Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Justin Herbert good again imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

If you want to make the thread title then make the thread :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chucktesla posted:

Justin Herbert good again imo

can confirm

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/JoshDubowAP/status/1457508922525302784

DEAR LORD

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Could that be anything other than "Sit down bitch!"?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

solarjetman posted:

The Cowboys had obnoxious red stripes on their helmets. Red white and blue, america's team, veterans, get it? It's so cheesy I'm surprised they didn't do it 5 years ago - or in 2002. Hopefully this game embarrasses them enough that they don't do it again.

Yeah it looked terrible, hopefully they never do it again

Broncos played their hearts out and 100% deserved that win. Hopefully this loss shakes up the cowboys a bit, otherwise they are getting bounced in the divisional round

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Yeah it looked terrible, hopefully they never do it again

They had the red stripe all season long in 1976

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

College rivalries never end.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Dr_Strangelove posted:

They had the red stripe all season long in 1976

Still looks bad?

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

I didn't see it cause I was watching the Browns (...win in dominating fashion :getin:), but I'm going to assume that a 9-6 Jags win against the Bills was extreme clownball.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

a neat cape posted:

can confirm

https://twitter.com/ricsanchez/status/1457482191961681922?t=7cOy9w0jV-JqJ_geOy8afQ&s=19

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Zero_Grade posted:

I didn't see it cause I was watching the Browns (...win in dominating fashion :getin:), but I'm going to assume that a 9-6 Jags win against the Bills was extreme clownball.
Josh Allen got a sack, interception, fumble recovery and pass deflection against Josh Allen.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

DariusLikewise posted:

The AFC is hilarious

I remember before the season started everyone was all about how the AFC has the best QB talent and it's lopsided against the NFC. I guess the NFC has a few teams that are exceptional and the rest suck while the AFC is just trading wins and losses around and it's a blend.

This being said, happy the Browns won. Had a really solid showing. I hope they play like this and once we get Conklin and Hunt back hoping to go on a tear. This being said, they are the Browns and have a very very hard schedule coming up with high winning teams (and Detroit which we can still Browns it up on). I hope the Browns, Bengals, Ravens all make the post season. AFCN and I think AFCW are like the best divisions in Football apparently with all winning records.

Also hoping the Steelers lose to the Bears on Monday.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

This is going to be one of those wonderful wonderful seasons where there's an insane logjam of teams within range of the wildcard spots going into the final minutes of the last game of the season, isn't it? :allears:

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

https://twitter.com/FootbaIl_Tweets/status/1457521232778305539?t=2keM1WL1pplocg6wDuF-zw&s=07

Lmao

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

wow the AFC North had three big wins today by Baltimore, Cleveland and Tennessee, what a division

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Same ol sorry rear end rams

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
11 teams in the AFC are above .500

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
McVay truly the master of allowing a team to kick his rear end in the first half, making no adjustment and allowing that team to continue kicking his rear end in the second half.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

McVay truly the master of allowing a team to kick his rear end in the first half, making no adjustment and allowing that team to continue kicking his rear end in the second half.

how dare you that's matt nagy

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Lmao I love Kliff, what a brutal own

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

AndrewP posted:

wow the AFC North had three big wins today by Baltimore, Cleveland and Tennessee, what a division

Big a Jeff

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

thinking about rodgers's 500 page report on covid treatment

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Guess who's not the future and they know it?

https://twitter.com/AmyTrask/status/1457491944632832001

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

With how far above his receivers Love was throwing the ball, they just put his Mom/GF in the best possible location to catch one of his throwaways imo.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Kalli posted:

Maybe his mom just wants the All-22?

Or:

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1457509089710333954

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
So, back-up QBs who have put up good stats in the past two weeks: Mike White, Cooper Rush, 2021 Colt McCoy, Trevor Siemian, Josh Johnson*
Back-up QBs who haven’t: 2020 1st-round pick Jordan Love
*In garbage time

The era of Love has begun inauspiciously. Did I miss anyone? Someone want to make a case for Brisket?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Did Darnold sneeze into his hat then put it on?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

indigi posted:

I forget which thread someone said there seemed to be more bad teams this year, and while that may be true there’s also no good/great team who hasn’t had a diaper game or two besides maybe the Rams. everyone seems beatable but utter garbage any given week

I’m not gonna say for certain that tonight was your fault but I’m pretty sure you hexed the Rams

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

What exactly did Josh Allen do? Can someone show a replay? Sounds like he seriously hosed himself up or something.

