Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
That OP was the best/worst OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
The only good song on the FFXII soundtrack is the esper fight song, and I’ll be damned if I ever have to listen to Streets of Rabanastre ever again.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Twelve by Pies posted:

Giza Plains music rules, Salikawood music rules, Eruyt Village music rules, Phon Coast music rules, the music that plays after the destruction of Mt. Bur Omisace rules, FFXII's soundtrack loving rules.

I think my main problem with XIIs soundtrack is the most I can say about it is that “it’s from XII” whenever I hear a given track. Like with Vs I can immediately tell Library of Ancients from To The North Mountain or whatever; I can’t positively identify any of XIIs themes.

Except for Streets of Rabanastre, which I would rather throw my dining room table out a window into my car than listen to five more seconds of.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
So if every Final Fantasy is the worst Final Fantasy, does that make Final Fantasy V the worst Final Fantasy?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
The party in FFV is terrific, these other games have all this drama and sad people, and Bartz is just running around with the Best Friends Gang.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I just wish Ashe didn’t have those awful pants.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
FFXII could’ve really benefitted from party banter like in DAI or similar. Have the characters yack about whatever area they’re in to fill in the Deep Lore, talk about their favorite foods, something.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I never played XI but I understand the Blue Mages in that are pretty fleshed out?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I enjoyed Octopath well enough. It actually develops a decent job system a quarter of the way through which helps diversify gameplay. The biggest complaint is that none of the characters actually interact with each other beyond occasional and specific skits, and once you beat the first loop of character stories it’s… do it again. Then a super boss I guess, I never got that far.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
https://apps.apple.com/us/app/final-fantasy-vi/id1492041539

Releases Feb 24

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Damnit let me buy and/or stream the PR soundtracks

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Snow Cone Capone posted:

this is gonna get lost in the FF6 reactions but the Endwalker soundtrack is out today as well, and as usual with the 14 OSTs I am once again just loving blown away at how good the tracks sound in high quality

Thanks for the heads up. I haven’t played XIV in a while but love the music. Any tracks from Endwalker you recommend picking up?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
My names Butz. Butz Exdeath.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Fantastic Foreskin posted:

How do you pronounce "Tidus"?

"The Star Player of the Zanarkand Abes"

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Who the f is Vinny?

Also thanks Square Enicks

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
XII would’ve seriously benefited from party banter.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Is that where the “Dark Knights armor is bolted directly onto their bones” comes from?

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Yeah, that. Brother's name is about as accurate a translation as it can be, so Rikku's name probably really is just Rucksack.

Ah so she really is just a bag of trash then.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I can’t remember what anyone in FFXII sounds like because the game goes so long between voices scenes.

If any game ever needed field banter it was Final Fantasy XII.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’d like Revenant Wings to get a rerelease in some capacity because I never finished it and remember it being kinda neat. Also they have Vaan a shirt and his character design was immediately fixed.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’m so torn on FFXII. I love the idea of it, how these huge lengthy zones separate locations and plot points so it feels like your party is really traveling all over the world. I love the times it touches on either plots, and the determination of Ashe and how Vaan talks her down. Even that the main villain wins in the end.

I hate the trash bag outfits the cast wears. I hate the lack of interaction throughout the story. I hate that there’s no proper overworld even late in the game.

But most of all, I hate Streets of Rabanastre.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
God damnit you all are going to make me pick my Zodiac Age game back up.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Holy hell whomever designed the great crystal in ffxii can gently caress off. No map, sure. Terrible music? Par for the course. Multiple enemies that spit every status effect in the game and team up on you? Knock off.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Ah another wonky fun thing FFXII does, it actually has a lore codex but it’s attached to the bestiary and is mixed in with obtuse hints as to how the bazaar works.

I bet a remake of XII, one that wasn’t constrained by PS2 memory and could actually have all these huge connected zones, plus party and combat banter, and that streamlined some of the games weirder aspects like the above mentioned, would be awesome.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I’ll never forgive post-IX games for getting rid of the airships.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Ddrraaggoooonn was my FFXIV 1.0 roeg lancer name.

I always liked the original and Zilart plots for XI but the later stories eluded me.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Blitzball blitzblows.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Moms are tough.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Here’s to you Aerith and Barret, rest forever here in our hearret.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Electric Phantasm posted:

Soken Otherworld

Fuckin PLEASE

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Song for song, IX is my favorite soundtrack.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
Tidus is the type to do the dishes by just putting everything into the dishwasher.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

FrostyPox posted:

Squalling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal.

How the gently caress is this not the threads title

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I can’t wait for FFXVI to come out, because I can’t wait for Cleritic to have some new material.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I actually loved the sand sea part of XII. You and your buddies are traveling across an entire ocean via a network of tanks, battling raiders and native monsters, trekking across lone islands, until reaching the fabled tomb of an ancient conqueror.

It just sucks that it comes after two or more earlier sand areas.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

NikkolasKing posted:

Speaking of which though, I haven't talked any about XII's gerat music. I've always loved this track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfXWqlCkA3k

I've been using the OST for in game music for a while now. I think I honestly kind of prefer it to the remaster.

Final Fantasy XII has some of the best music in the series except for Streets of Rabanastre which can gently caress off in a fire.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Elephant Ambush posted:

I actually dislike any character, no matter how insignificant, not getting a name. Every character in every game should have a name even if they're shopkeepers you never have a conversation with

It's really weird to me walking around talking to people with names and then all of a sudden I run into someone whose name is just "shopkeeper" or "local resident". It's just really incongruous

I like it when every single character has a name, or if not, they have specific descriptions such as "Drowsy Plane Mechanic", "Knowledgeable Sandwich Maker", and "Panicky Idiot".

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
What the gently caress was tragic about Kefla?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I liked naming Marle “Nadia” and Frog “Glen”.