Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Final Fantasy VIII is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
nah it goes Shakespeare -> old timey radio guys -> aol chatrooms pretty much

May 8, 2006

related, are there any good fan-patches ala the moguri mod for Chrono cross?

May 8, 2006

the pyramid might be my least favorite part of ffv, I've had more than one fiesta run just fizzle there because I don't feel like doing it

May 8, 2006

Harrow posted:

I've never played Blue Dragon but ever since I heard "Eternity" I knew, at the very least, it had a kickass soundtrack

I did play Lost Odyssey and y'know how people constantly clamor for Bloodborne on PC? Well that's me but for Lost Odyssey on PC. I badly want to play that game again because it was very good, but I don't own any form of Xbox and I'm not gonna buy one just for backwards compatibility to play one (1) 360 game.

LO is a great game that, like many jrpgs, would benefit from a rerelease with a speed up toggle added

May 8, 2006

they wanted it because it looks rad

May 8, 2006

I've played through FF6 who knows how many times, not to mentions tons of unfinished runs, and I don't know if I've ever see a desperation attack

May 8, 2006

Harrow posted:

FFIX sees Final Fantasy at its most Dragon Quest

a devastating critique, and I agree

May 8, 2006

i used it on my last playthrough and liked it.

i also used the 100% steal chance mod and it owned

May 8, 2006

my gf is doomtrain

May 8, 2006

if you play the game well tidus and wakka kiss at the end. not surprising people in here don't know that though.

May 8, 2006

I wish ffix had done more with characters combining their abilities ala Steiner and Vivi doing sword magic

May 8, 2006

*rude looks directly into the camera* despite my tough appearance I lack the confidence or will to interrupt and say I want to continue the boss fight. this juxtaposition is embarrassing for me. farewell.

May 8, 2006

Schwarzwald posted:

Ideally, the rules and mechanics would work in concert with a work's narrative.

if the thread wants a new argument to have i would be curious to hear where people think the FF games actually succeed at this because they do often try

May 8, 2006

sorry actually the character advancement and battle systems in ffx and ffx-2 reflect the journey of the characters and if you sign up for my patreon now you may listen to my 15 part solo podcast explaining why

May 8, 2006

i hope it fails so they will turn to their real destiny: using the FF7R combat system to make a new parasite eve

May 8, 2006

imho in general jrpgs should endeavor to give you a full party asap and limit breaking that up

May 8, 2006

May 8, 2006

could be a combo of believing in the ideal of the empire as something being failed, rather than just flawed, and justifying that him trying to make it better from the inside is better than leaving and letting another war crimes clown take power

related I will admit as a kid I got got twice and did two full playthroughs at different times trying to do a totally real trick to get general leo back and in your party

May 8, 2006

the updated pc version translation makes aeris' character a bit more clear imo

May 8, 2006

I love my pile of inscrutable and useless loot

May 8, 2006

glad my eyes are not too weak to handle the pixel remaster font

May 8, 2006

i refuse to accept tee-dus. i will oppose it until my dying breath

May 8, 2006

everyone should chill out and play the strongest mainline FF game, Mystic Quest

May 8, 2006

turn-based is the refuge of the fundamentally cowardly, those who need reality stopped to make sure they are comfortable before every step forward they take

in conclusion, revenant wings is the best final fantasy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

the truth of the matter is i've been playing FF games for like 30 years so even if they get real lovely i'm going to keep playing them because I'm in to see how this whole things turns out