Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Every game is the worst game in the series. But ESPECIALLY FFD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Everybody who hates on the WotL translation makes me laugh. I'm old as gently caress and played through it the original tactics when I was in high school.

There wasn't an entire internet full of plot walkthroughs to explain to any of us what in the goddamn hell was going on in the back half of that game.

Yeah it's worth remembering that the translation for the end of Act 3 and all of Act 4 is basically incomprehensible. There are parts where it is practically gibberish.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Regalingualius posted:

The important question is:

Will we have more opportunities to embarrass Alphinaud in dialogue options than ever before?

I fully expect him to loving die. Not because I hate him, I love this precious boi, but because I figure someone ain't making it out alive from this one and it might as well be the character with the most development.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So, Zeal literally being in FF14 now makes me think that the noise that drove the Amaurotine to extinction was, literally, actually, factually just Lavos, and either the next major patches after EW or the next expansion afterward will be us going full Chrono Trigger to beat it for good.

EDIT: But then again, Azys Lla was also Zeal, so who knows. I just want to Chrono Trigger in FF14

Gologle fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 6, 2021

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
It's worse than that, they tried to convince themselves Chrono Cross was good

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ah whatever, I'll post it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5jUF7VjedA

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Why did they have 1000 Words in the middle of a field where lightning constantly struck? Or did it get magic fixed by then? What about the weather? Was it Sin's toxins?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I'm pretty sure at this point in the world's history the Rozarrian Empire has the Gran Grimoire, so they can just summon Marche and he can beat the problem.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Cloud of Darkness, at least in FF14, was probably us, so maybe they aren't entirely evil there, just corrupted.

EDIT: actually I don't know if we were broken up into each of the shards or just some of them, so who knows?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
The funny thing is, Noctis most likely has no idea who one of the people he strings up is, and neither should Ardyn.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Alba singlehandedly drags a 6/10 game into a 3/10.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
He played the critically acclaimed award winning MMORPG, Final Fantasy XIV.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
God I can already see the queue after I get off from work. I guess I might as well watch the new Netflix Cowboy Bebop in the meantime? Oh it sucks? Oh...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Let me in. LET ME IIIIIIIINNNNNN I WANT TO TREASURE EVERY MOMENT, EVERY STEP OF MY DESCENT AAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So the logins for FF14 are just hosed so far, but once you're in, you're in, the actual game itself is stable. Unfortunately, I will never ever sit in-game in an MMO ever again for reasons I refuse to elaborate on, so I did log out last night to go to bed. EW is just...MOTHERFUCKING PIPPIN MY DOOOOOOODS!!!!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
That was THE FIRST TRIAL!?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
So I got to a point in Endwalker where I physically got up from my chair, laid on my bed, and just stared at the ceiling for a while. This game is so drat good. I'm still trying to figure out how I feel about the story not going anywhere anybody expected, but I think I'll worry about that when I actually finish the MSQ.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Can't wait for Blue the Blue and Red the Red to show up ahead of schedule too

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
2003 could not have POSSIBLY been that long ago. It couldn't have...

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Believe it or not, EW's entire theme is about this exact conversation.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
If you want the authentic experience of playing it back in 97, only use one save slot even though it has like 20 or more.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Help Im Alive posted:

All the best moments involve my character, the warrior of light who is definitely stronger than any other FF protag despite being a white mage

I'm sad that we can't call them that anymore. End of an era

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Iscar Matthias

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Because she's not the game's Cid, Cid is the game's Cid.

EDIT: You may as well complain why Krile isn't called Galufrile instead. Or why Sazh's kid isn't called Sazhson. Or why Cecil's kid isn't called Cecildore, or why Yang's daughter isn't called................I don't remember Yang's daughter's name. But anyway

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Earisu

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Tall Tale Teller posted:

If she's the child of a Cid her name should be Mid.

TAI

I would be fine with this tbh

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Lenna's theme

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
He was better in Crisis Core

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
hol up which vid tho

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im ready to befriend chaos

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Don't forget the Lufenians have a way to preserve and transfer memories through history and generations. It's the only reason, in setting, why we know Cid, the Warrior of Light, and Chaos' origins. Also Cosmos' origin too.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Impermanent posted:

I've never played a classic FF game but I've played enough FFXIV over the past few years that I've decided to give it a plunge. two questions for the thread:

what order should i play the games in, ideally starting with a really good one and then going in order of the other games as they get progressively better.

what's the best way to play ff games. there's these 'pixel remaster' things on steam and they look fine but people complain about them being easy mode versions for scrubs? I don't know if that means anything.

Remember the Omega raid series? Play the games in the order those bosses appear in, excepting Omega itself obviously. And only play the games those bosses appear in, skip the rest. So FF5 first, then 6, then 1. You already have a better version of the other games through the MSQ.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
A lot of people die for you in FF14, but because you are the strongest creature in existence you can't die for anyone else. The only thing that can kill you is biowarfare.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's great because the TEllah and Galuf scenes are technically and on paper the same scene but are tonally incredibly different and only one actually manages to generate emotions and it's not the one from the melodrama about Kingdoms at war and the sins conflict generates.

"Upon the souls of they who have sacrificed themselves to pave the way to peace, we will never abandon our cause" -Cecil, probably, if he were cool

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Snow Cone Capone posted:

fingers crossed they add Ascians as a playable race down the line then because they're all weird giraffe people (Endwalker spoilers i guess)

This is absolute nonsense, but gently caress it, they could maybe explain it away as being from one of the other Shards I guess

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
ff14 graphical update

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Sleng Teng posted:

What’s this mean, what are they changing? Haven’t played in like 3 years

They are adding trusts up until I believe Stormblood? to the MSQ and changing all (90%?) 8 man trials in ARR to 4 man, so now you truly can play Final Fantasy XIV: The Game: The Movie: The Visual Novel instead of Final Fantasy XIV Online: The Award Winning Massive Multiplayer Online Game That Comes With an Expanded Free Trial (In A Few Days) That You Can Play Through Heavensward up to Level 60 for Free with no Playtime Restrictions (In a Few Days).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
They literally said that the graphics will never match the quality of other main line titles. They also said that because the improvements will happen in stages that some NPCs will improve before others and that if the two NPCs are in the same cutscene please don't make fun of the lesser quality one. I'm personally hoping for a "Squall the most handsome guy here" moment.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Ardyn is also a villain who got everything that he wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Does Shadowbringer count as Emet's boss theme? There's also To The Edge.