Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Complete_Cynic posted:

It looks like a retranslation again - the line from Greg ("I made an error in judgment!") in the Steam Screenshots doesn't match GBA or PS1.

Boo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Harrow posted:

Out of curiosity, what's lame about the mobile port aside from the awful graphics and UI? Were there mechanics changes?

There were changes to some of the logic that made the mobile port pretty bad for Fiesta-ing, but I can't remember off the top of my head what they were.

e: found this in an old Fiesta thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ff5fjf/comments/8l29r7/differences_between_mobile_iosandroidsteam_and/

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Only because of the Chicken Knife.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's not what that post says

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sakurazuka posted:

FF12 fucks

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ashe is the main character.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Twelve by Pies posted:

It is true that Barehanded/Amber Armlet are pretty well useless in XII, but hand bombs do have a use, they don't get an accuracy penalty in bad weather like bows do,

How did I never know this

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

jokes posted:

Protect and Shell are arguably the most important spells in the game (that aren’t Golem, Raise, or cure spells)

I think I had a White Mage once during a playthrough of FFV, maybe

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Super No Vacancy posted:

bravely default

This is the only real answer, honestly

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MachuPikacchu posted:

Did the Pixel Remaster mess with drop tables? I ask because I’ve been fighting Reflect Knights in the Barrier Tower for an hour without getting a single Reflect Ring.

I remember even in the GBA version I had a hell of a time getting Reflect Rings.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This joke video from the initial wave of Chaos memes honestly got me extremely hyped for the game for some reason

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

FFVIIR's "timecop bullshit" is the most exciting thing about it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Gaius Marius posted:

They're cousins

...And?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

"Is FFXV an example of toxic masculinity" - the greatest thread in the history of forums, locked by a moderator after 12,239 pages of heated debate

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

e: reread the last couple posts, nevermind

Arist fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Feb 3, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

:chloe:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If I wanted to play FFT:WOTL nowadays, what would the best way be to do it? I know the PSP version has slowdown issues, but is there a patch or something for it?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is the tweet that made me want to revisit FFT, lmao

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think they're just hypervigilant in the first couple weeks of release, Endwalker tracks have been up for a while at this point

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Galuf's death is cool but I've had to do that sequence for the Four Job Fiesta with him as a Berserker, and because I don't want him loving up the crystals I have to unequip his weapon and oops the scripted solo Exdeath fight immediately afterwards now takes 20 minutes

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Evil Fluffy posted:

So either make him not the berserker or let him take the doom sickle with him to the fight? Why would you not want a berserker using a weapon in the one boss fight where a berserker has the perfect tool to make said fight go smoothly?

The Doom Sickle is unreliable at best, doing too much damage and to random targets when I don't want multiple crystals getting low HP at the same time. The Death proc just isn't consistent enough for my needs. Also I tend to Berserker Risk every time I play because I'm insane so I generally have 2-3 Berserkers.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Honestly, you're getting way more upset about this than I ever did, I put up with the Exdeath thing because it was funny to me

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I cleared Chapter 10 of VIIR on Hard a couple weeks ago and the only fights that have given me much trouble so far have been Rude and Hell House.

Arist fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Feb 16, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

trizzNPH posted:

Been playing XII TZA on gamepass lately and drat do we need more mainline titles taking place in this world. Games got its flaws but realizing it takes place in the same world as FFT:A really tickles me the right way.

Any confirmation that 16 takes place there, or it is other nondescript high techno fantasy?

There's no real evidence it's an Ivalice title.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In conclusion, Ivalice is a land of contrasts

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

These are nonsense opinions

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Last Celebration posted:

I mean, I don’t hate or even dislike FF6 (it’s 7/10) but his posts are closer to how I feel about it than most people seem to, even if I don’t agree entirely with them (Kefka is great, the gently caress) or feel as strongly about the stuff I agree with, so I don’t really see them as being a troll so much as not vibing with a game that’s always seemed the most “you had to be there to get it” one.

I feel like the issue of whether or not Gaius is trolling has been pretty settled ever since they insisted Sabin's name is actually Sabine and it was mistranslated, doing that even after people told them what Sabin's name actually is in Japan.

It's just tedious.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vikar, I'm continually baffled by your insistence that doing big trash pulls in dungeons, literally the only thing that makes trash interesting for tanks or healers, is somehow disrespecting the new player experience

Arist fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Feb 19, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It wasn't so bad under Kefka, at least the Phantom Trains ran on time

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Party Boat posted:

Did anyone use the L1 shortcuts in FF7R and if so how did you map them? I'm pushing into optional post game / hard mode stuff and have been exclusively using the menu so far, but I'm wondering if shortcuts would help me play a bit more efficiently (especially for Tifa).

Pretty much never, shamefully

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Scalding Coffee posted:

It no longer exists under Kefka. All the people who died since Kefka took over, their souls are still wandering the planet and haunting other people to this day. Everyone will eventually exist as some specter with unfinished business who cannot ever cross over.

Well, I thought it was funny, at least...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

12 was my first FF and a personal favorite and even I'm not sure about that one

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Blockhouse posted:

All of this game's writers are S-E staff

That's interesting because the story presentation itself, the way it abruptly cuts pretty much every in-between scene, is straight out of Nioh.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Played the demo, got loving deleted by a Tonberry, 10/10

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pugilist is loving amazing, if that was the only combat style I'd honestly kind of get it. Lancer seems... bad.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mustached Demon posted:

I pre-ordered this thing on the epic game store. The only thing I'm worried about is bouncing off it because I suck at video games.

Hopefully my desire to kill chaos overcomes my badness.

There's a "story" difficulty mode and even just from the first mission it seems easier than the Nioh games were.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Looks like you switch between eikons to change your moveset? Looks sick as hell.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

There could easily still be party members, but I doubt they're playable given the way the combat seems to function.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't think FFXV is a terribly compelling action game but "synonyms" can have different connotations, you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I got to the very end of Crisis Core and didn't finish it, I'd be excited for that