minutes in: “Bad games don’t get made in a vacuum, there’s always circumstances. sometimes it’s at the behest of known scum-mongers like Acclaim”

https://youtu.be/Pzbh_00OKhU

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 24, 2022

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!
SMRPG is like ten / fifteen hours to 100%, right?

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!
Over the decades I made it 80% of the way through LoZ: Link's Awakening on several occasions, whether it be actual hardware, GBA, or emulators.
And now finally I'm playing the Switch remake and I might actually complete this game. The tweaks to the art direction are very charming. It's hard to be ponderously grimdark (Twilight Princess) when everyone looks like they're made of matte plastic.

I've said it before, I'll say it again - the 2D sections in the dungeons have the bones of a good follow up to Zelda 2. Like if they made an entire dungeon out of those 2D sections and had you that would be perfect.
I haven't played any of the Oracle games and there's probably some Shantae game that gives me everything I asked for but, I like the Link to the Past world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Jones
Jul 4, 2004

And we had to share it!
Tiny tile graphics reminds me of Micro Mages on NES https://youtu.be/VFX401vvKTQ?feature=shared
‘CRT filter’ must look very nice on oled display

Coffee Jones fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 17, 2024