Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
XIII-2 contains Academia 400AF and therefore I must give it the lowest possible score a Final Fantasy game can get: "wait for sale"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I suspect that Delita is not meant to be read as sympathizing with Agrias, or any member or employ of a royal family.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

OneEightHundred posted:

Several jobs are just not very good at all, several are really tricky to get good equipment for later on, some of them are really good in ways that aren't obvious at all (i.e. permanent Brave boosting, inflicting Chicken status).

Not only that, but many jobs can actually be...kinda bad at their own job. Like most people playing the game probably have it in the back of their head somewhere that maybe thief is the best class for you know, thief skills. Or that orator is best at orator skills or whatever.

And then if you look at the actual math and it's like oh, monk is the best thief? And black mage is the best orator. And black mage is the best summoner. And black mage is the best mystic.

Fun fact - stat-wise orator is almost the absolute worst unit in the game at using its own skills.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

OneEightHundred posted:

And samurai is an ostensibly martial class with a big PA multiplier on top of otherwise-junky stats, except its job skills all scale with MA. :iiam:

Black Mage wins again :smugwizard:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I love it. It's like the lovely Silver Age comics where they had to make the cover well before they wrote the story, so it's all just nonsense trying to fit around the one part that already was made.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Guy who wrote the story is totally like, 'uh yeah then I fought like a dozen bandits and I totally just stopped the flow of time to defeat them'.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Leal posted:

I don't understand why people do this. I can't imagine reading a guide on discord is anything but completely frustrating. Do they make individual channels for what would be pages on a regular wiki?

I went to look up info for a mod on another game and no poo poo there is a notification on the top of the page saying all content was removed and if you want to see it join this discord.

Of course there's individual channels for everything, and you have to ask permission to join each one. It's pages of pages of servers you cannot actually chat in they're just there to show stuff like a wiki page would.

It's what the kids call Galaxy Brain.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
It's wild to me that there are big name games where there's no fan information sites or maybe at best a wikia with mostly blank pages, and then on the other side of the spectrum you have stuff like finding out a loving Monster Rancher site has been continually run and updated for over 20 years now. https://legendcup.com/index.php.

At the very least I suppose I support a Discord over Reddit. Or worse....Steam hubs

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Lotus Aura posted:

I don't know about a thread for general stuff, but this bit about FFV specifically reminded me of this wonderfully terrible old guide for playing the game Freelancer Only (ie not changing Jobs ever). Its listed... "strategy" for the final boss includes these wonderful sentences:

I also notice, as a general trend, more recent GameFAQs guides have a tendency to get directions completely wrong. So often it says to go left when it means right, or east but it should be west etc. and I just don't know how you can be so consistently wrong about something so basic.

I got stuck like that in Somnium Files. Basically there are timed puzzle portions and if you want an achievement you have to finish in the time allotted.

At one point I had three different guides open, none of which were correct. All of them were missing at least one step/got an instruction wrong/etc. but by combining three different websites I was able to make a correct one. And this was just for one puzzle that had like, maybe a total of 20 instructions.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1483191247036506112/photo/1

Deep pixel cleavage confirmed.

Spoiler it's Kefka.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Final Fantasy already contains the three pillars of music: Frank Sinatra, Ariana Grande, and Limp Bizkit.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
There's also mystels, and hrothgars. A cornucopia of cat peoples.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Where are all the dog people though? No one knows. Legend has it Full Metal Alchemist ruined that for everyone.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
https://twitter.com/AutomaticZen/status/1503948660165521410?s=20&t=nExqYTm9P0Zfw0qP14uyJQ

I can't believe they all have Guardian Forces.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Man, I want to know if other language versions of SoP are uh...let's say 'similar' to what I've seen of English SoP.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
SoP Bat vs 14 1.0 Flower Pot

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
The beauty of Buttrock is that it can be anything.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Ten years ago if you forced a bunch of nerds to define Buttrock they would probably agree to something along the lines of 'sanitized simplistic corporate radio poprock, with lyrics you could drop verbatim into a whiny country ballad and it would appeal to the exact same demographic'. Stuff like Kid Rock, Theory of a Deadman, etc.

In 2022 though you can just translate it as 'song (that may or may not be rock) that I do not take seriously'.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wait a minute if I rearrange the letters of her name they spell 'I Chaos'

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
He's just napping in a space coffin OP.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
They were going to meet outside, but they couldn't because the moon was raining monsters as it does. It was on the weather channel. I think. It's hard to see/hear whats going on because it's 95% The Magic Space Hitler Show. Back in the good old days when you got Local Weather on the 8's because time existed only slightly and linearly.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Oxxidation posted:

it's not great. 13-2 and LR were way more eclectic but that was to their benefit

still love how 13-2's got a frenetic electro remix for every field song, solely to play in the five seconds or so when you're about to enter a battle

LR has a slow Bluesy Chocobo song that only plays when the White Chocobo is at the lowest recovery level, so basically it exists to play one time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUY67Xm4ynA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Yeah, it's all the other languages who suck and are wrong.