Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This should be a quick and easy question:

I have a PS5 and the PS4 FFVII. It looks like I can download the PS5 version with Intergrade for free. I think this also comes with something called Intermission. Is this correct?

Do I have to start a new game to see this content or can I use my completed save to do this stuff? I'm guessing it is just some extra backstory before Rebirth?

How vital is Crisis Core to the story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I played through Intermission which was fine, I guess. Now I am doing Crisis Core and enjoying it quite a bit. After starting rebirth I wanted to know who these people were so am taking a detour.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
After doing a handful of "missions" in crisis core, I get the feeling that none of them contain any actual story content. They are safely skippable, right?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
That's what I thought. Just short little encounters you could do with a portable system. But nothing major. Thanks.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Man the missions in Crisis Core get hard. Level 6 seems to be the point where I am guessing you need to actually know what you are doing to consistently finish. I think I am just going to play through the rest of the story and then see if I get any new gear or skills that makes those doable.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I started rebirth. Got confused immediately. Decided to play crisis core. Then started rebirth again.

MUCH better.

I'm guessing they just assumed people played CC. Or there will be an explanation later. I'm just in chapter 1 so the game hasn't even started.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

fridge corn posted:

I have never played Crisis Core and I understood everything in Rebirth just fine

So you understood what was going on in the very first scene with Zack carrying Cloud towards midgar? Is that scene in the OG FF7? Because it definitely is not in FF7Remake and is part of Crisis Core.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I haven't played OG FF7.
I played FF7R and thought it was ok, but not great. In part because I didn't like Cloud.
I started rebirth and I was immediately confused by what was going on. A bunch of escapees were now dead. Cloud was getting dragged to the city by another dude. So I found out about Crisis Core and
I played Crisis Core and thought it was okay but liked Zack a lot.
I restarted FF7rebirth and it made much more sense and then I had to be Cloud again and am kind of annoyed.
I can't wait for Zack to show up again.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

SyntheticPolygon posted:

You should play OGFF7

I'll get to it eventually. I have it on various platforms.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is there a way to go 2nd in queens blood? Seems that going first immediately puts one at a disadvantage.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
A question about QB mechanics: I get that the area of effect will turn yours/your opponents squres to the opposite side. But this doesn't happen all the time. I've tried to turn opponent squares and nothing happen. What am I missing?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hm..that might be it.

I think I need better cards. That ventriloquist girl took a LOT of attempts to beat.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Have you looked at the US?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I just set it to easy because I find the combat so completely unfun. Mixing turn-based with action-based combat is just dumb. I mean, some people do like milk and pepsi, but I'll pass, thank you.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
If your party members were actually active during combat, it wouldn't be a big deal. But having to jump from member to member to activate and then use their skills is not good design. It's fine for turn based but in an action game it is needless micro-management.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I finished the Junon Fort Condor quests and it said to try hard mode. So I did.

Is this even possible? If so, how? Are there buffs or something you can get later? IDGI.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I like Roche.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

seiferguy posted:

I know it's a common refrain to hate Chadley but I didnt mind him that much.

Now, MAI on the other hand is super fuckin annoying yelling at me through my controller.

I feel like I made this post in my heart.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tifa. Swimsuit. Boobs. Jesus.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cait Sith.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
No idea how far into Rebirth I am. I'm guessing a little more than 1/2. This game is great.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Chocobo flying quest suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
uuuuuuuuccccckkkkkksssssssss

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Plowing through restaurant dining areas on a Segway as cloud strife while the EN voice for dimple from mob psycho screams at me from every corner NPC feels like a fever dream.

Wait what. You watched mob in English?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Just got to start of C12. Gotta love it when everything opens up and a bunch of new stuff gets dropped on you. I'm guessing after I am done with all this side crap it's end game, point of no return.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I haven't finished yet. Still in c12, but if Rebirth isn't GOTY this year, then this is the greatest year for games ever. I don't think there are 10 games that have ever been made that are on this level.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
drat. Just have 1 quest left. The mini games shinra middle manager one and fuuuuck. I had a feeling so i looked it up and it ends with the horrible boxing minigame. I don't think I have the patience for this poo poo. Really the worst part of this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I want Cloud to shove his sword deep into Elena, repeatedly. With lots of blood. Maybe even cut her head off. And then I want him to do it to Scarlet.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)