Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy

pixaal posted:

I use a track ball for my laptop on the couch it's nice for couch browsing.

Anyway last night I was in a half asleep state and found myself moving my thumb like it was a using a track ball to swing the "camera" in the dream.

Then Tetris B, my alarm, started playing and the dream broke into Tetris blocks falling that I kept turning by clicking

I woke up when I slammed my hand into the head board and broke my clicking finger, it's okay though I taped it to my bird finger and both together are able to click mouse with barely any pain!

a terminal case

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arCoXdUC3wI

----------------

DOPE FIEND KILLA G

Q

Is screen addiction associated with other unhealthy behaviors, outcomes, or addictions?

A

Yes, several studies have correlated screen usage and excessive social media usage (“hyper-networkers”—more than three hours of social media a day) to poorer grades, more acting-out sexual behavior, more behavioral problems. Beyond unhealthy behaviors, we see that excessive screen usage in adults can correlate to increased depression (so-called Facebook depression due to what’s known as the “social comparison effect”) and increased anxiety. Dr. Craig Anderson and his research associates at Iowa State have over fifteen years of research showing the aggression-increasing effects of violent video games. Dr. Mark Griffith and Angelica de Gortari have coined the term “Game Transfer Phenomena”—psychotic-like features that are often observed in compulsive gamers who blur the game with reality, or who have intrusive sights and sounds of the game manifesting even when they’re not playing the game. In my own clinical practice, I have seen first-hand this form of what I call “Video Game Psychosis”: Gaming clients who’ve had full-blown psychotic breaks after marathon gaming sessions and who needed to be psychiatrically hospitalized.

Zurtilik

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I wanna be hospitalized with being too much of a gamer!

pixaal

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

pnac attack posted:

a terminal case

C:\
shutdown -r -t 10
echo see you on the flip side

sig by owlhawk911

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Help I played just one more turn on civ 5 and now I have Video Game Psychosis

ClamdestineBoyster
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I sleep with a calculator between my buttcheeks in case I wake up and need to jot down some dream math. :hai:

----------------

pecan

ya'll ever tap the page of a physical book thinking it will turn

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yes, and then immediately got really embarassed and tried to log off of book.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

pecan posted:

ya'll ever tap the page of a physical book thinking it will turn

A hard sci-fi cautionary tale come to life

pecan

I didn’t even mention when I hold my finger on a word to know it’s definition

Twenty Four

Drink-Mix Man posted:

A little trick I've learned in recovery is to bring my own disconnected mouse to LAN parties so I have something to do with my hands.

lol

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Stigma is bad but so can be people underestimating the problem.

I've had people tell me "it's not a real addiction" or that I'm "lucky it's just computers" as I mainline a Dell desktop.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
it's like computer is the only thing i can entergage with anymore

----------------

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

my garfs............

my computer,,,...................

never seen2gether..................makes u think...,

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I just freebased a Lenovo laptop

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
i smoke several GBs of data every day

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

I just freebased a Lenovo laptop

how do you do that?

asking for a friend

Bright Bart

Someone posts a link to a Newegg Black Friday special.

"NO SOURCING!!"

pixaal

chuckles, still using Newegg? Is this 2008?
[user was banned for this post]

[rap sheet]
I just edited that out of someone else's post 15 minutes ago and banned them for this exact same thing.

sig by owlhawk911

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Computer-addicted rock star gets booed off stage for being too distracted by World of Warcraft to perform.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
No wonder I'm not even getting a buzz from this Alienware; someone cut it with Tandy parts! How old is this poo poo?

hbag

yospos bithc,

----------------

Bright Bart

It started innocently. My pal had a 2-for-1 card at the local internet safe. By next year my room had posters of Steve Jobs. Didn't care when my parents found out. I was too far gone. It was when my little brother walked in on me boofing a Rasberry Pi that it hit home: I needed help.

Too bad all the support groups were online and it pulled me right back in.

Bright Bart

Selling motherboards and cheap phones right outside the detox facility.

Am a total piece of circuit.

Twenty Four

If you are going to use computer due to addiction, always use a clean disk. If you shareware a disk you run the risk of catching and spreading a virus.

pixaal

I did shareware once now I got a worm, Dr Worm and I have to sing it every hour on the hour without fail even if I'm sleeping I just wake up and start signing.

It has ruined my sl THEY CALL ME DOCTOR WORM

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Good morning! How are you? They call me Doctor Worm; I'm not a real doctor, but I am a real worm.

Bright Bart

I am Col. Doctor Senator Esquire, a pilot.

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
so hungry... forgetting what eye contact feels like... computer just won't let go

----------------

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

pnac attack posted:

a terminal case

pixaal

pnac attack posted:

so hungry... forgetting what eye contact feels like... computer just won't let go

contacts make your eye itchy. I prefer glasses for my computer related eye damage.

sig by owlhawk911

pnac attack

by Fluffdaddy
what makes y'all keep posting? do you feel like your life is better because you do?

----------------

pixaal

it is called socialization and communication, mom, you wouldn't understand forum games

sig by owlhawk911

Ass-penny

pnac attack posted:

what makes y'all keep posting? do you feel like your life is better because you do?

I like my friends in BYOB and I post so I can be with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

pnac attack posted:

I post when I should be working, don't tell my boss :ssh: