Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
I just want to say i adore ff16's "Westaboo" aesthetic and unironically want a sequel.

if we can get a 10-2 and 13-2 then surely this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

16 is a closed book with no room before or after to make a story worth telling.

Counterpoint: 10-2 exists

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The ending points of 10 and 16 really could not be any different in terms of scope for further stories in that world tbh

About 71% through 16's Main Campaign (even though i am well aware of how it ends just through viewing all the cutscenes before purchasing) and i still stand by what i said:colbert:

i am not kidding: i unironically want to see a sequel where either

A. The magic returns and the ramifications such an act would have on a generation untrained and largely inexperienced with it

B. The magic remains gone and we get to see what a Aether/Eikon-less society looks like from a Government
/Military context

seiferguy posted:

Thinking about sequel potential:

FF1: Not really unless you want the warriors of light to return, which, ehhhh
FF2: Maybe Firion and Maria had a child or something. Soul of Rebirth was a decent look at the afterlife starring the dying characters, so I'll count it.
FF3: See FF1. XIVs crystal tower series serves as a pseudo sequel.
FF4: we got TAY.
FF5: Send Krile on an adventure and have her reunite with friends along the way. Decent potential.
FF6: arguably the best given the number of characters. Locke / Celes, Relm, Gau, and Terra as a human are all worthy plots.
FF7: are advent children and dirge of cerberus not enough??
FF8: the characters are all young enough to do a follow up but given it's like FF1 and they stopped the time loop you'd have to do a different type of conflict, wouldn't count on it.
FF9: Give good Kuja his own game. I think Zidane / Garnet wrapped up nicely.
FF10: got 10-2.
FF12: got Revenant Wings.
FF13: got 13-2 and Lightning Returns!
FF15: considering the ending you'd have to find entirely new characters in that world. Highly unlikely.
FF16: those kids at the end? Give em a story.

Basically your best bets are 5 and 6.

i also want a FFI-2 and feel like the Stranger of Paradise cast would be AMAZING in an "official" sequel.

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 26, 2024

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
accidental double post

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Chillgamesh posted:

I think it’s time for FF to take another crack at science fantasy tbh. Another FF8 style world

:same:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Gologle posted:

I want a Final Fantasy game that is straight up set in the real world, no magic, no moogles, no Gilgamesh, it's just a bunch of ordinary people doing ordinary things, there's not even a plot, it's just a real life simulator. It's called Final Fantasy because you beat the game by buying a house, raising a family, and having enough money to retire.

this but unironically

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
ffxvi, 80% through main campaign

starting to think this barnabas guy sucks

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

I say let's hear him out

Was the Leviathan DLC good? I got the season pass but haven't got around to playing it yet

the best part about the new eikon is how you very clearly can see how the Dev is ex-capcom, as that is straight up just a Mega Buster:allears:

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
@FFXVI 91% through the main campaign

about to AP/EXP grind and try to slowly ween myself off of Ring of Timely Strikes

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i don't give a poo poo bad the games are, it is absolutely ridiculous the FF13 trilogy has been virtually unobtainable on Sony consoles

i shouldn't have to buy a goddamn Xbox/Steam account just to satiate the completionist in me!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Ojjeorago posted:

I want to play this Final Fantasy.

2 minus 10 seconds before someone mentions the canceled Tim Burton Supes

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

oh lmao I didn't know he did an illustration of Shinzo Abe as a "suave samurai"

That one certainly aged like milk

--

"I'd always known it through an objective standpoint, but through actually doing the job I came to realize keenly that art and politics really are intertwined. When you look at history, there were kings and court painters during the Renaissance and in Velázquez's time. It was only around the time of the Impressionists that people could draw art freely, and even though that's also true today, of course, art and society still have a strong connection."

"The Heisei era has ended and the new Reiwa era has started. I'm very interested in it as an individual. I myself may not have changed, but I wonder if it may trigger something for society as a whole. Even if you're not actively conscious of it, society ends up taking it in."

When asked about where he saw the LDP headed in the future, Amano responded, "I think that the things we take for granted are important to our society, like the roads we walk on and having police to protect us ... Those are things that citizens take for granted, but personally I'm very grateful for them."

:lol:holy poo poo he's a dark enlightenment guy

Augus posted:

negative 8 seconds?

i was in special education in grade school. Hth

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 21:53 on May 6, 2024

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
they're no doubt going to learn all the wrong lessons from this

https://twitter.com/HellraisingG/status/1789960909760143393?s=19

I'm going to say that it is utterly ridiculous and inexcusable that all entries are not On-Demand on a loving sony console in TYOOL 2024

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

they're no doubt going to learn all the wrong lessons from this

and they did

https://twitter.com/6d6f636869/status/1790227310567960626?t=H-sCZj_kesxlnzZfzJCkpA&s=19

:lol:Luv2 live in world where three loving million units sold counts as a "flop" and :airquote:falling short of expectations:airquote:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Woo time for some doom-mongering based on some twitter nobody's analysis of Bloomberg's analysis of a SE earnings call.

Remember when SE was definitely going to shove NFTs into every game huh suck sucked when that actually happened.

after getting rightfully yelled at online for even entertaining the idea?...