Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Good thread to ask - in the latest ff14 expansion the baldesion annex has a song that is a remix of FF5 music - what is it called and when does it play it’s driving me crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

IT's Lenna's theme.

Or do you mean the FF14 song because that's just called "The Baldesion Annex"

Thank you. Why would you make the area owned by krile, granddaughter of galuf in Ff14, have Lenna’s theme (it is a good theme)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I got FF3 pixel remaster and didn’t keep up with the others but is the FF5 one a bit disappointing? Feels like if you’re gonna add anything to one of them you do it to FF5

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

HD DAD posted:

All the opera singers are voiced by professionals while Celes will be voiced by David Byrne in all localizations

I saw David Byrne live at a festival not that long ago (4 years or so?) And the man was 65 and entertaining as hell. He did play the free song I found on windows 95 as a child too

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

It really does I did not expect this

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Please stop psyching me up for video games when I’m playing elden ring. Thanks.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is SOP actually good keeping in mind

- I love action games like DMC
- I love FF
- I love stupid poo poo

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I’m extremely excited to eventually get this then. Unfortunately elden ring has taken over my life but I am looking forward to this

In my mind it is as cheesy in a good way as DMC3 but I hope I’m not setting myself up for disappointment

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Does FF SOP feel like it’ll come to either gamepass or new Sony Gamepass? I was thinking of picking it up next sale but I forgot those are now options

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ff14’s last expansion can be played from beginning to end of the main story with almost 0 required interaction with other players. Bear in mind you’re still gonna pay a subscription though :v: but the game is definitely aware not everyone wants to play MMos

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Can't answer confidently for Japan but I can say Halloween, which was incredibly American, is at the point where it is a giant spending opportunity in Asia, Europe, and other parts of the world now. I worked with someone who was heavily into the theme park world who's a bit older and he was like it's 100% American influence that got it to this point and I think people in the US underestimate how "American" the rest of the world can be in some ways

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

final fantasy 8 had so many useless tutorials that taught you nothing about the systems lol

We have the most complex stat system ever put into a final fantasy. Anyway here’s how you play the seventh mini game you’ll never see again:

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

There’s a huuuuge amount of FF and FF adjacent stuff on sale on switch. Stuff I’m looking at that I never got around to

World ends with you NEO $30
Dungeon Encounters $20
Collection of Mana $20
Actraiser $21
FF Crystal Chronicles - I know this is a terrible port but $12 is pretty cheap

Loads of saga stuff heavily off but that’s a bit further down the list for me personally

And I’ve played them all but all the FF games quite cheap. FF12 $25 and I wanted to eventually pick that up for switch

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Everybody’s Green

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Detective No. 27 posted:

Stranger of Paradise went on sale on PSN too so I'll get it there.

Oh nice. Was gonna pick it up eventually but sorta in the mood especially when I found out it has multiplayer

How’s the MP?

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

SyntheticPolygon posted:

What i'm learning is people in this thread need to play new rpgs.

Honestly if you like final fantasy tactics you must play divinity original sin 2. Oddly not much overlap between jrpg and crpg fans

I need to start triangle strategy

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Barudak posted:

I like every game that dude has worked on except DMCV so this is gonna rule except the part where I break down and buy it on Playstation instead of waiting

DMC5 is a very very good action game!! Like I think platinum games took the throne for a while and DMC5 took it back

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Harrow posted:

It's tagged with #FF7R so Remake Part 2 hopefully

FF7 Remake pocket edition comes to phones in 2023!!

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I died this is so good

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

roomtone posted:

i think ff12 isn't as popular just because it's appeal is really different from the previous 4 games, which are what most people wanted more of: a central romance plot, a lot of teen/young adult angst, and the same template for gameplay and exploring the world.

i don't really remember 12 that well but it felt like its whole thing was coming from a different place, more interested in the lore of the world and factional disputes. they cram some stuff in which brings it more in line with FF, but not by much - like vaan existing at all. he doesn't belong in the game, the main character is ashe. so i have this memory of it being neither one thing or the other and that could work but it kind of washes out to bland in my mind.

i enjoyed it a lot at the time but i also kind of don't give a poo poo about it and will probably never replay it because the gameplay is old enough now that there would always be a better way to spend my time.

that and about 80% of the music is annoying. hitoshi sakimoto has done some really good osts, like BOFV, but he has this side to his music which is just not that great and it dominates the OST of 12. there are still a handful of really good songs in there but you'll mostly be listening to the cacophonous dungeon themes since that is what most of the game is.

I remember FF being the only game series the girls in my class played and they heavily valued it for the romance, this was around FFX time. I kind of just forgot that the games are JRPG twilight but no FF game since then did that after a series full of it

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FrostyPox posted:

So far I think 12 might be my favorite single-player FF game, but consider I've only played 13 and 15 previously.

