Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I think they'll keep the Tiny Bronco and Palmer will still get hit by a truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I'm not as confident about the bronco but Palmer def gonna get hit by that truck.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

It's going to be rad when Cloud meets Zack and has a huge freak out or something and it turns into a one on one boss fight.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Sephiroth is gonna be the final boss of every 7R game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't really feel like the stakes are always super high? Like there's a bunch of chapters that are just chill sidequest diversions and you've also got stuff like midnight adventure with the avalanche npcs or tournament arc at Wall Market. It's a pretty long game despite just being Midgar and I think most stuff gets plenty of time to breathe. It's not always high drama time or anything. Honestly a lot of the time its a pretty goofy game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The thread title has changed so that is no longer the case.

Final Fantasy is good now

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Considering what game developers get up to when they're allowed to have fun it's an alright trade off.

???

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blocking is big. The dodge roll has no iframes so can only really be used for slow attacks but blocks come out instantly and have a huge damage cut. You won't get too far without using blocking as your main defensive option.

As for Cloud that's basically the way you play, but the counter you get from Punisher mode is really good damage and can fill the stagger quite a bit so it's often good to jump into that when you know there's a physical attack coming you can react to.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think enemies cancel their attacks when you switch.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Not sure what an ahegao weeb grunt is tbh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That was clearly a high five of hatred at the end.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cloud's doing pretty alright for being 21 tbh.

E: Like Vincent's twice his age and he sleeps in a coffin. Cloud's doing ok.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Dec 27, 2021

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

They wanted people to see the cat and go "Hey I know that guy!"

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Always happy to see that cat.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

God i'm so excited for playable Cait Sith next game.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

That team is not very good at names.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I liked the TS demo well enough so i'm willing to give them a chance.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I don't think it would be.

Not sure Square has ever done something like that before.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

There's only one Guy

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

He's super cool

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Tifa's relationship with Cloud is way more unique because it turns out they weren't actually close at all and the big promise they both value so much was their first real conversation and ultimately something pretty meaningless that still ended up greatly influencing both of then.

The whole lifestream flashback thing is so great. One of the best scenes in all of Final Fantasy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The game is right they are quirky and loveable

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Remember that time Reno gives Corneo a dialogue choice? So sweet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I let them go. They're my guys.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im ready to befriend chaos

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I hope its more digimon

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The game has Shinra explode the reactor because Pres is kinda the main villain now for longer than 2 hours (not really but you gotta think he is) so he has to do more stuff but it still feels kinda unnescessary because Avalanche still goes in to bomb the place and the outcome desired by the gang occurs although with worse ramifications. And its still followed up by Barret going "This is what needs to happen. Sucks but we gotta do it" and everyone agreeing except it also inspires Jessie to have a sidequest happen the next night so she can make a slightly less powerful bomb.

Just kinda weird. Don't think the gang even ever finds out Shinra worsened the explosion or if they do it's during the HQ infiltration and everyone has bigger fish to fry.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cait Sith is in and will absolutely be playable.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Even with Nomura gone I believe in the team. VIIR was real good, they've got my trust until the sequel.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Your loss if you don't want to play as Frankenstein.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Did 2 not have a real party?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

There was a party in the story but for the things you're using in the party during combat it had a weird In GAme Only gacha system for getting new Blades.

Yeah I figured you meant blades but they all get attached to your party of non-blades so I didn't know if you meant something else.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean there's a couple more differences from VII to VIIR than a new translation. Not sure it's quite comparable to whichever FFT release you like more.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Katamari Democracy posted:

Honestly the last time I played this game was back in the SNES days. And even I knew that game was a little buggy. For some reason I have this little thing in the back of my head saying Squarenix might fix bugs in it that made the game for me back in those days.

I don't think suplexing the train was a bug.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The best signifier that they're not the same is that the stories and characters are totally different even if they share some names.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I can't believe the official FFXIV lore subforum would do such a thing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean i'm pretty sure dying was part of the plan. Not sure you can fault him for it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember that it was the other people on FF7 that wanted the whole party to get murked and nomura was like "maybe just one"

Finally a valid example of Nomura's flaws as a writer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I mean, his name is Jack Garland.