Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Firstly, not a fan of LoL but I do love a good weird fiction dystopia, also love to draw/paint and have a huge appreciation for concept art. Was recommended this by a few people last year who told me 'Trust me, completely ignore the LoL thing, watch this because the animation and story is amazing', but sort of set it on the backburner due to busy times after Xmas. Finally got around to it this last weekend after my plans were derailed due to the local storms and me recovering from a migraine. Thought I'd pop on some easy watching nonsense to enjoy while resting out the postdrome in bed. Holy poo poo I was wrong to sleep on this, it is hands down the best series I have seen for a long time. I cannot even begin to express how good this series is. I ended up binging the entire nine episodes in a day.

The entire thing looks like beautiful concept art paintings, but animated. Every part of it is gorgeously animated.

In nine episodes, the storytelling is so lean - it's a masterclass in show don't tell. There's no need for much exposition, all the setting and nuance unfolds organically in conversation or suggestion. So much is crammed into character expressions and body language.

The voice acting is incredible, and in combination with the animation pulled off some heart-wrenching stuff that I've rarely seen actors pull off before.

The soundtrack is great. Maybe the only thing I found annoying was the Imagine Dragons cameo (though I do like their song as the theme). The music at the end of the 3rd episode, and the during the Ekko and Jinx fight, and the finale though? Amazing.

All the characters are nuanced, even the villains. That's not me endorsing any of them, but just glad they are fleshed out as people instead of stereotypes as such.

Every episode was good, not one weak one. Just an absolute powerhouse of a finale.

Was glad to see some queer representation, and happy to wait until the next series to see it (hopefully) pay off, as it might have been a bit rushed for series one.

I'm just absolutely loving bewildered and delighted that this exists and somehow is way better than it has any right to be, and also there is going to be a second season (also impatient for that). I'm going to re-watch it immediately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

I'm going to watch Arcane again because it owns.