Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Peyote Panda posted:

As a side note, Event Horizon scriptwriter Philip Eisner stated Warhammer 40K was an influence on said script. Maybe the links go back further. Are VINCENT and Ol' Bob early-generation Men of Iron? Did Kate's psyker abilities draw in the Chaos Gods to cause the surreal denouement of The Black Hole?

Following that line: how many people working on The Black Hole read 2000 AD?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.
People here must not have read the whole original post.

Peyote Panda
Mar 10, 2019

CPL593H posted:

Sorry, I did miss you noting the same EH connections in the OP, though I did go back and reread that thanks to your prompting. That raised another general parallel: at one point you compared the Cygnus to a haunted castle, which the EH scriptwriter also noted as a more general inspiration for the story, the idea of the Event Horizon vessel as a haunted house in space.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Peyote Panda posted:

Sorry, I did miss you noting the same EH connections in the OP, though I did go back and reread that thanks to your prompting. That raised another general parallel: at one point you compared the Cygnus to a haunted castle, which the EH scriptwriter also noted as a more general inspiration for the story, the idea of the Event Horizon vessel as a haunted house in space.

Yeah I mentioned Event Horizon in there.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CPL593H posted:

Reading is for nerds.

Not me a totally unnerdy cool dude posting on a dead forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LemonLimeSoda
Jan 23, 2020
Alien: Covenant reminds me much more of this film than Event Horizon