Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
please help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
trapped between posting and logging off... is this really living

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

It is now safe to turn off your computer

Stoner Sloth

pnac attack posted:

when hell is full, the logged off shall walk the earth

pixaal

I logged off once a day, the outside world is dark and has a comfortable place to rest.

sig by owlhawk911

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
try a PS5 instead op. u won't miss ur pc

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I can't stop smoking computer!

pixaal

You haven't lived until you have crushed up your RAM and snorted that poo poo.

sig by owlhawk911

Twenty Four

Putting a sweet time release vape rig in my pc case, blowing clouds into the room out the exhaust fans like a fog machine.

Sometimes I load up as many programs and applications as possible to get the heat and fan speeds up to max for a real wild time!

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
i wake to warm computer beside me and when i touch it a welcoming glow fills my vision

good morning byob

----------------

pixaal

I miss the warmth of multiple CRTs monitors surrounding me. That's why I bought a bunch of HDR high refresh rate monitors that require active cooling! It feels like I'm in a sauna all day!

sig by owlhawk911

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

I miss the warmth of multiple CRTs monitors surrounding me. That's why I bought a bunch of HDR high refresh rate monitors that require active cooling! It feels like I'm in a sauna all day!

there are highs and lows. one day you're jacked into your state of the art posting rig, bathed in data like a fish in water

the next you're muttering curses at your taped together business laptop, praying for a wiki article to load

it's not worth it, orb. heed my warning.

computer: not even once

----------------

pecan

calling it an "Us" B port

hot cocoa on the couch

yesterday i snuck away from my loving spouse and family to squeeze in a quick "one-poster" in the laundry room, i just couldn't go any longer... i think i have a problem byob and i'm afraid my family will find out

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Manifisto

really insidious how these dealers get the kids hooked . . . a couple of free key caps one day, "oh, it's just a tiny bit, it can't hurt you," then the next day it's a usb adapter or a trackpad button. pretty soon they're up to case fans and heatsinks and before you know it they're hooked, they're stealing mom's jewelry for a northbridge controller chip, sitting blissed out on the sidewalk with sata cables dangling from their veins. makes ya sick.

ty nesamdoom!

Buttchocks

Just like those AOL disks. The first one's free....but so is the second, and the third, etc. It's insidious.

pixaal

I gave my computer some weed and now it's paranoid that I'm trying to program its thoughts.

sig by owlhawk911

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

I gave my computer some weed and now it's paranoid that I'm trying to program its thoughts.

well *someone* is, man :tinfoil:

computer is always there for you. you can buy computer. there is always more computer. computer is your friend

----------------

Pahilla the Hun

Thinking about making a post

Think about it, make a post

i come home to my wife, she’s sobbing and holding a bill from TigerDirect

thanks nesamdoom!!

pizzaz plarpin perfect! thanks Tebulot!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Want to hold an intervention for you but due to lockdowns and other issues the only plausible way to do this would be a Zoom meeting and I feel like that might send a mixed signal.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

pnac attack posted:

isn't living just the time we post and the time we don't

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
wake up in the middle of the night thinking about computer

oh good. it's still here

----------------

Escape From Noise

I suggest you quit "cold turkey". Get a cold turkey (frozen) and wing it at your computer until both are completely obliterated.

hot cocoa on the couch

:laugh:

pixaal

directions unclear: I tried eating the cold turkey and broke all my teeth.

sig by owlhawk911

Escape From Noise

pixaal posted:

directions unclear: I tried eating the cold turkey and broke all my teeth.

Sounds like a user to interface issue. Please hold as I connect you to another department better suited to help you with your needs.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

Escape From Noise posted:

I suggest you quit "cold turkey". Get a cold turkey (frozen) and wing it at your computer until both are completely obliterated.

spoken like a man who has never even tried to quit computer. been there, done that, still posting

----------------

Escape From Noise

Spoken like a Thanksgiving addict

Bright Bart

So you remember how your dad would make you smoke a whole pack of cigarettes when they caught you?

Read all gaslight threads front to back taking only bathroom and snack breaks.

Bright Bart

pnac attack posted:

spoken like a man who has never even tried to quit computer. been there, done that, still posting

Withdrawal can be a b**ch so I recommend getting a slower, older computer to use first and then after a few months stepping down even more to one of those toy laptops for toddlers which play word and math games.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
i miss when computer made more noise

Bright Bart posted:

Withdrawal can be a b**ch so I recommend getting a slower, older computer to use first and then after a few months stepping down even more to one of those toy laptops for toddlers which play word and math games.

i've tapered down to a laptop but can't manage to kick it

----------------

Buttchocks

So desperate for a hit that I'm licking an abacus.

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Buttchocks posted:

So desperate for a hit that I'm licking an abacus.

:five:

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

first step is admitting you have a problem

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

A true addiction entails a growing tolerance to a substance (think drugs or alcohol) so you need more to get "high," uncomfortable symptoms during withdrawal, and a harmful impact on your life, Greenfield says.

Computer technologies can be addictive, he says, because they're "psychoactive." That is, they alter mood and often trigger enjoyable feelings.

Email, in particular, gives us satisfaction due to what psychologists call "variable ratio reinforcement." That is, we never know when we'll get a satisfying email, so we keep checking, over and over again. "It's like slot machines," Greenfield says. "We're seeking that pleasurable hit."

Twenty Four

Manifisto posted:

really insidious how these dealers get the kids hooked . . . a couple of free key caps one day, "oh, it's just a tiny bit, it can't hurt you," then the next day it's a usb adapter or a trackpad button. pretty soon they're up to case fans and heatsinks and before you know it they're hooked, they're stealing mom's jewelry for a northbridge controller chip, sitting blissed out on the sidewalk with sata cables dangling from their veins. makes ya sick.

I remember the day my computer dealer got me hooked when they gave me an F5 key. That refresh key was the beginning to the end.

pixaal

Twenty Four posted:

I remember the day my computer dealer got me hooked when they gave me an F5 key. That refresh key was the beginning to the end.

dude you need to get an auto refresher.

You probably have the parts to make one at home you'll need about 500 bytes of notepad, you probably have some from rolling papers. Then you are going to get Auto Hot Key or Auto It out and make it so when you press f5 it will keep pressing it every so often for you. You define it! Just don't be too quick or you'll use up all your computer with a big gap in your memory.

sig by owlhawk911

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

pnac attack posted:

i've tapered down to a laptop but can't manage to kick it
Put on some steel-toes and try again. If you can't kick it, you could try stomping it, or dropping from 10+ feet onto concrete.

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

pixaal

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Put on some steel-toes and try again. If you can't kick it, you could try stomping it, or dropping from 10+ feet onto concrete.

You try kicking and doing more than breaking your foot and whatever the laptop hits when it's all steel body Lenovo T series Thinkpad. Thing weighs 20lbs and will wreck the walls. A good dealer should be able to get you an unregistered T series with the serial filed off.

sig by owlhawk911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

You try kicking and doing more than breaking your foot and whatever the laptop hits when it's all steel body Lenovo T series Thinkpad. Thing weighs 20lbs and will wreck the walls. A good dealer should be able to get you an unregistered T series with the serial filed off.

that's what i'm posting on right now. feel so seen but also owned

----------------