Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

jokes posted:

The best non-MMO FF is FFVI.

Fixed that for you. If it weren't for the four job fiesta, Five would be remembered as that one on the anthologies collection no one wanted to play.

Sure the job system is fun, but gotdamn if I'm not just mashing A thru every single story sequence. The best FFV4JF mod would be the one that removed all dialogue and scenes and just let you roguelike thru the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

DourCricket posted:

FFV is now up and playable on Steam! GOGOGO

They kept the Dragon noise!

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Vichan posted:

Really digging the soundtrack so far, although FFV is not exactly my favourite in that regard.

Makes you think about what FF6 will be like though... :vince:

I'm not sure why, but the pixel remaster music feels like it is 'outside' the game? I'm fine with updating the tracks, they don't all have to be bit tracks, but I'm just not enjoying the music in the remasters, as a part of the gameplay.

It's like I have the soundtrack going on spotify off a google home speaker, and I'm watching someone else play the game on my tablet.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Nihilarian posted:

knight, monk, thief, blue mage, white mage and black mage would be a great place to start

gotem

yeah idk, this is absolutely the game where you can just start playing, it's not like you are locked into anything, and stat growth isn't dependent on your job class at level up.

just play this gaem, it is so good. give each character an archetype, melee, combat magic, support magic, and wildcard, and apply jobs that look like they fit to that.

suit up 4 monks and just punch people for the first third of the game

3 knights and 1 white mage probably takes you thru the entire crystal gathering section of the game

an interesting variation of the 4jf would be to give one class to each character, and change it when you get new crystals? that could be neat

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
Last time I played ff12 it was 2007 and it was after Halloween and I ate a bunch of candy kids didnt take. Should I play the PS2 version or the zodiac age ?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Inspector Gesicht posted:

What I really want is an Octopath-engine game where the setting is either 6's industrial-revolution or 7/8's Diesel-punk.

I think we all need to buy the HELL out of DQ3-HD if we want them to go thru and put their back catalog through the Octopath engine.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Zil posted:

Do you think we will ever get a remaster of the original FF7 like 1-6 have? The remake had me go back and start playing the steam version of FF7 and it is just showing how poor of a port it is.

God I hope not.

I think the goal is Octopath engine remakes.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

WrightOfWay posted:

Gilbert is a stupid name, so this is justified to me.

Stupid character stupid name ?

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
ff6 is my favorite game of all time

complaints about ff6pr

1) mog didn't turn sideways during his dance
2) music seems like there is a lot going on. a lot!
3) getting all kinds of weird laggy steps, screen transitions etc.
4) i wasn't allowed to unequip the moogles

10/10 will play until russian nuclear fire takes me tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004
when i was a kid i saw that scene i was like 'shouldn't Tifa also be dead' so i'm glad that is being looked at, actually