Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
op, ff7pr has existed for years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9CUnwMT_ck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Fallouts on its 76th game. And Marathon has infinite games

And now Halo does too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Victory Position posted:

I just want to talk about Edge (FFIV) for a moment,

he sucks, thread closed

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Grevlek posted:

Last time I played ff12 it was 2007 and it was after Halloween and I ate a bunch of candy kids didnt take. Should I play the PS2 version or the zodiac age ?

Play TZA

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mega64 posted:

It's using gameplay to teach you that Stealing is Wrong

My steal from Walmart gambit always works

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

NikkolasKing posted:

"Gameplay Recording paused because you entered a blocked scene."

What. The. gently caress.

I guess it must be the PS5 that blocked it somehow for some inconceivable reason.

Yes, the PS (and xbox?) DVR API allows you to block screenshots and recordings when you like, as a developer. For example, everything after the first five minutes in Persona 5, or after the first two chapters of Zanki Zero (which later got patched out) or most of the final chapters in Yakuza games. If you're using a capture card then it matters not, but if you're recording or streaming using the console itself then, yeah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Yeah monsters are just, part of the training program. They drop gil and stuff that you can use to upgrade your crap in a match though you run the risk of someone hearing your gunfire and such.

Alternatively if you're a monk or warrior you just bop them to death (assuming they aren't a flying mob).

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Elephant Ambush posted:

When I was playing FFX-2 on PS4 and got to 1,000 Words the console blocked it too. I wasn't even streaming it.

Yes that's how it works. It tells you no matter what.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

So I'm playing The First Soldier and during a match I get a Mog's Bell. Sweet! That item gives you access to a shop post-match where you can buy some special stuff. I take a look and holy crap it's Reno for 3000 gil! That's almost all my gil! Hell yeah I'll take a Reno skin for 3000 Gil!

It was a Reno profile pic :negative:

lmao owned

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There it bee

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lastdancer posted:

I haven't been in there yet please tell me there is a jukebox!

poo poo good question, someone wandered in while I was in there (you can see the footprint on the hud now that I look) so I got out quick lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

That's not AAA by any stretch of the imagination

Congrats on making the stupidest post in this thread

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

I thought Sony was being a huge PITA to devs who want to institute cross-play unless it's within the PlayStation ecosystem because :capitalism:

They care most when there's in-game currency/items to buy (i.e., anything by Hi-Rez, Apex, etc).

That said I can't see it happening, Nioh/2 never did,

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I did some googling and there's at least a couple rebalance mods for Octopath Traveler. I think I'm going to see if they'll work with the PC Game Pass version of the game now that they install like normal games

I just tried the 100% steal/allure etc chance mod and it worked fine. Install the game somewhere, drop the PAK from the mod into \FrigateMS\Content\Octopath_Traveler\Content\Paks\ and you're good to go.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Lady Radia posted:

Should I get Bravely Default 2 on the Switch or Steam? Just wondering if there's a massive modding community or something.

From a quick glance there's no category set up on Nexusmods yet and everything is being done in a Discord because ugh.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

jokes posted:

FF14 has the same problem. There’s a discord, the balance, that has all the information about how to optimize your class or whatever. I’ll never go to it.

the balance sucks rear end anyway and is (was?) run by a guy who called himself Fuhrer Sky for entirely too long

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

petcarcharodon posted:

absolutely not excusing that or anything else but I'll point out that Sky is a trans woman

Oh, my bad

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

What happens in Xenogears is XG Part V, I-IV is just what happens in the past.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/29956195@N08/2870708020/in/album-72157616593453778/

Ep6 was just 'if something happens after, here it is', there's no proper relation to XS at all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

XB2's QOL and UI were incomplete but not the game itself.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Motto posted:

Which was both partially dealt with in updates and had a clear cause (having resources split between supporting the zelda devs) that they've done hiring and restructuring to deal with.

yeah i just wish the QOL stuff wasn't mostly only for season pass holders, that really sucks

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Barudak posted:

I still inexplicably want the DS version that combines Episode 1 and 2 into a single game

I imported it and beat it, despite knowing zero Japanese. Supposedly it tweaks some of the XS2 story to better fit but uh, I couldn't tell you lmao

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

stev posted:

Jokes on them, I'm playing it right now.

that's illegal

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

There's literally no reason to believe it'd have regressed on how Nioh 1 and 2 did it, especially when in the combat trailer it says "if you're having trouble...any missions you've cleared or the next one".

