Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Nope, canceled the showrunner was fairly vocal about her disappointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

GreenNight posted:

Lovecraft was meant to be one season. More of a miniseries than a regular series.

I thought it was pretty big news when it wasn't renewed for a second season.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Nope, canceled the showrunner was fairly vocal about her disappointment.

Yeah, that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Ah got it. I figured with the way it ended, that was the end of the story. Reading online, I guess the plan was to do something different.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

The little girl at the end basically stole the show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFkus2_SXVI

i didn't notice her hopping up to cheer and bow, haha that's the right reaction to being a little kid who just got to be on TV.

I feel like Majors was in relatively few sketches, but I enjoyed this episode a lot. Skipped about halfway through the music, just wasn't grabbing me, last week I woulda said it was the venue but watching some random ancient SNLs this weekend, like, they can get good sound there evidently. That or 70s music just sounds good however.

Glad Squirm finally got a bit and it killed, hopefully they'll let her do more moving forward!

I didn't hate the robot character, but atari seemed maybe a bit nervous? They got on more of a roll towards the end. I think maybe also it's a voice that just works better in a room where it's quieter and you're closer and the guttural computer voice noises would land more than when trying to project and amplify to audience.

I liked the man park pre-taped bit, but I wish they'd stop kind of just dropping the sketch pitch into the sketch itself. "It's like a dog park, but for men" is the premise and they don't need to state it, they should just take the premise, make the jokes and let us go ahead and go "lol dog park 4 mans" because all of the bits will give that info without the narrator announcing it.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/nbcsnl/status/1461461800197701638

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Saw this tweet from the SNL musical guests intro account:

https://twitter.com/snlhostsintro/status/1460674219075780609?s=20

The video threw me for a loop because it looks like it was relatively recent. Apparently Korn was on SNL in 2005! Isn't that way past when they were popular? Like 1999, sure, but 6 years later is surprising.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It tracks, SNL hasn’t booked heavy rock bands while they’re at their most relevant in decades.

Book Turnstile, you cowards.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Trent Reznor.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjsZyDImU7g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExqTVjrFaLk

Newly-minted Marvel action star Simu Liu makes his SNL debut, as does Saweetie, who will be performing “Tap In” / “Best Friend” and “Icy Chain.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUIrolORx6M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xJUCsyMQes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYQ1HUEE6q8

We may also see another Jeanine Pirro cold open, which maybe means more JAJ DJT?? It’s only been two shows since the last one but I could go for more of that yes please.

In Vintage... sigh... Harry Styles from November 16 2019. I’m watching Justine Bateman with Terrance Trent D’Arby from 1988 for my own vintage.

Enjoy the show! Wow!

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/yeehaw_meg/status/1461894785921396740?s=21

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Sounds right, all three give big 'misjudged how much hwroin they can handle and passed pit face down on the grill' energy.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
New Trump is a breath of fresh air. I don’t mind the political cold opens as much...

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Opening sketch was pretty scattershot, but I did like the bit with the two liberal pundits.

"This is not who we are"

"I feel like it kinda is, though"

Edit: Wow, short monologue.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 21, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

DaveWoo posted:

Edit: Wow, short monologue.

It was clear they had absolutely nothing to write for him.

pwn
May 27, 2004

BREAKING: Peter Aykroyd, S5 featured player and brother of Dan, has died. No primary sources for this but obit is confirmed to be run at end of tonight’s show.

pwn
May 27, 2004

I wonder if Target is happy with this sketch or if they’re getting a little more than they paid for. What brand doesn’t want to be associated with pervvy grandpa?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro
Dog Head Man!

pwn posted:

BREAKING: Peter Aykroyd, S5 featured player and brother of Dan, has died. No primary sources for this but obit is confirmed to be run at end of tonight’s show.

:smith:

Snorb
Nov 19, 2010
I loved how Beck Bennet Mikey Day was trying (and failing) not to laugh when Dog Head Man was EXPLORING HIS OWN BODY defusing the bomb.