I liked 13 and 15 well enough but I’m also pretty comfortable saying they’re probably among the worst FF single player games

FF7 Remake is action RPGish and modern, if you can stand ps2 game remakes like FF12 FFX is also definitely worth playing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I wanna play SOP but I also feel like it’s definitely the type of game that ends up either on gamepass or $10 in a sale and I have so much stuff to finish in the meantime

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FrostyPox posted:

More FFXII:

A second Cid? :eyepop:

OK, it's Al-Cid, which is just a Spanish....ization of the Arabicالسَّيِّد (Al-Sayyid) which was a common honorific used during the Middle Ages. So I don't think it counts as a "Cid", even if "Cid" is technically the same thing, etymologically.

Literally the Arabic just translates to “the lord”! Also loads of southern Spanish cities are Arabic. Seville, Cordoba, Granada, the famous southern palace Alcazar is literally just “the palace” القصر Alqasr

And yes it’s pretty confusing in a game with an actual Cid

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

FF16 is gonna be bayonetta and the summons are the massive hair summon fights from bayonetta 2

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

PuttyKnife posted:

The addon scene for ffxi is basically lots of quality of life improvements players wanted for a while and workarounds for multiboxing.

It's also how you get HD FFXI (XI Pivot plus HD mods, etc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD4aCHdYcSk

However, it's also how you make your fragile client even more fragile. So, what can you do but pile them on, i guess?

Remembering that FF11 literally force quits if you press alt-tab (in an era where nobody had phones to look things up on so it was a pretty big deal)

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

sponges posted:

Yeah

I watched a video of a guy going over vanilla XI and it’s insane what people tolerated back then. I guess there’s a sense of accomplishment/relief when you clear a dungeon after waiting to form a group for 7 hours but,ugh. No thanks.

Again I played the game for 2 years and never hit Mac level on a single job, much less saw the “endgame”

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't remember the "original" grid but in Expert grid it was pretty clear that Yuna was absolutely busted pretty early, Lulu was completely useless, Kimahri became your thief before you got Rikku, and Rikku quickly became very strong

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mandatory lesbian posted:

Tragically, ghosts cant cum

Thread title

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Holy poo poo lol. I haven’t played 14 since Endwalker launch but man what a cool game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Last Celebration posted:

How much side stuff are you doing? If you’re just beelining to story points and not doing stuff like Stellazos you’re probably gonna blitz through. If you have been doing that, Disk 3 is when Chocobo Hot and Cold in particular opens up. Also if you’re fast-forwarding through fights, idk if that affects the ingame timer.

I say this as someone who legitimately loves FF9 and did 100% of chocobo hot and cold but man I cannot imagine a world in 2022 where you say “oh yeah this rpg is great. It’s 100 hours but about 30 hours of that is playing a mini game so simple it would be free on your phone”

For some reason the FF15 fishing mini game is different and I got to rank 10 in that

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Even though theyre absolutely filling different roles I always hated how in a game with 7 party members two of them were white mages.

I mean your troupe bros are RIGHT THERE. And you even get some in your party! And Beatrix!

Plus I don't want a dang lovestruck child in my party.
One construct child soldier is enough thank you.

By FF11 or FFT logic One is whm/summoner and one is summoner/whm

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

5 might have the worst soundtrack outside of 2.

Reviving this pages old post to say what the gently caress

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Theatrythm continues to be so fun

Did it get harder ? The double inputs mess me up

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

susan b buffering posted:

yeah i mean i'm pretty resigned to it not happening, just think it'd be cool if it did :)

To be fair I think Endwalker is the weakest standalone ff14 ost given

1. So much of the story relied on nostalgia for previous entries and their theme songs
2. Soken was very ill during Endwalker development

Shadowbringers ost is probably on its own one of the best ff soundtracks

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Sat down today to play theatrythm which it turns out is not out today

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

I know it's a bummer. I went through and replayed all the demo songs on expert. Then I tried ultimate and got totally stomped. Feels like such a large step up in difficulty.

You might wanna go into the music mode and arrange all songs by difficulty. The easiest ultimate is pretty similar to the hardest expert but some of them are much harder than others within the same difficulty

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I can understand the locking of a lot of vocal songs on the deluxe edition since music licensing and specially Japan are hellish.

But why the gently caress is To Zanakarnd on the deluxe version.

(and Memory of Lightwaves, most underrated FF song)

Memory of light waves is the best song to fall asleep to on the title screen when it’s summer vacation and you’re in highschool and nothing matters

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Zurtilik posted:

I would buy unlimited DLC. They could slowly just keep releasing more Final Fantasy tracks for months and I'd pick em all up. As many songs as are included I'm sure there will still be several I wish were here.

Would be cool if they could get some Kingdom Hearts stuff too, but I guess that already has its own rhythm game.

You might be aware of this but almost none of the DLC is actually FF music :v:

NIER, Octopath, World Ends with You, Chrono Trigger (and maybe cross?), secret of mana, Saga. Some are not announced yet (and for sure will have ff) but it’s a lot of spin-offs

Edit: but from what I can tell the “deluxe” 27 songs are entirely ff music. Usually theme songs, songs with vocals that have different rights, and in a couple of cases covers of ff music that were never in an actual game

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

If I already bought the game I can’t do the switch region to New Zealand trick to play now can I

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I can’t tell difficulty wise exactly where I am. I can perfect chain a lot of expert songs, I managed to even perfect chain an ultimate, but I still think a lot of ultimates are too hard