Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

urban meyer is 2-1 since he stuck his hand down that lady's pants

potentially 2-2 but i'm not gonna pull up a calendar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Hey now Urban is classy. He tried to go up her pants

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/pfref/status/1457469165015642115?t=PvKG0pb16hfd81_mZWnKFA&s=19

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I wonder which way the Ravens will torture the Bears fans. Win on a safety?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

Ravens looked like poo poo for like 65% of that game and I don't even care because they're 6-2 and have a chance to be #1 in the conference after tonight babyyy

its insane checking the boxscore after the game and seeing they got like 500 total yards, outgained the vikings by 200, got like 10 more first downs, twice the ToP etc. even with the two interceptions (which, combined, led to 3 points) you'd wonder how the gently caress the game was this close. vikings even had more penalty yardage.

but then you watch the game and you're like 'ohhhh yeahhhh okay yeah this makes sense'

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Broncos…godlike?

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

its insane checking the boxscore after the game and seeing they got like 500 total yards, outgained the vikings by 200, got like 10 more first downs, twice the ToP etc. even with the two interceptions (which, combined, led to 3 points) you'd wonder how the gently caress the game was this close. vikings even had more penalty yardage.

but then you watch the game and you're like 'ohhhh yeahhhh okay yeah this makes sense'

everything on offense just seems so difficult. really curious to see some analysis on how Zimmer defended the pass today.

also credit to the defense for reeally tightening up after about 1.5 quarters. after Cook's huge run I figured they just weren't up to defending the wide zone today but they stepped up.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiec/status/1457472956427288585

it never ends

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

well that is loving awful

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

This is amazing

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

AndrewP posted:

everything on offense just seems so difficult. really curious to see some analysis on how Zimmer defended the pass today.

also credit to the defense for reeally tightening up after about 1.5 quarters. after Cook's huge run I figured they just weren't up to defending the wide zone today but they stepped up.

every decent run through the first 2.5 quarters felt like it was immediately called back on some hold. can't bitch about the offense too much because they defintiely are capable of some lamar magic bullshit at any time, the passing game is the best it's ever been, and everyone single team in the league also hates their offensive line. but its definitely not a well oiled machine and it sure as poo poo is inconsistent.

the only consistent thing seems to be jackson running himself into sacks when the play breaks down and everyone is covered. that's a 3rd and long special.

but i guess you're also guaranteed to see insane poo poo happen just whenever throughout the game so i guess the lesson is to just enjoy the stupid as it happens.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The AFC is hilarious

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Lol Buffalo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Lamar is gonna Lamar and his inconsistency/occasional straight up bad decision making still scares me long term but you just have to hitch your wagon to him at this point and ride the rollercoaster. This year though, at some point (I'm guessing starting week 11) these injuries are going to be unsustainable even with the Can Throw edition of Lamar carrying the team.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

if the ravens only sustained like 50% of their current injuries they'd be a juggernaut. oh well the season is still wacky fun even if its some cardiac poo poo

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Can a conference's playoff bracket consist entirely of 9 win teams

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Sour Diesel posted:

if the ravens only sustained like 50% of their current injuries they'd be a juggernaut. oh well the season is still wacky fun even if its some cardiac poo poo

a decent offensive line is really all they need but unfortunately Ronnie Stanley ain't walking through that door

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Glad we learned today who the best Josh Allen in the league really is.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/1457486815619915776?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Not surprised, man that play ended and literally everyone was calling for the medical staff immediately.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Is this the week everyone finally realizes the 49ers suck?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/DrawPlayDave/status/1457489519247167495

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Justin Herbert regressed to the mean... of owning defenses

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I forget which thread someone said there seemed to be more bad teams this year, and while that may be true there’s also no good/great team who hasn’t had a diaper game or two besides maybe the Rams. everyone seems beatable but utter garbage any given week

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mystic Stylez posted:

Justin Herbert regressed to the mean... of owning defenses
https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1457496764798357509?t=QDpSoJjiwRIi4Vhe3ZiTNQ&s=19

If you're a semi-competent QB, you will have a day against the Eagles

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Robby hates Sam so much.

https://twitter.com/1pantherplace/status/1457444430701600772?s=21
https://twitter.com/nyjtoday/status/1457447837399191562?s=21

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

shyduck posted:

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1457496764798357509?t=QDpSoJjiwRIi4Vhe3ZiTNQ&s=19

If you're a semi-competent QB, you will have a day against the Eagles

I feel like only playing spot drop defense and never showing blitz is not the way you want to play defense in 2021

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There's no reason for the Niners not to start Lance the rest of the way out.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

There's no reason for the Niners not to start Lance the rest of the way out.

<Looks at Love>

I can think of one possible reason

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Daniel……

“Colt”

….McCoy.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

sharknado slashfic posted:

Still have no idea if the Ravens are good or not

We'd probably be the best team in the AFC if Edwards and Dobbins hadn't both gone down. But not having a reliable runner outside of Lamar REALLY screws up what we do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ugh Panthers suck at the moment and tepper seems like the kind of clown to do something dumb about it.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Another deeply unimpressive win by the Chiefs :geno:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all 3 ohio teams are doing great

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Man the AFC is just trash.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Ravens are inconsistent and injured as gently caress but apparently the rest of the AFC is so bad that they're still probably the best team in the conference.

Depends on if the Titans have finally learned how to play defense and can learn to live with life without Henry. Guess we'll find out tonight!

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
This was the first time in several weeks that I thought the Broncos had more energy than their opponents. They were on point, but this wasn't 30-0 without the Cowboys having issues. Some of their dropped passes were egregious, and Dak did not look fully recovered from injury at all.

This game didn't change my mind about Fangio or Shurmur, but it's looking like the new GM Paton had a good year. Surtain is covering well enough that you barely hear his name, Javonte is trucking people, and several lower round picks are making decent contributions on defense. The linebackers they traded low round picks for mid-season have made a few plays too - and while Teddy hasn't been Mahomes, he's certainly been worth more than the price the Broncos paid.

He has a big decision for 2022: pay Courtland Sutton or Tim Patrick? I've assumed since they drafted Jeudy and Hamler that they wouldn't keep both - but I always assumed Patrick would be the odd man out. I'm starting to think Sutton is the expendable one; Patrick just keeps making plays.

The Cowboys had obnoxious red stripes on their helmets. Red white and blue, america's team, veterans, get it? It's so cheesy I'm surprised they didn't do it 5 years ago - or in 2002. Hopefully this game embarrasses them enough that they don't do it again.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Blake Bortles would've won.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Blake Bortles would've won.

mahomes mortal, bortles chortles