Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Countblanc posted:

where the H*CK is Final Fantasy Tactics A3 for the Nintendo Switch and Steam platforms

It's called Triangle Strategy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

That's never been the case? Every version of the game doesn't heal your HP/MP on job or ability switching?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

jokes posted:

You can survive Almagest at a lower level than you’d think if you use shell. Regen counteracts sap, so having someone sub time magic for haste and regen is a Big Brain Move.

Fun fact, apparently in Pixel Remaster Almagest ignores shell!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Here's a hot tip - give your Berserker the Dancing Dagger. When those Sword Dances come out it's silly. Basically worth it up until the Rune Axe.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Twelve by Pies posted:

Also Caves of Narshe has the wrong numbers apparently, it said that Thor's Hammer had 78 attack and the Titan's Axe has 88. The Final Fantasy Wiki has the correct numbers from a glance, which led me to learning something interesting: the Rune Axe and Titan's Axe have a hit rate of 90, compared to 80 for every other axe/hammer. That's neat and definitely boosts their usefulness.

I loving KNEW that the Rune Axe hit more often and it wasn't just confirmation bias!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The timing hasn't been fortuitous enough yet, but don't worry.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I like Oracle...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Getting Harle after she leaves you permanently is NG+ exclusive I think...?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Minotaurus Rex posted:

Don’t foresee this being an issue as I’m in the Merry Olde U.K. … These have been some glowing goonly words for FF14 - it sounds great and I think that I will probably get involved & buy a PS4 for it and Monster Hunter World. Haven’t played an MMO in many moons!

Just the fact that you said "many moons" means you're in the exact right mindset to enjoy XIV.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It used to but now every version of the game has parity.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I ran back and forth to get that Zodiac Spear for a long time. That place is deadly and it took like ten runs back and forth before monsters stopped spawning on the way there. I don't really think it was worth it. A rare chest in a postgame-leveled area like that was just pure awful. I don't know if I even ended up using it!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Second Gilgamesh is an unforgiving fight, yes. You can't overprepare for it enough. I can't give any specific advice since it's been a while, but I definitely did it while Reddas was still in the party, which helped a bunch if only to have someone extra throwing around Phoenix Downs.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I don't think I did the fishing in FF12 but I also hate fishing so that probably tracks. You can steal Wyrmhero Blades in trial mode, so I just did that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

As far as I can tell there's only been one PLAYABLE character. Females are part of the party and story, but like pre-patch XV it seems like they're just going to be AI buddies. I haven't looked too deeply into it though, someone can tell me if I'm wrong.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Bartz saying "Sweet Christmas" counts, right?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I played Act 1 with the normal overworld and Act 2 with the VIII overworld. It seemed appropriate.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

It happens though. Just because Super Mario 64 was formative doesn't mean someone playing it for the first time this decade has to like it.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I hope Terra finds her humanity

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

CPColin posted:

Speaking of formations, did the Return spell in FF5 always reroll whether you got a back attack?

Yes Return/Reset always did that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

zedprime posted:

Funny you bring up world building and FF10. You can't do world building much better than letting you input your own name for all the aeons.

All the aeons.

Late but :eyepop:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

ImpAtom posted:

To clarify a lot of the reviews seem to say the story is enjoyable, just that it overexplains and probably could trim things down without losing impact. Basically a "won't shut up" problem

So it's Golden Sun.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Basically yeah, run from fights on the world map. In dungeons you're more or less safe.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I downloaded the demo. I'm not sure when I'm gonna get to it, but I wanna see if it's a style I jive with.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Palmtree Panic posted:

Picked up Theatrhythm Curtain Call on sale and its fantastic. Highly addictive and great rhythm gameplay.

The Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana DLC tracks are tempting. But kinda ridiculous at $1 per track.

better get them now before the eshop goes down forever!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Complaining about Stranger of Paradise is impossible. Any points you make can be retorted by someone saying "bullshit *plays limp bizkit and walks away*" and there's no coming back from that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

More or less correct. You can't be permanently locked out of anything. Some chests might still have low spawn rates though.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Not the time or the place.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The performance issues are nixed now that the day 1 patch is available to previewers. This has been happening more and more lately, stay vigilant about issues that might only exist before games go out to all consumers.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Dross posted:

Clearly I didn't get that day 1 patch when I bought it last night because the performance is abysmal and there's even significant input lag. I would genuinely recommend the original over this remaster.

What platform are you on?

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Hm, okay. I heard about the patch for Switch, maybe it's different for other ones. Guess we'll see!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

The fact that Kingdom Hearts 4 was on that list despite seeming unbelievable when it first came out does lend a lot of credence to it now. But yeah, who knows what has or hasn't been cancelled since it was written, etc etc. There's Always A Chance

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

That old man NPC is in every Dragon Quest game that involves an Alltrades Abbey with class changing

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I've been watching a friend play FFIX without knowing things like "you can learn abilities from the things you equip" without me explicitly saying so. I don't think the games need to be harder.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

you're a brave, brave person for releasing a mod that doesn't kick the rear end of gamers.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Fister Roboto posted:

I have a confession to make.

I'm not interested in doing berserker risk this year :sigh:

It's all good. For people like me who can mostly only manage one run per fiesta, berserker risk is oddly limiting. I like not knowing what to expect, and having an inevitable Berserker kind of gets in the way of that.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Not sure what part of Gaius is unrepentant. He seemed pretty sad about what he did to me!

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Levantine posted:

What did he do to you???

:rolleyes:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Mediocre just SOUNDS like a heavy insult.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

If they don't let you actually play as Red XIII then what is the point of even having non-human characters in the party

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

XIV isn't on xbox anyway so you're good there.