Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

flavor.flv posted:

Buy an 8bitdo controller
I'm still rocking my SN30Pro+ over a year later, but I've had connection issues with it a few times and that can be pretty frustrating, so I'm wondering if I should replace it with a Pro controller one of these days. Being able to start the system without having to push its power button would be nice too :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I got the GTA remastered trilogy on Xbox and yeah, spend your money elsewhere

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1JJt7xHTlE

Yikes, and I thought it didn't run well on my Series X :ohdear:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm not far into it but Pokemon Pearl remake is good so far. I never played Diamond and Pearl back in the day but I did play Platinum and put a lot of time into it, so it's cool to go back to that gen of Pokemon.

It's pretty funny that when you interact with the Switch in your house the text reads that it's the "latest" game system lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Martman posted:

https://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-pro-controller/-/A-52180631

Target Pro Controller sale is live, Cyber Monday is confusing. Dunno if it'll actually sell out, but they don't really get cheaper than this so may as well go for it early if you were planning on getting one.
It sold out at Target but it's the same price at Walmart so I ordered one from there.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So I got my Pro Controller yesterday and it's so nice being able to wake my system from the controller :allears: SN30Pro+, you served me well, but you couldn't do that so RIP.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I just saw Benedetta a few days ago so now I'm imagining Platinum making a lesbian nun hack and slash game

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

John Wick of Dogs posted:

What's a ultimax
Isn't that the thing from Pokemon where they become huge

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Postman posted:

Did that come via e-mail or is there a link to see it?

Edit: Nvm, found it! https://switch.nintendo.com/year-in-review/ for anyone interested
I went to that link and am signed in but still don't see my stats :confused:

(On Chrome for iOS)

I already know my most played game is Animal Crossing, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is this even gonna run on the Switch? lol Didn't Hyrule Warriors run like poo poo?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t remember force unleashed looking this bad
Same with these Assassin's Creed games

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Kirby can eat anything

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Portal on Switch???

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

WOAH

Switch Sports :eyepop:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ahahahaha they made Dread even harder!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

No Zelda :smith:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Contemplating getting Doom 2016 on Switch because I love it so much on PC and want to be able to play it when the computer's in use. :thunk:

gently caress, Doom is so goddamned good. :black101:
It's good on Switch too! :) 30fps, but the Switch is able to handle it and it's awesome having a portable version of one of the best games in years.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

When does the normal E3 stuff happen, mid June? I assume that's when we'll be getting a direct and treehouse whatever.

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

I always associate June 6-10 with E3, but I don’t know if those dates correct or not.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4003245

June 2nd-13th

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That new Pokemon trailer looked like more of the same to me. Give it to me now. I will play minor variations on that same game forever.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I might've missed this part of the celebration stream but is this running on the FFVII Remake engine?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

American McGay posted:

The fact that it’s coming to Switch should answer that question for you.
That's what I thought at first too, but it sure looks like FFVII Remake and has the same UI and everything. Maybe it's on the same engine but the Switch version has a dramatically reduced resolution/30fps?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh poo poo, I just looked and apparently the FFVII Remake engine is UE4. According to this, there are several UE4 games on Switch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games#Unreal_Engine_4

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I would totally buy a Metroid Prime remaster for Switch. I didn't have a Gamecube when the game came out and only got to play a little of it on a friend's system. I've been hearing about how great a game it is for 20 years now and I should really get around to finally playing through it. A Switch remaster would do that for me.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Just watched the Direct. Nothing in it interested me. There was also nothing about Metroid Prime. I guess that's not technically 3rd party? If it's even happening at all lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sonel posted:

Someone set up us the bomb
For great justice take off every ZIG

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUzKpzjEj5U

There are Switch games that are sub-360p? :stare:

:lol: You can render Dusk at 160x90, holy poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So excited for Zelda: :qq: of the UK

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

biceps crimes posted:

i hate getting up

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

ChocNitty posted:

I was so wrong about AC Horizons. I thought it was a boring glorified wii walmart bargin bin game, but my gf compelled me to get it, and like many nintendo games, it’s deceptively deep. The amount of things to do in the game is truly impressive.
I just passed the 1,000 hour mark on it this month. I've done a lot of what there is to do in the game (though I still haven't gotten the DLC), but I still enjoy doing my little tasks almost every day. Every so often, villagers will leave and I'll have to find new ones, and I'm still seeing new villagers I never knew existed even after playing for this long.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

You put 1000 into AC:NH, and haven't even touched the DLC?!

:psyduck:

Oh, the game has so much to show you.
I love the base game but what I saw of the DLC (probably just the footage from the Direct when it was introduced) didn't look that interesting to me :shobon:

Maybe I'd like it though, idk. I'll have to get it one of these days and try it out.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

buying a switch not to play handheld is madness.
I rarely go anywhere where I'd use my Switch, so I've used mine handheld less than a handful of times in the past year :shobon: It mostly just stays on the dock at home.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I wanna buy a grip but ive put it off because im not sure what cases will fit certain grips and i use my switch outside the house a lot, anyone got any good recommendations for a grip and case that fits it well for me to haul around?
I have the Satisfye grip+case and it works really well, though I got it a couple years ago so it's an older version. I don't know what the current version is, but I'd definitely recommend the brand.

e: The current version is probably this one.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Oct 1, 2022

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

That didn't sound nearly as bad as I was anticipating

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm quite looking forward to playing the new Pokemon on my Switch next month. I guess you could also do that on a Steam Deck but only if you emulate. Idk though, can you run a Switch emulator on a Steam Deck? I don't own one so I'm not sure how powerful it is when it comes to emulators.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The framerate in BotW never once bothered me :shobon:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

bartlebee posted:

The gta trilogy is half off, is stable enough now to pay for to do a replay of vice city in handheld?
Idk how the Switch version is but I played through San Andreas on PS5 last month and it was very stable. I was surprised by how few bugs I had across the whole experience. Some of the character models still looked gently caress ugly, but other than that I had a real good time with it. I imagine they've probably done that same work to the Switch versions but I'm not sure.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Framboise posted:

Animal Crossing is a very smooth running game, yes. It feels like almost every Switch game has crappy framerates somewhere, but I don't recall it ever happening in that one.
It depends on what you've got going on in Animal Crossing. I have a beach full of gyroids, and every time I go past it, my framerate tanks :v: Though obviously not everyone's island is going to be the same.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

man nurse posted:

Lmao I preordered this
Same :shepspends:

Honestly, I'm not as concerned about the performance issues as I am about how loving much there seems to be to do in this one. I watched GameSpot's video review and now I'm watching the GameXplain one. Jesus Christ, 3 different campaigns? Challenge the gym leaders in any order and difficulty doesn't scale? I am gonna be doing so much goddamn grinding in this one, huh? lol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Skeezy posted:

I think exp share is on by default and it can’t be turned off so there’s no real need to grind.
Phew! That's how it worked in the DP remakes, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'll be playing it mostly docked, but I am going out of town next week for Thanksgiving and taking my Switch with me, so I guess I'll see how it performs in handheld then.