Anyway the Broncos somehow shoved around the cowgirls as if they weren't even there with a bunch of tackling dummies held together with super glue and duct tape.... Maybe it turns out that our backup linemen were just way better than our starters this whole time? :psyduck:

It definitely helped that our clueless offensive coordinator finally realized that "hey, maybe we should give our stud running back who is averaging like 7 yards a carry the ball more than 5 times a game"

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

solarjetman posted:

This was the first time in several weeks that I thought the Broncos had more energy than their opponents. They were on point, but this wasn't 30-0 without the Cowboys having issues. Some of their dropped passes were egregious, and Dak did not look fully recovered from injury at all.

This game didn't change my mind about Fangio or Shurmur, but it's looking like the new GM Paton had a good year. Surtain is covering well enough that you barely hear his name, Javonte is trucking people, and several lower round picks are making decent contributions on defense. The linebackers they traded low round picks for mid-season have made a few plays too - and while Teddy hasn't been Mahomes, he's certainly been worth more than the price the Broncos paid.

He has a big decision for 2022: pay Courtland Sutton or Tim Patrick? I've assumed since they drafted Jeudy and Hamler that they wouldn't keep both - but I always assumed Patrick would be the odd man out. I'm starting to think Sutton is the expendable one; Patrick just keeps making plays.

The Cowboys had obnoxious red stripes on their helmets. Red white and blue, america's team, veterans, get it? It's so cheesy I'm surprised they didn't do it 5 years ago - or in 2002. Hopefully this game embarrasses them enough that they don't do it again.

I agree Fangio & Shurmur are both trash and need to go after this season regardless of what happens. That last drive of the first half was pathetic, 3 time outs with 1:30 left on the clock and you just play to run out the clock instead of trying to score?! And with 10 min left in game, just happy to run up the middle 3 times and punt on every possession and play a soft prevent on defense... how about rewarding your players for playing out of their minds by letting them try to shutout Dallas, which has never been done at their stadium?

Disagree about Teddy. I don't actually know what the Broncos paid for him (maybe nothing?) but it was too much. He is trash. He should have thrown at least 2 picks this game but got extremely lucky that the Cowboys can't catch. And he frequently throws the ball way off target even when under no pressure, he needs to be gone at end of season as well.

For the receivers, is it viable to keep both Patrick & Sutton? If we have to let go of a receiver, I would let go of Hamler. He is always injured and when he's not, he's out there dropping easy touchdown passes like it's his job. What's the point of having a "deep threat" if he can't catch the ball?

Paton seems promising so far. He's made a few egregious mistakes. Both Darby and Fuller signings were busts. Drafting Surtain instead of Parsons Fields was bad. But this is the first time I can ever remember that the Broncos drafted guys in the 3-7 rounds that made a contribution on the field at all their rookie year

DrunkPanda fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Nov 8, 2021

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DrunkPanda posted:

What exactly did Josh Allen do? Can someone show a replay? Sounds like he seriously hosed himself up or something.

*gives a real "get a load of this guy" expression to the camera*

get a load of this guy, doesn't know about The Other Josh Allen

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

The games this week were bad but the results were very, very good :unsmigghh:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

If only the multi billion dollar organization could've dropped a couple grand on some after market tickets.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

No Butt Stuff posted:

If only the multi billion dollar organization could've dropped a couple grand on some after market tickets.

I'm guessing there are rules preventing that.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

A fancy little mouse🐁!

Hot Diggity! posted:

I'm guessing there are rules preventing that.

You absolutely do not want to break the rules for a Green Bay QB.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Kalli posted:

Packers probably just didn't update their "Starting QB's family" protocols .

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Anyone still wanting to hire Joe Brady? Please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
It's not too late for the Panthers to bring back Cam.