Snorb fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 21, 2021

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
The veteran white guys on the cast are all interchangeable, but Beck left before the season started. That was Mikey Day.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Why not be in a parody of your own song? what else are you doing, marc cohn

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
This is the weirdest choice of song to do a parody of.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

The veteran white guys on the cast are all interchangeable, but Beck left before the season started. That was Mikey Day.

I believe that you believe that but honestly we may never know.

RE: Staten Island. I appreciate that New Yorkers probably find this bit hilarious but its really hard for the rest of us to get into when they do very new york centric sketches. My wife lived in Queens for a few years which is the only reason I even know what a bodega is

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Let’s hope Update brings it hard because eh it has not been particularly memorable so far.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Either Saweetie has way more known tracks than I thought and has something saved for the 2nd (big guest perhaps?), or she’s kinda blowing her load doing a medley first. Fun enough arrangement of the tracks at least.

pwn
May 27, 2004

EL BROMANCE posted:

Either Saweetie has way more known tracks than I thought and has something saved for the 2nd (big guest perhaps?), or she’s kinda blowing her load doing a medley first. Fun enough arrangement of the tracks at least.

The second song is Icy Chain, video posted above

ben liftington
Jul 7, 2004

pete davidson eating a lot of cake in this skit

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
If they're gonna keep re-using the same sketch, they should at least put some kind of different spin on it.

ben liftington posted:

That was the best part of the sketch.

DaveWoo fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Nov 21, 2021

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Dear loving lord the source for this is stupid years old. They’re absolutely scraping the barrel this week.

E: oops forgot I was paused for a bunch. The weed sketch.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i actually fell asleep during weekend update and woke up for saweetie's 2nd song but i'm guessing i didnt miss much

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

The Nastier Nate posted:

i actually fell asleep during weekend update and woke up for saweetie's 2nd song but i'm guessing i didnt miss much

You missed...

ben liftington posted:

Also oddly enough I woke up half way through weekend update...

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.
The Liu/Yang Asian-off saved the episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Some network should just give in and let Kenan host an actual gameshow.

Also I really want cake now after seeing how good that cake must have been since Pete just ate the whole thing during the skit.

SLICK GOKU BABY fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 21, 2021

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I'm a week behind but I've definitely been to where they filmed the manpark sketch.

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Some network should just give in and let Kenan host an actual gameshow.

Also I really want cake now after seeing how good that cake must have been since Pete just ate the whole thing during the skit.

Yes! Can some network *please* make a gameshow where the host gets to antagonize the contestants so Kenan and/or Bill Hader can host it.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Pork Pro

Dracula Factory posted:

Yes! Can some network *please* make a gameshow where the host gets to antagonize the contestants so Kenan and/or Bill Hader can host it.

Wow; tell me you've never seen Family Feud with Steve Harvey without telling me you've never seen Family Feud with Steve Harvey...

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Wow; tell me you've never seen Family Feud with Steve Harvey without telling me you've never seen Family Feud with Steve Harvey...

How dare you accuse me of not loving family feud! lol but yeah but Kenan gleefully eating popcorn while the guests were confused made the sketch for me and I want that type of energy in the real world. I would watch "What's That Name?" religiously if it were an actual show.

Also this episode was kinda weak overall, but "The first GAY asian man to deapan on splash mountain" really got my goat.

Dracula Factory fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Nov 21, 2021

pwn
May 27, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYcDQ11vI0M

There were a couple other sketches cut for time from the live show, hopefully they get uploaded soon.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Wife has never driven by Fresh Kills, didn't understand why I laughed so hard during "Walking in Staten."

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

The Nastier Nate posted:

I believe that you believe that but honestly we may never know.

RE: Staten Island. I appreciate that New Yorkers probably find this bit hilarious but its really hard for the rest of us to get into when they do very new york centric sketches. My wife lived in Queens for a few years which is the only reason I even know what a bodega is
I am a New Yorker, Brooklyn not Staten Island, and even I felt it went on a bit long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
Are there any good pre-SNL Please Don't Destroy sketches? The only sketch of theirs I've enjoyed is Three Sad Virgins and the other four felt really low effort.