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Media.Vision did Shining Resonance (which is bad) and the Cyber Sleuth games (which are great) also. VC4 was kinda their last thing, but I hope they're doing something.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I hope its more digimon

I wish they were making Survive instead of [checks notes] the developers of Idol Death Game and like three other budget games in the last ten years

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

for some reason my favourite thing about 5PSX is that the "Victory!" text is "YEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

https://twitter.com/click_burgundy/status/1488867050772738057

e: lol twitter cropping

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cleretic posted:

This is suspicious in such a promising way. You wouldn't release high-quality figures from a cult classic 90s game for nothing, surely? There's something else bringing this into attention?

Sorry but they put out Xenogears and Vagrant Story figures last year too.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

What game is being referenced at around 4:20? It looks like Space Harrier got turned into an RPG.

The Last Remnant

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ultros is just Beatrice but an octopus, sorry.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

I must have missed the part in FF9 where Beatrice wanted to tentacle bang all the women in the party.

Seacats Beatrice not FF9

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

stev posted:

They'll be in everything else though right?

Those two only say Switch/eshop while Chrono Cross and such had PR releases saying they're on other things (Klonoa has a small exclusivity period though)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Hellioning posted:

I can understand not liking WotL's archaicness but I still don't see how that makes 'The people of Ivalice had little money' good.

L
I
T
T
L
E

M
O
N
E
Y

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well maybe he would have said that if anyone in FFIV had actually sacrificed themselves for peace, instead of just looking like they did only to come back an hour later and say "I'm okay!"

Except Tellah who went out in a flame of glorious vengeance

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Levantine posted:

"Farting through a trumpet" is exactly what he did for DQXI.

Please, he farted through a trumpet preset on a 1992 cheap Casio keyboard.

There's a couple of DQ compositions I like (DQ4's battle theme, DQ8's tower of Alexandria and the flying theme) but..man I'm glad he's gone and hopefully someone who isn't a complete loving hack (regardless of everything else) can come in now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Sadly it won't be until DQ13 that we'll get someone new; Sugiyama apparently finished his compositions for DQ12 before he died.

Well hopefully they'll at least orchestrate them and not rely on MIDI again unless that was his dying loving wish

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

it was very funny though when SE put out a DQ Theatrythm and even the lifelong hardcore DQ fan I know of was like "uhhhhhhhh"

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

They are adding the trust system from shadowbringers/endwalker into realm reborn, heavensward and stormblood in april (i think) so you can go through the main quest dungeons and trials with npcs and scions and story characters (ones that make sense story wise at the time) ive been crying out for that during my entire play so far. They are redoing some late game realm reborn dungeons too but im not clear on the extent. Thus making the ff14 main quest single player if you want it to be and no longer have to suffer lvl90 players from trying to speed run and ruin your first time in a dungeon just cos they are doing daily roulettes

The expansions will be done in stages, Castrum and Praetorium will become 4-player dungeons (meaning the much needed death of MSQ Roulette and people not getting through Castrum when they're in ARR because people bail if they don't get Prae) with Ultima Weapon becoming a story trial and the Lahabrea fight and hilariously, Rhitatyn/Cape Westwind, becoming single player story fights. Trials will still need randos, they aren't adding trusts to those for now.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mysticblade posted:

Slightly worried that this is running on DX9, might still pull the day 1 trigger though, not sure

I'm sure it's not, given that it's the Nioh engine and even Nioh 1 was DX11. I dunno why they put the 9c requirement on the sysreqs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Also man, yeah the base PS4 version is fuckin rough, can't wait to see how dogshit it is on a One S